more fertile after a miscarriage??

Halley

Mummy to an angel
Reaction score
Hey, I'm not sure if I've posted this is the right section, I apologise if I have.

I've herd you can be more fertile after a miscarriage, is this true or just a rumour?
I've looked this up but I don't get any definite feedback. Would really like to know, so any comments, opinions would be much appreciated.. :flower:

Thanks Ladies - Hall x

i had misscarriage then month later fell pregnant with my 2 and half yr old and doctors told me ur more ferftile after misccariage cos the lining of uterus is thin,, but not sure wat that means lol. xx

I was also told by my GP that you are more fertile after a miscarriage. I fell pregnant 3 months after my miscarriage in August 2008 with twins so there could be some truth in it xx

I would love for this to be true (though I'm guessing it depends on the person). I'm still recovering from my miscarriage at 12 weeks but DH and I are eager to get back in the saddle. I feel like I know my next child already and really want to meet him soon. :)

Thank you Ladies, you've made my day.. :happydance: x

I had a chemical after 4 years ttc and got my "real" bfp two months later.

Hi there, I really think it varies from woman to woman and you'll get pregnant when your body is ready to. For some this will be straight after but for others its longer. It took me 6 months and to be honest the "more fertile after a MC" line made me feel worse not better when it didn't happen straight away. I don't want to upset you because there is every chance it will happen quickly for you but the truth is I don't think its been scientifically proven. xxx

Yeah hun I understand it depends on the body etc.. And I'm most definitely not going to get my hopes up! But I feel a bit happier that it may still happen quicker.. :flower:

I understand completely - good luck! xxx

I heard this all over the place as well and there are 2 schools of thought. One is that you are simply because your body 'knows' how to be pregnant now and also because a lot of first mc's can be down to (this is not a proven claim but an idea) the fact that half of the baby's dna is from the father and your body sees it as foreign matter and therefore attacks it and rejects it, so next time you get pg your body is less likely to do it again as it will recognise the 'intruder', so to speak.

Whereas the second school of thought is that you you are more fertile simply because you already got pg and therefore know you are fertile. So not so much actual heightened fertility as a perceived one...

The first one sounds better, no? :)

I really hope this is true because I had a miscarriage and I'm ttc again.

I got pregnant first time, so now I'm trying again a large part of me expects to get a bfp again but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Hi fishface - what stage are you at? are you awaiting OV, awaiting AF or are you waiting to take a preg test?

Well I miscarried 2 weeks ago, so it's difficult to know about my cycle. The first day of my miscarriage I've classed as CD1, so that makes me on CD12. I had egg white cm today, so presume I'm ov'ing now which is a bit early? We dtd last night, don't think I have the energy tonight though!

Listen my friend got preg literally straight after her MC.. and i mean days.

IT CAN HAPPEN... just hope your wee session lastnight gets you a BFP!!

because a lot of first mc's can be down to (this is not a proven claim but an idea) the fact that half of the baby's dna is from the father and your body sees it as foreign matter and therefore attacks it and rejects it, so next time you get pg your body is less likely to do it again as it will recognise the 'intruder', so to speak.

The nurse at the triage reception desk told me something very similar. She said that your body doesn't always know what to do with your first baby so it gets rid of it but by the second time it should know that it's supposed to be there. I hope that's true.

I read the same thing after my mc, but couldn't find any real evidence for it. We decided to start trying right away, got a negative on my D&C cycle, then a BFP after my first AF. I'm now 23 weeks with my little boy and everything is going well. All the best sweetie :hugs:

because a lot of first mc's can be down to (this is not a proven claim but an idea) the fact that half of the baby's dna is from the father and your body sees it as foreign matter and therefore attacks it and rejects it, so next time you get pg your body is less likely to do it again as it will recognise the 'intruder', so to speak.

The nurse at the triage reception desk told me something very similar. She said that your body doesn't always know what to do with your first baby so it gets rid of it but by the second time it should know that it's supposed to be there. I hope that's true.

I hope it's true too! x

I hung on to this hope after my mmc and 7 cycles later we are still here trying so no not everyone is more fertile after a miscarriage.

Unfortunately there is no way of telling if you will be one of the lucky ones that are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->