• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

More MIL woes - **No joke, even more!!!!** UPDATE

Just tell her that its all getting too expensive and overwhelming and you and your OH are thinking of just eloping. :winkwink:

Ok...I'm not sure I updated in this thread but we did the seating plan so MIL was on the top table (so already against what we wanted as we didn't want parents up there at all!!). We've gone for the traditional arrangement except where the MOH and Best Man would be we've got my Step mum and step dad. That's fine. So the layout from left to right is stepmum-FIL-mum-OH-ME-dad-MIL-stepdad

Today MIL drops in to see OH at work and low and behold brings up the top table thing AGAIN!!!! She doesn't know she's at the top table by this point. She's whining about being "stuck on a table with no-one she knows" so OH says to her "well it's either that or sit at the top table between Alys dad and stepdad" ....apparently her face dropped!!! So yes, now she wants to be sat at the top table but in a seat of her choice. FFS :gun::gun::gun:
I raged at OH when he told me. I'm sick to the back teeth of her not going with anything we want/decide!!!

Wow she's getting her way and she's still not happy about it. It looks like you've strategically placed mil so she's not beside your DH. What if you switched your stepmum and mil thereby putting her at the end and even less important, but she'd be beside FIL, maybe FIL could help keep her in check. I definitely wouldn't put mil beside DH cause then she'll win, and it seems like you're already allowing her to get her way and call the shots.

As for the flowers, you might want to consult and get pricing and maybe even book a tentative order just in case mil screws this up too. If you've got a backup plan and your bases covered if mil is trying to use the flowers to get her way and pulls the childish "I'm not sitting beside DH" so aly doesnt get her flowers, heck even if you put her beside your OH she'll still probably be pissed and think that she should be seated centre.

Btw has she pushed for her 11 guests anymore, or do you think she'll invite them and act surprised when they show up?

I would either be uninviting her or not having the wedding at this point. Honestly what a f**king stupid woman! What the hell is wrong with these people?!?! xx

I would seriously threaten to call the whole thing off and go to Vegas. Or just do it and tell her afterward. Way too much hassle over very small things from a very petty woman.

Is there any way to exclude her from the planning process?

I'd sit her at a little table by her self right next to the exit!

I give up. I had a rant at work and my entire office think she's a cheeky mare for asking for everything she's asked for so far!! The too suggested a table outside the door :haha: OH wants me, him and FIL to sit MIL down and tell her straight that she does as she's told. But I've got a feeling FIL will side with MIL

I'm going to start looking at florists too. I don't want this left to last minute :nope:

Tbh I do think the only way this will get sorted is if you sit her down and tell her straight because she obviously thinks its acceptable to behave this way. She may sulk for a while but tough titties - its not her wedding and she's spoiling it for you! xx

I think as well telling her is the only way she might stop what she's doing!
Is she like this normally Aly or is it just since planning the wedding?

I'd deffo get something sorted with a florist too, then at least you know yourself it's sorted or you've got a back up plan!

Yeah this is just her and how she is. When we go over there I hate how my opinion counts for nothing when it comes to my daughter. MY daughter! But she treats her like she's hers and I'm just a babysitter :gun::gun:

She's a twat. If she gets bitchy on the day I'll sort her out down worry.

Haha!

xxx

:kiss:

If she's a twat on the day I'll be too busy to entertain her and her dramatics. She'll get a swift kick in the shins if she dare say anything critical :lol: xxx

I don't know how you put up with it Aly. I am annoyed as MIL has invited a couple from Interstate - she keeps banging on about them being OH's god parents, they aren't... He hasn't seem them since he was 3 months old! If I get told one more time 'you have to invite .... as they are .... god parents, I'll scream! I heard you the first 5 f*%#^ing times and I have it in writing from your email!!!! I have no choice anyway as you've already so kindly invited them on our behalf!

Oh Leesy, I know how you feel. We've had to invite "aunt Margaret" even though A, she's not an aunt, B, OH has no idea who she is, and C, we would rather give the seat to someone we know and cherish!!! I don't have any advice in afraid :shrug:

you poor thing! At least OH knows who these people are by name..! On your special day you just try to ignore her as much as you can!

I don't know how you stand her either, she would have ruined it for me already and I would be eloping! Keep strong Aly :) xx

I had a moan to my mum about it all today. My mum doesn't eveb want to be at the top table :rolleyes: I'm just going to tell MIL how it is. She wanted to sit at the top table to show off her outfit and that's what she's got. Apparently at my Step Sisters wedding her mum just sat wherever she wanted and really stressed her out. If my MIL tries that she'll be booted out the venue :lol:

How's it going Aly? when is your wedding? Has Mil calmed down or is she still acting like a spoilt child??

Oh god, so much has happened since this thread :lol: Top table is resolved. Although she still isn't happy. Things have progressed to the guest list now and thats causing friction. Shock!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->