Morning After Pill. Now Pregnant ?

SuperStar1

Just pregnant
Reaction score
Hey. I took the Morning After Pill 14th June less than 24 hours having sex and had a 3 day bleed 3 days later. I was supose to come on my period on the 1st July so that makes me 2 weeks late. Ive had a few symptoms such as really bad bloating, headaches, boobs changing, gained weight round the bum. I dont know are they signs or just me getting bigger lol. Should i be counting the 28 day cylce from the 3 day bleed ? If so i should be due in a few days :) I have had unprotected sex since using the pull out method. Advice ? :thumbup: xxx

I don't know a lot about the morning after pill, but I would imagine that it would mess with your periods. If you're concerned about the date to count from, I'd call your drs office, because they would know the best answer to that question.

In terms of getting the morning after pill, using no protection, etc. - if you are not trying to get pregnant, I would suggest using protection so you're not in this position again. I know not all women can use protection (due to hormones, allergies, etc.), so if that's the case it's understandable. But, in any case, I would also test to be sure!

I would recommend testing but the morning after pill has high doses of hormones (estrogen I think?) and can throw off your cycle so I don't know when you'd start counting from. I definitely think you should consider using a more reliable method of birth control if you're trying to prevent pregnancy. Even the morning after pill isn't a save-all. For example, if you ovulated on CD14 and had unprotected sex the same day, the egg could be fertilized that same day. If the morning after pill is taken after fertilization, my understanding is that it will not prevent implantation and you could remain pregnant. (Or maybe it's that once it's implanted, it won't have any effect? Not sure...sorry)

Anyway, the pull-out method isn't very reliable since pre-cum is released before ejaculation and has the highest concentration of viable sperm....

Hope you get the result you want....

I took the morning after pill and now I have a 6yo son. It was well with in the 24hr they say & man did it make me sick. I do have to say that I am so happy that it didn't work. I can't live without my son!! I would take a test or you can call the doc and ask.

You could either be pregnant or it could be your body reacting to the pill. Like others said, I would say to take a pregnancy test so you know.

my SIL same as u took morning after pill less than 24 hours after sex and she is now due 31st august with a boy xxx

i see this was few days ago.. any updates?? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->