Mthfr must read!!!

hopes-up-sd

Me, Hubby, 3 MC's, 3 Cats
Reaction score
Hello,
I posted this in secondary infertility, but want to make sure you ladies see it as well.
I have just had my third miscarriage.
After my second miscarriage I was diagnosed as having MTHFR contributing to secondary infertility. I was put on FABB (Folgard) tablets and baby aspirin and Metformin.
I have since learned that folic acid is NOT particularly helpful if you have MTHFR- you need folate. Specifically you need l-methylfolate, which is a form your body can use because with MTHFR you have problems converting folic acid to a usable form for fetal development.
Additional symptoms associated with this condition are depression and weight problems and cardiovascular problems.
I wish someone had told me this before I lost my son- He was genetically normal but developed a neural tube defect that caused him to die. These neural tube defects are associated with Folate deficiency. From what I've read, taking synthetic regular folic acid may make it harder for your body to absorb the folate it needs. I was starving for spinach, a natural source of folate, throughout my pregnancy- couldn't get enough of the stuff. Unfortunately, because synthetic folic acid absorbs more readily through the intestinal wall, very little of this natural folate I ate reached my baby, the unusable folic acid got there first.
Folate is essential to healthy DNA replication, which is inherent in baby making.
L- methylfolate supplements are affordable and easy to get from a vitamin store online without a prescription, and there is a prescription prenatal vitamin that has it in it. There's also a prescription antidepressant based on the same science, which might be a healthy antidepressant alternative for women who are pregnant. L-methylfolate is a food based vitamin and thus not patentable. I'm concerned that news isn't getting out because there's no big money to be made by the fertility and pharmaceutical industry in publishing this information. Women with this condition- MTHFR, and men with poor sperm morphology need to know about it!
Here is a link that explains the condition: https://www.neevoprenatal.com/
Please read it- It might save your future baby's life!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->