moving to USA

At the medical, they do a blood test for syphilis and HIV. It is just routine at the medical for everybody over 14. The chickenpox jab isnt available in the UK so you wont need to get that. They do a chest X-ray too. The medical is quick and painless but expensive!

They didn't do HIV, just syphilis or at least that's all we were charged for. I wish they wouldn't require the chickenpox. It really is sad that don't require it for people coming from other countries, but DO for those already in the country (or maybe the clinic just scammed him to get the extra $100 per vaccine that really wasn't required). They didn't do a chest x-ray either, but did do the skin test for TB (twice on hubby because the nurse put it in a blood vessel).

At the medical, they do a blood test for syphilis and HIV. It is just routine at the medical for everybody over 14. The chickenpox jab isnt available in the UK so you wont need to get that. They do a chest X-ray too. The medical is quick and painless but expensive!

They didn't do HIV, just syphilis or at least that's all we were charged for. I wish they wouldn't require the chickenpox. It really is sad that don't require it for people coming from other countries, but DO for those already in the country (or maybe the clinic just scammed him to get the extra $100 per vaccine that really wasn't required). They didn't do a chest x-ray either, but did do the skin test for TB (twice on hubby because the nurse put it in a blood vessel).

It may have changed since your husband did it. I only had mine last week so that is definitely the most up to date information. Did your husband come on a K-1? If he did, that is most likely why. They are not required to have up to date vaccinations before leaving the UK. They are required before adjustment of status and since those vaccines are available in the US, you have to get them. They are done by a civil surgeon over there and their prices are any number they feel like coming up with. The chest X-ray was for TB so that is likely a new way of doing it.

It may have changed since your husband did it. I only had mine last week so that is definitely the most up to date information. Did your husband come on a K-1? If he did, that is most likely why. They are not required to have up to date vaccinations before leaving the UK. They are required before adjustment of status and since those vaccines are available in the US, you have to get them. They are done by a civil surgeon over there and their prices are any number they feel like coming up with. The chest X-ray was for TB so that is likely a new way of doing it.
He just had it in February, so doubt it's changed since. He came on a H1B, but filed for change of status after the wedding to get a GC. They've always done the skin test here for TB. Do you not have that in the UK? I've had to get it a few times (and did get a chest x-ray once, but only because I refused to let them use the syringe test).

We do have that yeah, i had it done at school when i was about 11 before getting the TB vaccination.

Was his medical not done in the UK? If it was done in the US it will definitely be different.

We do have that yeah, i had it done at school when i was about 11 before getting the TB vaccination.

Was his medical not done in the UK? If it was done in the US it will definitely be different.

I think he had one done in India before he first came here, but had to get one in the US for change of status to GC. He was working here on an H1B visa when I met him.

Ahh thats why. The things i said are London specific so they will be different all around the world.
The OP will go through the London Embassy if she decides to go for it so hers will be the same as mine.

I did a K1 visa and have a detailed description of my visa journey here
https://pepsichic.co.uk/?page_id=149

I havent updated it recently, but in Sept 2011 I applied for removal of conditions on my GC and in Nov 2011 I recieved my 10 year green card. In October this year (2012) I can apply for Citizenship.

I forgot to including in that that the attorny I hired Ravi, ended up being a fraud and took our money and ran. So we did the visa application ny ourselves.

So word of warning, be careful if you DO choose to use an attorny.

I havent updated it recently, but in Sept 2011 I applied for removal of conditions on my GC and in Nov 2011 I recieved my 10 year green card. In October this year (2012) I can apply for Citizenship.

I forgot to including in that that the attorny I hired Ravi, ended up being a fraud and took our money and ran. So we did the visa application ny ourselves.

We used the wife of a guy I know, so I was pretty sure she was legit. We ended up having to switch to her partner for our interview though, but I did kind of expect it as she was pregnant with twins and due in a few months. She ended up being put on bedrest, so couldn't attend with us. He was great though also. (And it was a fixed fee, so no hourly charges or anything.)

thanx pepsichic! that was helpful!

So thats where i know your user name from! I recognised your user name but i couldnt think where i had seen it. On BnB and BE! :)

So thats where i know your user name from! I recognised your user name but i couldnt think where i had seen it. On BnB and BE! :)

hehehe yeah that would be me! I actually wrote the K1 visa guide for BE way back when I completed it my visa.

Ohh nice :) I'll have a read sometime! I kept thinking on both forums i know that name but it was only now that i put it together :haha: I tend to go on visajourney more than BE to be honest. There are less know it all's who dont really know at all. But BE has more DCF people so i go on there to keep up with how things are going on that side of things.

Ohh nice :) I'll have a read sometime! I kept thinking on both forums i know that name but it was only now that i put it together :haha: I tend to go on visajourney more than BE to be honest. There are less know it all's who dont really know at all. But BE has more DCF people so i go on there to keep up with how things are going on that side of things.

I liked BE more because I like straight anwsers and dont mind being told what a search button is :haha:

Once I figured out that they like you to be self-sufficient and use the search feature (because most questions are so repetative) it made things a lot easier, also it helped just get a feel for doing things myself which is how i ended up doing the visa!

if you find my name on BE look at the threads I made I have one where I documented the entire K1 process which is what they put into wiki for me.

I'll probably be going back there for the naturalization info end of this year! Cannot WAIT to be done with immigration!

I cant stand the search button comments because the only time i ask a question is if i cant find the answer in search! So it doesnt really help me at all. It just gives me the impression that the people dont know the answer but would rather try to make you feel stupid than simply stay out of it if they dont know the answer. Plus its very rare that i have a question anyway, i usually have an answer because ive read about it elsewhere and done it personally and they still try to tell me im wrong :haha:

I really cant wait for the immigration process to end too! Ive still got to get through ROC before naturalization...

I cant stand the search button comments because the only time i ask a question is if i cant find the answer in search! So it doesnt really help me at all. It just gives me the impression that the people dont know the answer but would rather try to make you feel stupid than simply stay out of it if they dont know the answer. Plus its very rare that i have a question anyway, i usually have an answer because ive read about it elsewhere and done it personally and they still try to tell me im wrong :haha:

I really cant wait for the immigration process to end too! Ive still got to get through ROC before naturalization...

ROC is *really* easy so dont even sweat about it! just get lots of evidence of your married life together, photos are best, and things with both your names on, like bank statements, insurance, rent/mortgage, phone bills etc

thats pretty much all we did, and we were approved within a couple of months, no interview or anything. :thumbup:

Ohh thats really good! Hopefully we can get by without a ROC interview too :)

Thanks for the advice! Basically anything a married couple would have anyway. Any idea if its going to be worth keeping our bills etc with joint names from when we live in the UK? Or do they only want the stuff from when we are in the US? We have 2 years worth of junk saved up for in case they ask at the interview for the visa! We havent had to submit any relationship proof yet.

I had a look at the ROC form the other day because DH wanted to know any further costs and it is literally 3 pages! None of it is anything i had to think about or look up the info for so it wont be any bother :)

Thanks for the advice! Basically anything a married couple would have anyway. Any idea if its going to be worth keeping our bills etc with joint names from when we live in the UK? Or do they only want the stuff from when we are in the US? We have 2 years worth of junk saved up for in case they ask at the interview for the visa! We havent had to submit any relationship proof yet.

I had a look at the ROC form the other day because DH wanted to know any further costs and it is literally 3 pages! None of it is anything i had to think about or look up the info for so it wont be any bother :)

I would keep at least some of it to show a long term relationship. We didn't have much, but did have the death certificate from my daughter when we applied. That was pretty much it at that point.

Thanks. We used a lot of it for my husbands UK visa so we just have stuff from general life together really. Nothing special or that we had to get specially.

For ROC anything showing your "married" life together, nothing before hand unless its really significant (like fi you bought a house together before you were married)

Children play a big role, so any certificates of children showing both your names on it. Dont forget basic things like joint files tax returns, and marriage license. I'll see if I can find my list...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->