moving to USA

Here was my thread:

https://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=705690

some of the replies were very helpful.

and this was my total package I sent in for the ROC:

https://britishexpats.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9639336&postcount=28

•Contents
•Check for the amount of $590.00 (Five hundred and Ninety dollars)
•Form: I-751
•Previous Address attachment for form I-751

Evidence for Marriage based Residence:

• Copy of Marriage License and certificate
• Copy of Child (son) Birth Certificate
• Original 3 Affidavits from friends and neighbors
• Copys of Tax Return Transcripts for 2009 & 2010 filed Married Joint
• Copys of Join bank statements from 2009, 2010 & 2011
• Copy of joint Electric bill
• Copy of joint Savings Account
• Copy of joint Trash collection Bill
• Copy of joint Cell Phone bills for 2010 & 2011
• Copy of joint landline telephone bill
• Copy of joint house appraisal
• Copies of 2 Pre-approvals for a joint Mortgage
• Christmas Card from overseas family
• Baby shower Invitation
• New Baby card

Photo Evidence:
(list of brief discription of photos in order from marriage onwards)

oh and this was my guide for AOS from K1 visa

https://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=637426

Its very very detailed and I was really pleased to get a ton of pms from people saying they followed it and got approved. I cant find the K1 guide I wrote, it may have been removed if it became outdated.

Thanks Pepsichic! Thats a great list. We have most of those things already and a UK marriage certificate and our daughters birth certificate and her consular report of birth abroad should arrive in the next 2ish weeks too. We had to swear on oath that DH was Erins dad since she was born before we got married so she could get her citizenship. So they already believe we are in a relationship since they approved us. We will just carry on having everything in joint names when we get there too and keeping little things. I'll take one bill from each company and one bank statement per year or something and take them with us when we move.

Are you already in the process of naturalization? I cant remember :dohh: It will be so nice not to deal with USCIS again.

Not yet, Im not eligible till Ive been a GC holder for 3 years which will be on October 22nd of this year. So then I can start the ball rolling, though baby Connor is due start of January, so I may have to slow the process a little!

Oh thats soon! I dont suppose there is any rush since you have the 10 year GC so itll just be a matter of when you get chance now.
Ohh good luck with your pregnancy and the birth! :)

Not yet, Im not eligible till Ive been a GC holder for 3 years which will be on October 22nd of this year. So then I can start the ball rolling, though baby Connor is due start of January, so I may have to slow the process a little!

Do they make you renounce your other citizenship? DH was going to become a citizen for sure, then some of my friends told us you have to give up your Indian citizenship to do it and not sure if I really want him to do that. He would then need a visa just to visit his own home country.

Do they make you renounce your other citizenship? DH was going to become a citizen for sure, then some of my friends told us you have to give up your Indian citizenship to do it and not sure if I really want him to do that. He would then need a visa just to visit his own home country.

You would need to find out if India has a duel citizen relationship with America...I dont have to give up my British Citizenship because America allows you to be a duel with Britain...so I will be a British-American and hold both passports. The best people to contact is an Indian or US Embassy and they can tell you.

I have a feeling that India is one of the countries that does not allow dual citizenship. There are only two i can think of from the top of my head and thats India and Germany.

ETA found this https://www.immihelp.com/nri/dual.html he cannot keep any citizens rights in India but he can travel freely with the OCI thing. He will be able to visit family etc without any trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->