mums 2b - Milton Keynes due march 2001

Shelly6

Reaction score
Hi My name is shelly and I'm due on the 16th March 2021. I'm looking for mums to be in the Milton Keynes area to share this experience with because as lovely and supportive they are, men have no clue what we're going through! x x

im from milton keynes but not due till april 21st so month or so behind you :/

I due the 16th of march but im no where near that area : (

I am not close at all, actually in California, but wanted to say hello. My husband is from Northampton, which I know is close to you.

Hi all,

I haven't quite figured out how to use this site yet and not sure how to send messages to individual walls! How's things going with your pregnancys? Do you feel prepared yet?

We have got everything ready now for the arrival of our little girl although I still have 10 weeks to go... I worry about everything! I have recently started to feel uncomfortable and have pains in my groin area and top of my thighs (not sure if it is to do with the weight of the baby?) Is anyone else experiencing this?

I'm so excited and can't wait to have her here, but at the same time I'm scared! x x

Hi Shelly

I got your visitor message - welcome to Baby and Bump :flower:

I am due four days after you - can't believe I only have another 11 or so weeks to go maybe even less). I am not totally prepared still have quite a lot of stuff that we need to get. So far we have brought

* Pram
* Car Seat
* Isofix Base
* Crib
* Some baby clothing
* Some nappies
* Baby Toilettries
* Baby bath, Top and Tail Bowl and Bath Sponge
* Play mat

I'm hoping to really start ticking things off the list now though so we can get prepared in plenty of time.

Whereabouts in Milton Keynes are you? xxx

I'm in MK too! Not far from Sharon :p I'm also due on the 16th!!! How are things going??

Dee :)

TickledPink we really must arrange to meet up when I start my maternity leave! :)

TickledPink we really must arrange to meet up when I start my maternity leave! :)

Absolutely! Maternity leave for me starts Feb 16th but I know yours starts sooner :thumbup: I'm on hols quite a bit before then too.

Where abouts in MK, Shelly?

Hi Ladies,

Im due 9th April and live in Steeple Claydon so not too far from MK although it scares me to venture there. Crazy drivers on the roads!!! LOL

Hope everyone is well xx

Absolutely! Maternity leave for me starts Feb 16th but I know yours starts sooner :thumbup: I'm on hols quite a bit before then too.

Where abouts in MK, Shelly?

Hi Sharon / Dee,

Hope things are going ok with you both? I finish work on the 18th Feb and would love to meet up with you girls if your up for it? x

Hi Shelly

Things are good thanks, started our ante-natal classes last week which are really interesting. Bump is growing steadily and I'm on my maternity leave now :thumbup: :happydance:

Definitely up for meeting once you and Dee have both finished work :)

I'm up for it! My last day at work is next week - the 15th of Feb! :happydance:

Second ante-natal class tomorrow! :baby:

How did you get on at your first class on Friday Dee? Was the class taken by Sandy?

No, we had a stand-in midwife called Fateema, as our planned midwife (Tina) had been up all night delivering a baby lol. Apparently she's in tomorrow. And where do you go? We have to go to the Robins Sure Start in Heelands. When do you have your classes? Wednesdays?

The class went fine! Six other couples and one woman has the same EDD as me. I felt sorry for her, as her hubby is so worried about every thing that could go wrong and was asking questions about everything the MW said lol. She seems to think that the birthing pool is never used, so fingers crossed I get my water birth! I have to confess, when she started talking about contractions, the signs of labour and what to expect, it was a big reality check and I felt a little faint... :blush: I'm not too good and talking about those things but I think I'll be fine when it comes to the real thing and the adrenaline will get me through it. Oh and no laying on the floor for the hubbies and drawing pics etc... and pain relief is allowed :haha:

Have you started AN classes Shelly??

Hi Ladies,

Im due 9th April and live in Steeple Claydon so not too far from MK although it scares me to venture there. Crazy drivers on the roads!!! LOL

Hope everyone is well xx

Crazy drivers in MK? Nah! With all these roundabouts we have a hard time getting up any speed before having to brake for the next roundabout :haha:

We got to the Sure Start centre in Conniburrow on Tuesday morning - last one next week. As yet she hasn't mentioned anything about a hospital visit - did ask last week but she hasn't given us a date and I really want to know when we can go just in case things happen early.

I was fine in the first class but on Tuesday we covered all the things that can go wrong/veer from the norm. I got a bit emotional and almost started crying over a few things (long story) but I think we have made a decision about a few things and after I'd spoken to Sandy (the lady who takes our class) at the end I felt a bit better.

There are 20 of us on our class - one girl was having pains last week and at the end the MW told her to go straight to the hospital and she wasn't there this week so I wonder if she ended up having her baby early :eek: has been scary seeing some of the March mummies already dropping - think I need to get that hospital bag packed!!!!

Yeah I've had two of my antinatal classes already and have my last one on Thursday which I think covers breastfeeding. The classes have been great and have left me alot to think about! The midwife brought in all the utensils and things used in birth so we didn't have to worry about what they were on the day. The vontouse doesn't look as bad as I expected but after watching one born every minute last week I don't want them to end up using forceps - have either of you been watching that? There is a couple in our group that's 38 weeks pregnant already and driving to Germany to have the baby, they're brave leaving it this late and even the midwife was shocked to hear that they're not starting the journey until 10 days before dud date! Managed to get a tour of the hospital as well last week which was good but unfortunately didn't get to see the delivery suite as it was full.

Have either of you been to the Antinatal swim sessions in Bletchley? I'm thinking of going Friday to see what it's like - that's if I can fit into any of my swim wear!

Take care, Shelly x

Hi Ladies,

Im due 9th April and live in Steeple Claydon so not too far from MK although it scares me to venture there. Crazy drivers on the roads!!! LOL. Hope everyone is well xx

Hi Hayley - not quite sure where Steeple Claydon is - although it's towards Bicester my OH says (learn something everyday).

I don't find the drivers to be too bad in MK but then am used to driving in big cities so thats probably why! How are you doing? You aren't too long behind us.

Yeah I've had two of my antinatal classes already and have my last one on Thursday which I think covers breastfeeding. The classes have been great and have left me alot to think about! The midwife brought in all the utensils and things used in birth so we didn't have to worry about what they were on the day. The vontouse doesn't look as bad as I expected but after watching one born every minute last week I don't want them to end up using forceps - have either of you been watching that?

Have either of you been to the Antinatal swim sessions in Bletchley? I'm thinking of going Friday to see what it's like - that's if I can fit into any of my swim wear! Take care, Shelly x

Glad you managed to get onto antenatal classes as the last time I PM'd you they stilll hadn't given you the dates - I have found them very useful, we have our last one on Tuesday morning then a MW appt in the afternoon.

I have been watching OBEM - I love it! The forceps looked barbaric I wasn't keen on the look of those I must admit :eek:

We went to the hospital this morning for a tour - it was really good. I did feel a little bit freaked out at first but it was really good to see how the department is laid out and where we would be giving birth. I wasn't keen on the size of the post-natal ward though it all seemed very cramped - hopefully we won't be spending too much (if any) time there though.

I've not been to the Antenatal swim class :( I had all good intentions of doing pregnancy aquafit through my pregnancy but I haven't been once :nope:

When do you finish work for maternity Shelley?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->