Moving on in the journey from ttc

Hey girls...Sorry it has taken me so long to respond but I am finally feeling like myself again!! Sean & I arr truly in love with BROOKLYN...

Delivery was really rough for me. I tried my best to do it natural but the pain got unbearable and I had to get the epidural. I was so disappointed in myself but the pain was too much. Funny thing is, I think that was the best decision I made lol. After ther broke my water, I completely dilated really fast. I pushed for 3 HOURS. I repeat 3 HOURS!!! They eventually had to use the vacuum because Brooklyn's head would not come out...I have a second degree tear and soooooooo sore UGH...but brooklyn was worth it all....

Fast forward to last night, Brooklyn woke up a lot. She had been so fussy and would not settle for more than an hour throughout the entire day. Breast feeding went in the hospital and I was getting more and more confident. WELLLLLL, last night she had a horrible cry and was literally screaming. Which was so strange because I had been breastfeeding her. So I attemp to breastfeed her again and she would not stop screaming. So I wanted to see if any thing was coming out; THERE WAS NOTHING, BONE DRY!!! :( We realized that she didn't eat at all yesterday. I felt like such a horrible mother! How didn't I catch that earlier??? So we had to give her formula and she's been great ever since...

It's been an experience so far!
How are you ladies??

Has your milk come in before then?

I dilated really fast after they broke my waters too, no time for pain relief :wacko: and then pushed for 2.5hours so feel your pain! They make it all worth it though :)

I'm doing good thanks, struggling with Tristan at the moment, he's become very cheeky and deviant. He's also started wetting the bed again. I'm guessing it's because I'm pregnant but not sure how to deal with it :( Hes so excited about being a big brother but I'm thinking deep down it is affecting him.

Mariah mum :) I'm so delighted for you any chance of a pic ?? Give me the drugs that's what I say !! Lol.... There is no pain like it !! But it becomes a very distant memory once they are here :) did your milk come in yet ? Poor LO isn't it awful they can't tell you what's wrong ??

Ouch for the tear !! Xxx

Hi ladies, so busy I'm sorry I can't keep up lately. Wanted to at least pop in and say hello. And congrats to MM on little B making her arrival. <3

Hey girls...I finally have a free moment to catch up. Thanks so much for all the kind words and encouragement. It has definitely been an adjustment for us but a welcomed adjustment. Brooklyn is a very calm baby and she barely cries. I'm noticing that she is a night lol, so I'm sleeping more throughout the day...it looks as if I may not produce a sufficient amount of milk so brooklyn is on formula. Not ideal but not horrible...

Sean went back to work yesterday so it's me and brooklyn until he comes home. Surprisingly it hasn't been bad. He gets right on baby duty when he comes home :) . Brooklyn & I sleep in the spare bedroom overnight so Sean isn't falling asleep at work. At first I thought this would never work but it's working great. Plus, when I'm back at work we both will be sleeping with Brooklyn overnight, so he needs to enjoy the break while he can haha...

So I'm trying to upload a pic but it's not working. I will try again once I get home!

Mariah mum its so nice to hear from you :) sounds like your doing a wonderful job at being
Brooklyns mum :) can you believe she is here safe ans sound just like we said she would be :) enjoy her , every second of her . They grow and change so quickly . Blink and you miss it . Enjoy those smells and cuddles , the cute baby grunts and scrunched noses . Hold her for as long as you can and as often as you want and don't worry about spoiling her . Its impossible ;)

Sounds like things are going fairly well for you. :) I think most babies start out as night owls but that does start to correct itself. I had a hard time with milk production too. This time it lasted a bit longer than the first time but it does make me thankful that we have access to formula. I also simply hated BF'ing to be honest but that was more because it make my PPD hormones go all wonky.

Speaking of which, been doing really great lately. :thumbup: Looks like I lucked out and found the right anti-depressent match for me straight off the bat. I'm not totally celebrating as I'm now in the TWW which is when my hormones are the strongest and my PPD the worst. I'm hoping the medication holds out. But I'm on the lowest dosage so if things are still tough then I can at least go for the same drug just stronger. No crazy side effects so far.

Hey girls...Sorry it has taken me so long to respond but I am finally feeling like myself again!! Sean & I arr truly in love with BROOKLYN...

Delivery was really rough for me. I tried my best to do it natural but the pain got unbearable and I had to get the epidural. I was so disappointed in myself but the pain was too much. Funny thing is, I think that was the best decision I made lol. After ther broke my water, I completely dilated really fast. I pushed for 3 HOURS. I repeat 3 HOURS!!! They eventually had to use the vacuum because Brooklyn's head would not come out...I have a second degree tear and soooooooo sore UGH...but brooklyn was worth it all....

Fast forward to last night, Brooklyn woke up a lot. She had been so fussy and would not settle for more than an hour throughout the entire day. Breast feeding went in the hospital and I was getting more and more confident. WELLLLLL, last night she had a horrible cry and was literally screaming. Which was so strange because I had been breastfeeding her. So I attemp to breastfeed her again and she would not stop screaming. So I wanted to see if any thing was coming out; THERE WAS NOTHING, BONE DRY!!! :( We realized that she didn't eat at all yesterday. I felt like such a horrible mother! How didn't I catch that earlier??? So we had to give her formula and she's been great ever since...

It's been an experience so far!
How are you ladies??

Hey lady!! I popped back in here hoping to see good news and I did!! Try not to feel bad about feeding lo. It is an adjustment for both her and you! As for me, I have been feeling alright. I got a late start on feeding DD solids and I wish I hadn't been so nervous and FTM'ish about it. Oh well. I had her eat some Organic Maple andBrown Sugar oatmeal from Earth's Best. She seemed to like that. I have also given her bits of french toast and waffles that she took an interest in from always watching me eat them, but only little bites. Anyway, it's been an interesting time trying to test out cow's milk in her stomach and trying to get her to have a more well balanced diet.

Starry: I am glad you found something that works for you. I know it can be hard finding the right balance in life!!

eyemom: A few weeks until the finish line! Wow!! No worries about being busy as I have been busy as well. Time flies when you have stuff to do but not as much time to do it in. Heh.

Tristan: Sorry to hear about the struggles with your boy. Hopefully it all sorts out. I think pregnancy is a family thing as it affects everyone!!

AFM: I am in my 16th week and so far things appear good. I had an appointment about 3 weeks ago and everything was good at the NT scan. I go back in this Friday to do some follow up blood work I think. I was supposed to go last week but forgot. OOPS!! It was for the best really because it rained heavily for two days straight and the weather was TERRIBLE last Friday morning. No way would I have wanted to drag Sky out in that mess, having to drive way across town and then some. I am really eager to find out the sex of this baby. I have a few more weeks to go. I am a little less nervous than last time, but stilll get a bit antsy before appointments. I had a lot of reassurance through ultrasounds last time. This time I have to wait a long time between appointments so I pullout my doppler every few days. That is about it, so far as pregnancy is concerned. Just eager to get on with fall!! I am actually trying to put together a Halloween costume. I normally don't do anything but I am making an attempt this time. Lol.

Hey girls. I seem to be horrible at responding these days lol. So here we go.

Left- I am definitely going to cherish these moments. I am enjoying parenthood a lot. I'm just so happy that she's final here.

Starry- hey!! Yes things are going pretty well overall. At first I was dead set on BF'ing but I'm starting to see the pros in bottle feeding...also, I'm glad that you are feeling better lately. I know it was a little rough for you at first but it's great to hear that things are looking up for u!

Mama- Yes it definitely sounds like an adjustment. I just have to keep reminding myself that. But like you said, being a FTM makes you such a worry wort. Sounds like you eventually got the hang of things. I know one day I will too....On another note, I'm so glad your pregnancy is going well. That's amazing!

AFM- Brooklyn has been throwing up once a day since Friday. I know that's not a big deal but it's been very "mucousy" and that worries me. You can even hear the mucous when she breathes. Ugh idk if it's a cold or allegies. The only positive is that after she spits up, she goes right to sleep for like 4hrs. I'm thinking the formula is really doing a number on her stomach...we have a doctors appt in a couple of hours so I will update after that...

Mama tex you sound so happy :) when do you find out the gender ?

I am going to find out October 17th!! I would love for my DH to be there but he told me, "A text or a call when you find out is fine." BOOO. Lol. He wasn't at the anatomy scan last time because he has to work and it is the same issue this time, but I am thinking of possibly doing an elective around 19 weeks so he can be there, but I am cheap so we shall see/

:winkwink:

Awww bless. Could it be reflux? I hope she's ok.

Well apparently her pediatrician said that its normal for formula feed babies to spit up once or twice a day. Coincidentally she did not spit up yesterday and now my milk has come in and she's now nursing...couldn't be happier!!!

How are u BB? How is the little one? I can't believe how far along you are. How are you feeling?

Eyemom how is the pregnancy?

Awww bless. Could it be reflux? I hope she's ok.

Well apparently her pediatrician said that its normal for formula feed babies to spit up once or twice a day. Coincidentally she did not spit up yesterday and now my milk has come in and she's now nursing...couldn't be happier!!!

How are u BB? How is the little one? I can't believe how far along you are. How are you feeling?

Eyemom how is the pregnancy?

That is amazing, what fantastic news! How's nursing going?

We are doing good thanks, Tristan is really playing up at the moment, hoping it's just a phase. Had a scare with baby last week and had to be monitored due to reduced movements but everything was ok and he's much more active this week :)

I'm feeling ok, still scared but I don't think that will ever go away. I'm still throwing up once or twice a week but generally feeling ok apart from SPD starting.

I got told I looked fat and like a Moomin today :( That's kind of upset me a bit!

https://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh70/kjordanj/Snapbucket/3BFC08E6-C6B2-49B8-8DA2-1F53BB5AB0EA_zpsps7ggsfn.jpg

Hi! Sorry this'll be short...mobile.

I can't believe I'm next. Doing ok. I have my next appt and another scan in two weeks. Uncomfortable but still so happy to be pregnant that I can't really complain.

BB I can't imagine who would say that. You look great.

Yay MM so pleased to hear you're doing well.

Brunette you look great! very neat bump and you don't look like you've put weight on anywhere but your bump. Glad all is ok.

Mariahs Mom - Yay for nursing! I'm still breastfeeding but she has 1 bottle of formula before bed. Glad all is going well :)

Eyemom - Not long now! Bet you can't wait!!

Sorry If I've forgotten anyone. Life is madddd at the moment. Were all ill with colds too.

Hey girls, how is everyone?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member