Moved from TTC to NTNP. :)

ReynoldsV

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I am new to Not Trying, Not Preventing. I will tell you my story. :flower:

So I got married in March and my husband and I decided we would go ahead and quit using contraceptives. So I was ecstatic! I love babies, so naturally I was off the wall excited to get pregnant. So, silly ol' me thought it was going to be a breeze to get pregnant. Why not? My entire family got pregnant the first month they started trying. Well...3 months went by. 3 loooooong months. I found BabyandBump and found new hope. I posted my "symptoms" ordered the vitamin Geritol, tracked my CM, annoyed the heck out of my husband, and spent bags full of money on pregnancy tests. :dohh: Now here I am, 6 months later looking at the future in new light.

My last period was August 24th. Since then, I have seen no sign of AF. It is now October 15th and she came about 2 weeks ago for two days, but only spotting. Nothing more. I was so excited. I swore up and down it was implantation bleeding. Well, since then, I have taken about 10 pregnancy tests. The good ones, so there goes $$ I threw away. I have one more test in my underwear drawer that is calling my name, but my new hope and outlook on life has me straying away from it and pushing it aside when I go get some socks. :haha:

Last week I had an epiphany. I have recently been seeing EVERYONE and their sister have a baby or get pregnant. I was full of jealousy, until I realized what those girls are going through. I have been very observant to these new mothers and realized about 75% of them are regretting having a child. I see it in their face. Now, I am not saying that my new outlook is on not wanting a child, my golly I still want one! BAD! But...I also want to enjoy my time alone with my husband, and being able to do things without knowing I have to make sure things are okay for my child. Now, this isn't to say that I wouldn't be overjoyed if I got pregnant today! I would be over the moon :winkwink: however, waiting isn't bad either. It's actually really nice. My husband and I have been remodeling our house, and I have been enjoying my job and going out with friends.

It has been a long, slow 6 months, but at this point I am happy to say that not trying, not preventing is going to bring me some new found joy. I will be able to enjoy these upcoming days, maybe months :) I don't mind. Here goes to enjoy my journey with my husband!! :yipee:

Hi Reynolds,

Just read your post and wishing you luck. I'm with you on the fact that it might take a while but I truly believe it's all relative. Sometimes things are beyond our control for a reason. It will happen, when it's supposed to!! Definately enjoy your husband and the time you are spending together in the meantime. Now your taking a more relaxed approach it might happen real quickly for you!! Keep up the positive attitude :thumbup:

Hi Reynolds,

Just read your post and wishing you luck. I'm with you on the fact that it might take a while but I truly believe it's all relative. Sometimes things are beyond our control for a reason. It will happen, when it's supposed to!! Definately enjoy your husband and the time you are spending together in the meantime. Now your taking a more relaxed approach it might happen real quickly for you!! Keep up the positive attitude :thumbup:

Thank you Mixem. I want to think that it will happen quicker because I am not too worried about it, but then again, that would be just the same as thinking about it. So I wont be too distraught when it doesn't happen right away, unless it does. I am just worried cause AF is about a month late now. I don't really feel any different, but I need to jump start my metabolism. I think I may have an issue with my thyroid. :wacko:

Are your cycles usually regular? Have you taken a pregnancy test? If you think it is your thyroid you should get it checked out. Personally I think that you can never not think about it whether TTC or NTNP. It's just that the second is more of a what happens, happens approach. Hope you get some answers soon.

Are your cycles usually regular? Have you taken a pregnancy test? If you think it is your thyroid you should get it checked out. Personally I think that you can never not think about it whether TTC or NTNP. It's just that the second is more of a what happens, happens approach. Hope you get some answers soon.

Yes, I have always been really regular. Except for about 3 months ago up until now. Irregularity really bad. My last pregnancy test was yesterday. It was negative of course. The hospital is so expensive. I think I will go get checked, last night I had a horrible stomach cramping. I almost cried and it made me want to throw up. I had to breathe as if I was in labor. It was so strange. :( and PAINFUL. I don't know what it was.

I got pregnant with my DS 5 months after I married DH. I LOVE my son, but if I had to do it over again I would have waited and had more time alone with DH. I think you have the right idea!

I got pregnant with my DS 5 months after I married DH. I LOVE my son, but if I had to do it over again I would have waited and had more time alone with DH. I think you have the right idea!

Yeah, that is where I am right now. There are still things we want to get done. My husband is in Las Vegas on a business trip and he wants to take me there next year or so, and I wouldn't be able to enjoy my time if I was pregnant. That isn't to say I wouldn't be happy if I was. I really wouldn't mind. I guess fate will tell when my time is right :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->