Mothercare babyplan - AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

busybee2

Reaction score
Just a friendly warning to other mums...we have had an absolute nightmare with the Mothercare babyPlan and would really advise against it....

On paper it looked perfect - create a list of items you wan, pay a 10% deposit and then pay the rest off as you are ready or ask friends and family to pay bits off using your unique number. Items delivered at a date of your choice

If only it worked like that!

We set up our list which included a pram
- we couldn't add the matching car seat because that 'wasn't on the plan'

We gave our list number to friends and family
- they couldn't contribute to pay things off as you can't pay by phone or online and the stores were too far away

We booked our delivery slot for a Saturday 3 months away
- 2 days before the delivery date we were sent a very abrupt letter witha big red stamp on it saying 'We don't deliver on Saturdays, call us to rearrange'
- we phoned customer services and were told there is 'nothing we can do' and that we'll have to stay in Monday to Friday to get the collection

Despite having made plans to stay in on the saturday Mothercare said there was no way it would arrive and they 'hoped' it would be with us 'some time the following week'

The name 'Mothercare# started to feel slightly ironic by now as I didn't feel like a very cared for mother!!

Customer services then suggested we got the neighbours to sign for it if we were working Monday - Friday.....I felt taking delivery of £700 of product (including a botbed, pram, mattress etc) was a bit much to ask!

The local store then said they'd try to get our items delivered to them so we could collect from them....I pointed out that at 8 months pregnant, it might be difficult for me to lift the above items into my car.....they said it was the best they could do

I was promised a phone call to tell me what would happen - none received

On the Monday following the supposed delivery, I came home from work to find our £700 products stacked by the side of our house......no calling card, no security or anything

As my husband was away, i then had to lift the cotbed, pram etc into the house myself

I rang mothercare to say i wasn't too impressed and their attitude was at least i had my products so what was the problem

I was so disappointed as I had been really looking forward to receiving everything for the nursery but all in all a complete disappointment, I would definitely save the trouble and buy elsewhere

Thats shocking! I would copy and paste that into a complaint letter!

OMG!
That is disgracefull, I am glad I didn't take up a plan with them, definatley take it up with their head office or higher, that really is awful!

That is really bad, no Mothercare at all! Definately complain xx

you def need to complain thts shocking! in fact how can they even prove delivery!! x

Arseholes.

Same happened with us and John Lewis, ordered our pram it never turned up, they denied they ever received payment - disgusting.

i'm not suprised you are angry that is disgraceful. We had looked at getting one but it seemed everything we liked wasn't on the plan and have in actual fact now bought most things second hand. I really don't mind but i was looking forward to recieving one box and having the excitement of opening it. To have all that excitement taken away from you is terrible. When we had our first we bought a cot top changer - the best buy ever - and cos we were quite new to being a family and having a home i'd taken weeks to save for it. It was from mothercare and they just left it leaning against the door of our flat (unfortunatly then we lived around some rather unsavory characters who'd steal anything for a few quid ) and i got home to one of the neighbours eyeing it up! I was not happy and that was 25 quid let alone 700, not that i'm implying your neighbours are like that i seem to be the unluckiest person when it comes to neighbours. Write them a letter of complaint and send it recorded delivery cos companies have fantastic ways of ignoring emails and not recieving letters of complaint x

yes complain, def send in a letter - they have to reply by law. Good luck xx

thought about it but dont live near enough glad i didnt now though!!

shame that you compained about them being delivered, we have had that where expensive items have been left at the side of the house. So Hubby as phoned up and complained to them that the item has never arrived. They say they have delivered Oh asks them to prove it and they can't - we ended up with either a refund or another item.
Their problem if they can't deliver things properly.
Only talking a approx £150 items.

Thats awful!

I would definately complain!

I would have said theyd not arrived too...serves them right!

We've got a baby plan but ended up taking just about everything back off it as we found a lot nicer things cheaper elsewhere.

That is terrible. I would definately complain to them.

We are getting most things from a local independent shop and they have been fabulous so far. They can keep it there until we want it and then we can either arrange to collect it or they will deliver it free. You can set up an account to pay for things weekly or monthly too if you want so spread out the cost. I'd really recommend them to anyone that lives in the Poole or Bournemouth area.

Pretend that when you have checked everything there are some items missing!

It's naughty but at least you'll get some money back for your troubles rather than just a letter of apology!

So glad you posted this i was about to start my plan tomorrow, def not doing it now!! xx

Can I say from the other side that I did it with no problems at all

We had the pram, car seat and moses basket stand on it and it came on the right date at bout 10.00

That's outrageous! Definitely complain! I can't believe you had to lugg all that indoors yourself. Takes all the excitement out of it!

Thats so wrong, definately complain x

i am having this problem with the baby plan i cant add all of my nursery stuff on they only have certain items i couldnt get the matching car seat on until it came on the website it has now and i have put it on but i cant get all my bedding and mobile and stuff i am having to buy some of this stuff seperately xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->