Mothers day

Puppylove52

Reaction score
Mothers day is Sunday in the US... How are you coping? I didn't know it would hit me so hard, honestly. I'm finding myself withdrawing from everyone except My Oh this weekend..

I'm feeling the same way. I think I'll be hitting the gym Sunday and maybe I'll do some yoga too. Hubbs will be working so I'm going to do my best to keep busy. I have a feeling it's going to be a tough day but we will get through it. :hugs:

Lol, I'll be better once it's over.

I'm having a mother's day brunch with my family tomorrow. I'm the only one with no children. Already tensing up. Glad you brought it up. I should just let myself cry tonight so I'm not a loose cannon tomorrow. Hang in there :)

Mother's Day seemed to sneak up on me and crush me this year. We live very close to my parents but about an hour away from OH's mom. He's going to drive down to have brunch with her - as he should - but my parents are the project-aholic type. They're always busy and if they're not they're looking for something to do. I'll probably go spend time with my mom tomorrow but I can either help her do house projects/work or talk to her while she does them. She has little interest in going to brunch or antique-ing or anything. I'm very grateful I have my mom but I wish she'd want to do something, even just hang out and watch a movie together at her house.

All the mother's day stuff going on around me just gets to me and I want to just curl up and hide until it's over. We went to a friend's engagement party today and there was a lady with a toddler. At one point we were the only two on the patio so I made polite conversation and asked how old her daughter was. She said she just turned 1 in February, so quick math in my head determined that she was 2 months younger than my baby would be if I hadn't had my first miscarriage. Her daughter toddling away and as she followed her she said over her shoulder, "Nice to meet you! This is my life now, following a 1 year old around. I envy people like you!" Oh that last comment. :cry: I would kill to have my life be following a toddler around. Obviously she doesn't know me, but I wanted to say, "My baby died so that's why I'm not following a toddler around. Do you really envy me?"

I am letting myself cry tonight.. Tomorrow I have to put on a brave face and have luncheons.. I too would rather just curl up and hide until it's over. Not to mention we have a baby shower at work next week for a coworker. Ugh ugh.. We will all get through it.. One day at a time. Even if we have to fake it til we make it!

:hugs:

OH works this evening so I'm home alone, and am treating myself to an ice cream bar and some crafting time. :flower:

I know how you feel - I hate having to grin and bear it at events! There are FOUR people at my work who had or are having a baby during this school year (I teach). So much time this year has been spent buying baby gifts, signing cards, and faking happy for everyone. I mean, I am genuinely happy for them, but I really don't want to talk about it all the time. Only two friends know about my miscarriages, so most people have no idea that it's this hard on me.

Maybe, just maybe... I'll finally get a chance to be a mother soon. :cloud9: So relieved to know I'm not the only one having a hard weekend. I hope tomorrow isn't too painful for you. :hugs:

PnkPolkadots, I'm glad you're doing something nice for yourself tonight. I haven't had baby showers to go to and I just imagined how hard picking out baby stuff would be and I cried a little. You must be tough to do that over and over. Here's to hoping the next 24 hours pass quickly and everyone has a more peaceful night tomorrow night xo

Thank you Annie. :hugs:

If possible for coworkers having a baby, I prefer to just "chip in" and give cash to someone else who goes and buys a group gift from everyone. It's much easier that way.

A tip for anyone who has to buy a baby gift for showers, etc... buy a children's book! It's a great gift and I've found it much less emotional to go into the children's book section rather than the baby clothes section. Especially if it's a store like Target or Fred Meyers where it's just a shelf lumped in with general books. The B&N children's section would be tougher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->