Multiple Elective Sections

Tishybabe

Reaction score
Hi all, it’s been super quiet, and I will take that as a good sign.

I will be having section #4 in May and I was wondering how anyone that has had multiple sections found dealing with recovery and getting your abdomen back to normal? I have split abdominal muscles and would like to deal with it as early as possible.

Thanks in advance!

I've had 5 sections. My youngest is 1 and my muscles are still split.
Recovery took a little longer this time however I rested well.
The surgery went really well.
Congratulations

Following please, I'm about to have my 3rd section in June :)

I've had 5 sections. My youngest is 1 and my muscles are still split.
Recovery took a little longer this time however I rested well.
The surgery went really well.
Congratulations

Thanks for your response. And congratulations! my split abs haven’t ever gone back, but I haven’t ever tried to resolve it. My OB suggested wrapping my rib cage now, and then in the first week of recovery I can begin to wrap my entire abdomen. I’ll be trying it this time around, and possibly do physiotherapist if necessary.

Why was your recovery harder? Did you have complications or is it just life with that many more children?

I did use a wrap post birth for around 10 weeks but really I need to see a physio.
My scar just took a little longer to heal. I think by 8 weeks it was fully healed. I did have a slight overhang above the scar initially so perhaps it wasnt always dry so took longer. The overhang has gone now.
I wasnt in any more pain the last time. Actually less pain because I only took meds for a few days. And my husband had 6 weeks off work so I rested well.
Good luck with your section.
With my last I had all the drapes lowered and the anesthetist lifted my shoulders so I could watch the birth. Was incredible. Then baby placed straight on my chest so we could see the gender.
Sending love and wishing you a beautiful birth and fast recovery

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->