Moving on from anti reflux formula at 6 months

NatUK1

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am just looking for some advice on moving from the anti reflux formula to stage 3 milk. My son has been on the ar milk since he was a month old and he will be 6 months next week - where does the time go?!?! - when I last spoke to our paediatrician he suggested trying stage 3 formula at 6 months but I recently tried Sam with a bottle of stage 1 milk and it was a disaster! Even with a number 1 teat he was gagging on the milk as it is so much thinner than the ar stuff, is this something he will eventually get used to? At 6 months the suggested teats are the size 3s but this would be way too fast if he couldn't even control it through a number 1!

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks :thumbup:

Curious to hear any answers. My boy is 6mths so I asked health visitor about moving from anti reflux milk to a stronger one but she said not too for now until weaning was well established. I have tried water in a sippy cup to get my wee man used to the faster delivery and after a few weeks its getting slightly better.

I want to ask the HV for advice but baby clinic is always so busy its really hard to get in and they never answer the phone! I've given my little dude some water in one of the tommee tippee 4 month old cups - he loves it, I can't get it off him! He seems to be able to handle the flow of it though, so I don't understand why he struggles with the bottle.

Curious to hear any answers. My boy is 6mths so I asked health visitor about moving from anti reflux milk to a stronger one but she said not too for now until weaning was well established. I have tried water in a sippy cup to get my wee man used to the faster delivery and after a few weeks its getting slightly better.

I think I'm going to give the cow and gate helpline a call on Monday so will let you know if they have any advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->