Most comfortable outfit to labor in

MamaFlick

Reaction score
Ladies who have given birth before - what did you wear during labor, and was it comfortable? What would you change the next time?

My midwife has told me that I can basically wear anything that I want... I plan on wearing my bikini since I want to labor in the water a lot... but I'm not sure what to wear over it when I'm not in the water. I just want to be comfy and I really hate clothes normally (but of course I don't want to labor naked).:blush:

I just wore a massive baggy nighty, had my dressing gown on to start with but that came off. I had a bath in the early stages though and got changed after that since I knew I wasn't going anywhere. I'm over thinking it this time though! I think the maternity gowns are so pretty but way too pricey

Large nighties!!

I got cheapy ones last time and have done the same this time.

A couple of mine got either wet or a bit bloody so just have enough to last you, maybe 3 or 4.

you won't want pyjamas on but remember something loose and light.

You get very sweaty when giving birth! x

I took a baggy nightie with me intending to wear that but I went into hospital in jogging bottoms and a vest top and the bottoms just got whipped off! Planning on actually wearing a nightie this time though lol x x

i wore a nighty that looks like a large t-shirt. it was perfect, nice and loose. didnt get that dirty either.

I always take a really baggy nightie but half way through I have a tendency to strip off. You don't want anything that feels constricting :) x

I just wore a nighty, it went in the bin when I got home.

I wore a black baggy nightie that I wore during my pregnancy as it was comfy and as it was dark I didnt notice if it was dirty! This time I have bought two light nighties, one for labour and one for the ward! :)

I just wore a short sleeved, stretchy nightie, so it was fitted rather than baggy - i'm gonna use it again this time too! :)

i wore the hospital gown and was fine with it. i didn't want to buy anything that i planned on throwing out or ruining

Do most ladies bring their own outfit? I assumed I'd wear a hospital gown- but now I don't really know what is expected of me!

I wore a vest top with hidden support for the boobs and a dressing gown, for afterwards I wore yoga trousers and vest top.....really comfy!

I wore the strapless short dress things for wearing over your bikini.

I got them in primark for £4. I had one left so picked up another two for this time. Because they are elasticated they work before and after bump. Comfy for after too annd easy to pop down for BF if you plan to try that. They also had enough give for skin to skin which I did lots of last time to get dd's body temp up.

Massive nighty for me too

This time I have no clue. I may buy a
Nighty.

I think you could just stay in your bikini outside the water too.

The less clothes the better I'd say

Well I was just boiling hot during labour so I literally stripped off just into my bra with a sheet over me. I did have one of OHs big old tops to wear but it never even came out the bag lol

I'll prob end up doing the same this time xx

Do most ladies bring their own outfit? I assumed I'd wear a hospital gown- but now I don't really know what is expected of me!

you don't need to bring your own outfit. some women feel more comfortable in something of their own but i was totally fine in the hospital gown so i didnt care

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->