Mother!

P

Pudding-x123

So Sorry to come over here 3 days early!!

I wanted to know if anybody has the same mother as me!!

No matter how many times I tell her that I just want my other half at the birth and NO BODY ELSE! INCLUDING HER!!!

She asks near enough everyday if she can be there. I have told her that I just want my other half there so it can be just us as a family. That is what I want and she should respect my wishes!
I printed off a copy of a birth plan and on it, it says "Birthing Partner" I put my other halfs name on it, and my mother is sitting there saying, you can put my name on it, and even if you change your mind while your there, I can still be accepted in!

FOR GOD'S SAKE WOMAN I DON'T WANT YOU THERE!!!!!:hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::gun::grr:

Haha! Awww poor you! Im putting my mums name down cos my OH aint very good with pain or blood or anything, and its not even him going through it!

But tbh i think i would rather be alone if he passes out lol!

Welcome over :hug:

I don't think it would even cross my mums mind to be there and I certainly wouldn't want her to be there either !

I think the best thing to do if she won't take no for an answer if to just not tell her when you go into labour, don't contact her until after you've had the baby !

My oh wants his mum to be there but I really couldn't cope with that, I wouldn't even like the idea of someone outside in the waiting area.

It's amazing how mum's don't listen! My mum was moaning earlier about when to take time off work so that she can be here to help, more so with my son aswell when I am in labour. Told her that my eldest is 13 and doesn't need a babysitter. HIs dad will be here for him once baby is here and when it comes to me getting home with baby we will manage fine! She seems to think my son will be staying with her the whole time I am in hospital (because I have tested + for Strep B I will be in for 48 hours after birth) but my son doesn't want that neither does his dad. They are going to do the boy bonding thing and helping get things sorted from my list I will prepare for them!

No doubt she will phone again tomorrow saying the same thing!

My mother in law is the same as this...everytime I see her lately she keeps saying if you want me there all you have to do is call, I can be there in five mins. And she keeps going on about taking time off work after to help out with the baby...as if her son is completely useless!! Its hard trying to explain I want to be able to bond with new baby and hubby and NO ONE ELSE!
I've tried tell her thank you so much but I just want my hubby there but she doesn't seem to get it, eventually I've told my hubby that he needs to deal with her when it all kicks off lol!
Good luck and I hope your mum gets the idea! hehe. Luckily my hospital only allows husbands/partners in the delivery suites so she wont be able to get in! hehe

Lol...I'm making my mom come! Not sure she really wants too..think she's a bit nervous! But I'd really like her support as well as OH. We're very close though...
It's every womans decision...my sis would've rather died than have her there! And my mom never questioned that. Just tell her again nicely it's your decision and to back off!

lol im the opposite, i want my mum there, she was there at my first and most of my second till they took me for the section shes my rock lol

dude i so totally want my mom there! my husband is in the military, so my mom and i are very close since she was my sole supporter when he was going through training and all that... shes a rock! lol shes really nervous about being in there though which i think is funny... she says she might not be able to be there without crying the whole time with me... shes silly...

but i totally understand you not wanting anyone else there! its a very intimate thing! your mom should understand that... tell her its kind of like sex. its a very intimate and beautiful thing between a husband and wife and the little miracle that youve made together...

My mom is not coming anywhere near the l&d until I'm done giving birth! She would probably be really good in the moment, but since I got pregnant, she's been nagging about everything! It's just me and my husband in there. He's really good at keeping me calm, and is not squeamish whatsoever. He'll probably end up changing more poopy diapers than me as well.

I wish my mom could be there but she watches my other three :( It is your wish and she def should respect that.

Oh dear! Bless the poor woman, I definitely feel for you hun. In my family it is actually my father who thinks that my whole entire family will be waiting anxiously in the hospital waiting room while I deliver - with my husband bursting out through the doors to announce a grandaughter or grandson! He has watched too many hollywood flicks. I made him well sure that I do not want anyone in the waiting room - in fact my hospital does not allow it. Parents just don't get it sometimes lol!

Make sure your hospital knows that only your husband is welcome while you are giving birth!

Lol...I'm making my mom come! Not sure she really wants too..think she's a bit nervous! But I'd really like her support as well as OH. We're very close though...
It's every womans decision...my sis would've rather died than have her there! And my mom never questioned that. Just tell her again nicely it's your decision and to back off!

My mum is coming too - my boyfriend doesn't want to miss the experience but he is terrible in hospitals, blood etc... so my mum is there to support him more than she will be there to support me!!! he he ...

snap snap snap!!! my mum is convinced she's gonna be on the other side of the door when i'm in labour (got visions of her with a glass to the door!) but i have told her under no terms is she to come anywhere near the hospital till she's told!! had the plan of not telling her when i go into labour but if its a long one we'll have to tell her as i'll need her to come check on the dogs and let them out etc! she's adamant she's gonna be the first one to see the baby as she doesnt want oh's mum to be there first (which is quite likely as she's my consultants secretary!!) god theres gonna be an all out war on maternity ward the day i give birth!! lol .

just get tough girlies n 'just say NO!' :hugs:

sara

xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"