Morning Sickness

linz85

Reaction score
Has anyone got any idea on what can help with morning sickness? Its hit me really hard the last few days, not vomiting( fear of being sick so will hold it down) but just constant waves of it. Nothing is helping, the thought of food or drinking water makes me worse.
the only thing I could stomach yesterday was toast, but today I can't even stomach that. :-/

I'm supposed to be going on a 3 hour car journey today to see mcbusted and i'm feeling like poo.
Tomorrow I'm going to London for a few days so I need to get on top of this :(

sorry to hear you are feeling so poop!

the only thing that helped me was sipping juice quite often and ginger biscuits...someone else has mentioned one of the travel sickness bands that go on your pressure points?
maybe worth a shot?

h xx

I have all day nausea, I drink small amounts of liquid and eat very very small portions of food at a time. It helps keep food in my system but it does not helpthe nausea. i have already lost 11 pounds since week 6.

I've found that if I'm outside the nausea doesn't get me bad, so I got to be outside all day and night! LOL.
Mornings and evenings are the worst, it makes me unable to get up off the sofa.

Thanks for the reply's girls :)

I'll try the ginger biscuits, they helped with my first but that was nothing like this, so it might help a little xx

Also ice cold lemon water! That has helped me survive these last 2 weeks!

I feel you as mine started 3 days ago too. It's the most awful feeling. Like a permanent hangover. I will try some of these tips too. Hope you feel better soon

Hopefully your morning sickness gets better and not worse over the coming weeks. Mine got significantly worse at about week 9. Ginger biscuits work wonders, as does ginger ale and cold water with lemons. I also found that sometimes sucking on a sour candy can weirdly diminish symptoms.

In my case the morning sickness got bad enough that my doctor prescribed meds (diclectin) to help alleviate the symptoms. Before that though, my pharmacist also recommended ginger gravol. It's essentially pure ginger extracts in a small pill format, and bonus, it didn't cause any drowsiness. Unfortunately, the travel sickness bands didn't work for me... I tried them hoping to avoid medications to help. :(

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->