Morning sickness & work

ALW32590

Reaction score
Any tips on how to get up and get to work when you are so nauseous ? I'm really having a hard time getting it together in the mornings as I feel like crap!!! And then how to make it through the long work day feeling like this. Thanks in advance !

Find out what helps you feel better and have it straight away. For me, that's something really cold (iced coffee or soda water) and food of some sort. Bring food or drinks with you that help so you have it when you need it. Ginger tea or sweets help some people. And do you have the option to change up your hours at all to make it easier or work from home? I've found I'm much better by afternoon and though I come in at the same time, I don't get much done til afternoon or evening. I work from home several days a week anyway so I just work extra in the evening on those days after my daughter is in bed. I usually feel much better by then.

I also think just knowing it will get better helps. I felt considerably better by 10 weeks last time so I know that's not too far away.

I wish I knew! I feel like maternity leave should start when you get pregnant because man first trimester is rough!

I keep a pack of saltines next to my bed, so before I even get up, I start munching on a few! I still feel horrible in the morning, but at least i'm not throwing up when I have something in my tummy. and I agree, something really cold in the AM helps me as well... either ice water or ginger ale "on the rocks" hahaha. I have a drawer at work that is jam packed with munchies- almonds, crackers, some dark chocolate, cup of noodles, etc. It definitely helps me get through the day!

Thanks for all the replies ! I am going to try these suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->