Movement already?

christina3735

Mother of 1
Reaction score
I'm a little over 6 weeks pregnant with my second baby ( my first is 15 months old) and I swear I can feel movement already. Nothing outragious but I feel a bubble here and there throughout the day. Is this normal with 2nd pregnancies?

6-week old embryos actually can't move yet. What you're probably feeling is your ligaments stretching/rearranging in anticipation of the growing to come! :)

I agree with the pp. They can't move yet. It's only 7/8 weeks where they start stirring, very very tiny slight movements then that can't be felt yet. 9 weeks they can hiccup and move their arms/legs, but again too little and light to be felt yet. 10 weeks then move their heads. And so on. Just things stretching and getting ready.

I remember the first movement of my sin and it feels the same, just tiny bubble feeling. I'm not saying it's moving all around, just a bubble here and there. It doesn't hurt nor feel like the stretching of ligaments.

Yes its definitely not baby moving yet. It may feel the same, but baby hasnt developed enough yet to be capable of movements. And even when they are you cant feel them. Its just your body preparing for baby again. You may be able to feel the same feelings because your body doesnt do the strong painful stretching since its not your first. But i hate to burst your bubble by saying its def not baby moving. Even a doc would say the same thing as baby just isnt there yet developmentally.

I think at that stage they are just not strong enough to activate the nerves that would allow you to feel anything and like pps have said embryos at that stage can't move like they can a few weeks later. You will probably feel it earlier though being your second. I've got my first scan tomorrow but I'm almost certain I've been feeling bubbles and slight movement for a few days.

Have to agree with other ladies I'm afraid. A 6 week old baby just isn't developed enough to move yet. I've read they start to move around 7-8 weeks and even then it's only very small movements. You most probably will feel it earlier on your second but not quite that early.

Even at almost 7 weeks you just wont feel them yet im afraid....here is a site to help you better understand it. It says if you have had a baby before the earliest you may feel baby is around 15 weeks. Baby by 7-8 weeks is only doing slight bending etc which are itty bitty tiny movements you cant feel because think of how tiny baby is. I think around the size of a blueberry i believe at that time. Not very big at all so no way you could feel anything.

https://www.babycenter.ca/a549375/your-babys-movements-in-pregnancy

Still very very unlikely. Baby is the size of a pea with buds where the arms and legs will grow in the next week or two. It jumps in tiny movements but doesn't stretch or flex or kick. I've had it where I've not been pregnant and could have sworn I'd felt baby movements! It definitely won't be long though ☺.

Even at almost 7 weeks you just wont feel them yet im afraid....here is a site to help you better understand it. It says if you have had a baby before the earliest you may feel baby is around 15 weeks. Baby by 7-8 weeks is only doing slight bending etc which are itty bitty tiny movements you cant feel because think of how tiny baby is. I think around the size of a blueberry i believe at that time. Not very big at all so no way you could feel anything.

https://www.babycenter.ca/a549375/your-babys-movements-in-pregnancy

I don't necessarily agree with 15 weeks as earliest, especially for a second. The rest though for sure.

I have heard that it's not uncommon to feel baby's movement earlier with the second pregnancy. But, like the PPs mentioned, 6/7 weeks really would be way too early to feel anything yet.
Gas really does feel so similar to movements (as much as I'm sure you hate to hear that)...and your muscles are likely relaxing and moving around a bit.
I would imagine actual movements would occur closer to second tri.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->