• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mums/Moms after Recurrent Losses (MARL) - Come join us!

Obviously I am reading too much into this measurement! Thanks so much xxx

Ps WHEN I graduate to here I won't worry as much .............. (?!) :haha:

about not having a foot pedal on the ubbi - i had a normal trash can as a second diaper pail that had a foot pedal, it was a pain to press the foot pedal! much easier to slide the top of the ubbi! lol
miss you gals - just too busy with work and babies. i try and read and post when i can.

Heart- awesome list! Thanks so much :) I will round out my amazon wish list with a few of your suggestions and start chipping away at it (baby stuff is not cheap!).

Pip- that pram/car seat is neat. Thanks for sharing. I've never seen anything like it here in the US. No wonder I couldn't picture what you meant!

Hi hopeful! It's amazing you have time to post or read here at all!

Does anyone clean their babies mouth? With a wet washcloth? Just read you are supposed to? But others say not if they are breastfed?

Fili, believe me, you will find other things to worry about!

Jodi, I hadn't heard of washing their mouths. How would you do it? Would you use water?

Has anyone else found that a baby puts a strain on their marriage? We're doing ok, but there are parts where we are struggling. I miss my old relationship. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change a thing. But I wish we were on the same page more. We used to always be on the same page. Now we seem to clash on things regarding the baby. It's frustrating. Plus I feel like, no strike that, I know I do the majority of the work with her. I know her best, so I feel like my opinion has more weight. But he doesn't always see it that way. I know we'll get through it. Sleep deprivation doesn't help.

Heart, I am in complete agreement! DH just doesn't get it. He works hard, too, and has to put up with my parents so I try to see past it. Not easy when we are arguing :blush:

Amanda! Hello! It's rare we are on here at the same time now. Big time strain, I think it's a lot to do with sleep deprivation. When are you going back to work? Are you having a nanny come to the house? I wish I could be with them every day but yeah, breaks are nice.
We went on our first family outing today, to Costco and McDonalds drive thru, lol. I broke part of my tooth off on a sausage muffin! Luckily, dh had his dentist cell phone and he owns the place and its close by so he fixed it for now (was a molar, it was hurting) and I'm getting a crown on Monday.

It's really nice out, going to try out my bigger stroller, one like yours Amanda/ the city mini gt double. Otherwise I use a double snap n go.

Pumping now; the kids eat so much that I have to supplement wih formula. Pump around 1100 ml/ day and they drink 100 ml each time now, so between 1500-1600 ml a day between the two of them. Ava was 10 lb 4 oz a couple weeks ago now?
She has a strawberry on back of her ear and I took her in to make sure it was ok.

it's a birthmark that should go away, raised blood vessels into what looks like a red raised mole I guess.

Wish I could pump more but don't know how to get more without going on stuff and pumping every 3 hours (I pump 4-5 times a day now)

Time goes by so fast, I just can't believe it. Ava sleeps 5-6 hour stretches at night most nights: Dylan is up to 4.5 hour stretches at most (he's a hungry guy) he gets nursed once at night but otherwise it's all pumped.

Amanda- do you think he's nervous about taking care of her ? What does he say about it? You really need breaks, it's completely necessary.

Hi pip!!!

Mouth washing- says to just use water on a washcloth. Don't think I will do it though? Going to ask ped.

Hi hopeful! :wave:

Do you mean wash their mouths on the inside? How strange... Breastmilk is an antiseptic so surely that is cleaner than a towel? Are you supposed to sterilise it, too? :dohh:
Saying that, J sticks everything in his mouth now. I even find myself picking up toys from the floor (in our house) for him and letting him chew on them. So much for my old standards!

I wash J's face with a wet cloth and that includes his mouth. On the outside, that is.

Just piping up to say Amanda...I am so having the same issues with DH. Frustrating is not the word.

I am trying to catch up with everyone and a failing miserably :dohh:

Love and :hugs: everyone

XxX

Pip- I'm glad I wasn't missing something with not washing inside their mouths. J can already put stuff in his mouth? Can he hold his head up too? Gotta look for pics in your journal

Hopeful, he holds his head up. He can even stand (assisted or leaning on furniture) holding his whole body up! He giggles and dribbles and sticks everything in his mouth after stroking it carefully. You are going to love it with the twins!
Right now DH is dancing around and playing shadow games on the ceiling while J is fascinated and cooing for more whenever DH stops :cloud9: It's going to be amazing with two of them!

Amanda- Delilah is so new to both of you so don’t worry about not feeling totally on the same page right now. You will get there!:thumbup: Once you go back to work I’m sure your DH will step up more with the baby duties. Tim only had a week off when Penny was born so it was mostly up to me during the day and of course I was BFing at the time so feedings were on me as well but Tim helped me where ever he was able. I love my little threesome and feel like Tim and I have an even better relationship because of Penny. We are more of a team than we ever have been before. The only thing that is harder is trying to find time to be intimate. We work around the baby but it definitely is not as much as before Penny entered our lives. We both miss is but with time everything gets better.:thumbup: And you are right, sleep deprivation makes everything much harder. Hang in there! You will find a great balance soon

Hopeful- I can’t believe a sausage muffin chipped your tooth. Ouch! I’m glad you were able to see the dentist right away. It sounds like your two little ones are thriving. You are super mom working and taking care of TWO babies!

Pepitas- its so true. Your standards sort of go out the window when they start putting everything in their mouths. I used to be a hand sanitizing Nazi until Penny started putting everything and anything in her mouth. There is no way to control it! Once I caught her eating a shoe! :dohh:You are certainly entering the fun stage and it just gets better and better!

AFM- I got back from my business trip and couldn’t have been more happy to see my little family waiting for me. Penny and Tim were smiling from ear to ear and wrapped me in a big hug:cloud9:. Tim was exhausted from having baby duty all to himself for a few days so as soon as I got off the plane he thanked me for all that I do because he could never be a parent alone. Penny seemed to change so much during the time I was away. She seems more independent and has added a few more words to her vocabulary. We swear she can now say “go” and a version of “kitty cat.” She will also be walking in no time. Just in the past week she has gone from standing on her own to standing on her own and squatting to pick up our ipads off the grown. It amazes me that she can not only hold herself up but also another object!

Hoping how cute!! Love kitty kat! Bless her x
Hopeful lexi has a strawberry to on her leg above her knee I never had heard of it but apparently there common an should go by 5 x

Heart I think it's normal Hun! Me an petr r same he would leave her to cry longer than me he will take her out the bathroom after a bath to dress her whereas I get her dressed in the bathroom where it's still warm! He doesn't think it's necessary, I think we're all different, you probably do things I wouldn't an vice versus I think sometimes j have to rem she's his baby to not just mine lol x

G doesn't really bother with Samuel. He's slowly getting better but he just hasn't bonded with him like he did with Laura and i think thats largely due to how ill i was through the pregnancy. He takes every opportunity to get out of the house which pisses me off.

I'm reading but don't have much to add yet lol! Love reading your posts about your bambinos though :cloud9:

Sorry to hear that pups :hugs: maybe he will in time? Could he be jealous?

puppy that sucks! maybe he is jealous of the time you spend with him like fili said?

popping in to say hi too x i do read everything so im clued up when i join you all lol xx

I think it's safe to say that babies change relationships. Heart, Hubs and I have some similar struggles, because I am with Levi all the time, I feel like I do know more what he needs when. I try not to micro manage and let them have their time, but it's hard for me to give him freedom when the baby is crying. One example is that Jeremy usually does bathtime and he is great at it, but I think baby gets too cold if he washes his hair when he is in the tub. (I have a kid with a headful of curly hair! so it takes a while to wash and rinse it!) Levi loves the bath so I hate when he cries at the end because he is getting cold. When I watched the nurse at hospital wash his hair, she had him wrapped in the towel and held his head over the water to wash his hair, this kept him warm and stops the water and bubbles getting in his face. If I bathe him I get him out and snuggled in the towel while he is still enjoying the bath and then wash his hair over the tub. He smiles and giggles and it's precious. I tried to explain this to Jeremy but "it's quicker" to do it the way he has been doing it. So he doesn't want to change. I hate to hear Levi crying, even if its only for a couple of minutes, when I know that it doesn't have to be that way. Last night I went in and took him out the bath and washed his hair because I wanted to she Jeremy what I meant, and how sweet it was to see Levi so content - I think he like the warm water on his hair when hes feeling warm. but my lovely hubby has a hard time really listening or 'seeing' when he thinks he's right!

It's a little example, but there are many that make it essential for Jeremy and I to communicate more when the baby is not around. One book I am reading - Pups, and Hopeful I recommend it- is called 'The wonder of Boys' and its all about the ways boys learn and develop and how they need to be parented differently than girls. Super interesting, but one chapter is about taking time to consider explore what your values are as a family so you can be intentional to instill those values in your boys (children). Jeremy and I decided that we need to do this for Levi, and any other kids we welcome into our family, but I also think it will be good for us to remember that sometimes our actions come from a value that we don't have in common.

The bath thing is important to Jeremy because he likes to have time with Levi and its hard for him to play with him in the bath in the way I do so he wants it over quickly to have good play time together once he is home from work. I feel its important for Levi to love the water and enjoy bathtime because I have such fond memories of playing in the water, and learning to swim etc. My dad hates the water and I want to make sure that Levi grows up exposed and enjoying it. Once we understand the others perspective, its easier not to judge them. Easier, but not easy. I still think I am right, but I have to remember that Levi isn't just my baby.

Ok, that's a lot.

Pups - It must be tough to see G not paying Samuel as much attention as you want. I know that you are also dealing with extreme sleep deprivation with Samuel struggling at night. Know that I am praying for you and your family. I hope that your boy gives you some sweet smiles and some good naps to make the world feel like a birghter place!

So fun to hear from you Fili and Mrskg! Can't wait for you to be in here with your little ones. Not long now :)

Levi has been having a ROUGH time with gas recently. We have been using this tube thing called the Windi (I might have already mentioned this, my brain is mush) It is amazing! It releases his gas and helps him poop, but last night he pretty much slept all the way through. I fed him when we got him up at 3am but he hardly took any and was pretty much asleep the whole time he was just so restless and fussy. Poor baby. I have been looking up baby massage techniques and I am going to try and do it every diaper change to release the gas through the day and see if it helps it not build up to be so bad at night.

I did the massage with his diaper change just now and get some good toots and he is now sleeping peacefully in the swing. You may have guessed because I am having time to actually write something!

Hello to all the other ladies I have missed, know I have been reading but its not always possible to respond. I haven't mastered the one handed typing like Puips!

Do you ladies find that your babies get overstimulated if you try and do too much in a day? We went to MOPS in the morning yesterday and then straight out to lunch with Jeremy's parents and sister and by the time we were in the car coming home Levi was inconsolable. He had eaten and slept on and off all morning but didn't get his long 2.5 or 3 hour nap at all- he usually has a couple of them.
I have decided that we are going to just do one thing a day now. If he misses one long nap in exchange for cat naps but it seems if we miss both its bad news bears. I really hoped my baby would sleep anywhere but although he can nap he doesn't sleep hard unless we are home. Have you had to change your schedules to make sure they nap?
Just curious. Right now, he naps in the swing, but I know I need to make him nap in his crib soon so he isn't reliant on the motion to stay sleeping. Any tips from Mummies who have transitioned babies to sleep in cribs?

Heart - I also wanted to thank you for the pumping tips, I am also going to a breast feeding support group once a week and I am so happy to say that my first pumping of the day got almost 4oz, and I just got another ounce just now! I have even got one bag in the freezer!!! So happy!

This was a very jumbled post. Thank you for grace when you read it. I know you all understand! haha!

Love having you ladies to talk to and hear how its all going!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->