Morning sickness that wakes me from sleep!

Disneygrl

Reaction score
Hello all!
I have a two year old who, when I was pregnant with her, I had severe morning sickness. I could not eat ANYTHING without getting sick from weeks 5-15ish. I was put on Zofran which helped but I ended up losing a lot of weight.

Anyway, I am currently 7 weeks pregnant and my morning sickness is even worse than before! It started around 5 weeks. The worst part is this time, it has been waking up from a sleep!! So I will wake up at 3 am and throw up for an hour, go back to sleep and throw up again at 5am, etc. I feared I was getting dehydrated because I was having loose stools too and bad stomach cramps with little urine.

I called my OBGYN and they said they don't give out Zofran due to risks (I understand), but I cannot continue to be like this. They said I need to eat more protein, but the thought of anything other than cheerios and rice cakes makes me ill.

Any help? I am afraid I will end up in the ER for something :(

My sickness only came at night. I started sleeping more propped up, practically sitting, and don't have any problems! Try loading up on those pillows and good luck!

find another doctor who takes your seriously, if you have had zofran in the past , you probably need it again and you may need ivs too, if you cant keep anything down, dont let it escalate, the more drained you become harder to treat.

Ask your dr for Diclegis/ diclectin, that's out in the USA/ Canada and meant to be good for hyperemesis.

I had awful sickness with dd, I'm only 5 weeks now and getting hints of nausea but no vomiting. I've been taking magnesium supplements and oil plus the occasional magnesium salt bath as that is meant to also help. I've had to mentally prepare myself for this pregnancy as with my dd I never felt to low or alone. Please make sure you get the right care and if that means attending ER then so be it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->