Morning Sickness- Feels like something is stuck in my throat.

Blzgak

Reaction score
I have been "blessed" with horrible morning sickness 2/3 of my pregnancies. One of the odd symptoms is this weird sensation that I have something stuck in my throat. It almost feels like food, or mucus, but when I get sick it's mostly just bile.

Does anyone else have this happen?

Feel free to chime in if you have any other weird symptoms! I feel like the only way to get through this is to chat with people who understand.

That sounds more like heartburn to me, which is another lovely symptom that we get. :) have you tried tums?

No yet, but I need to get some. It's just weird because never before have I had heartburn feel like this. I can't wait for it all to pass so I can start enjoying this pregnancy.

It's more acid reflux then heartburn if I am correct :). I could be wrong though :). But try Tums anyway.

I had this so bad in my first pregnancy by 20 weeks I could barely swallow, and was also mixed with heartburn. I lived off Gaviscon Advanced for most my pregnancy. I'm surprised DD wasn't born smelling of Aniseed :haha:

I had bad heartburn and morning sickness with my son. I think the heartburn triggered it. Every time I would try to take Tums, I would end up throwing them back up. The only thing that helped me was Zofran prescribed by my doctor. Hope you feel better soon! Morning sickness is dreadful...

when i had morning sickness, it was mild and on and off (it was only mild if i ate something though. otherwise... BLEEEGH) anyway, it was that way til i hit around 9 or 10 weeks and then it got HORRIBLE and nothing would help like it used to. i developed a gagging sensation that just felt like i was being gagged by something even though i ate nothing at all around the time. there was nothing in my throat and it would happen at the same times my morning sickness would hit which was mostly evenings and nighttime. the gagging sensation lasted for at least an hour and would not go away until i slept.. it went away completely with my morning sickness at 12 and a half weeks thank God for that (i still get nauseaous every now and then though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->