Mums/Moms after Recurrent Losses (MARL) - Come join us!

OMG my boy turned 19 months and I missed it.....oh well taking him to meet Iggle Piggle and Upsy daisy tomorrow can't wait :)

I'm loving the toddler stage at the minute kisses and cuddles galore, lots of new interests and actions with him he is just so gorgeous and interesting I'm so smitten with my lil man :)

Fluffy if you missed his birthday I'd be worried about you. But I think he'll forgive you for missing his 19 month day. Have a blast tomorrow!

I used to be a preschool teacher for 12-24 month olds. It's my favorite age range. Enjoy every second of it with him!

Morning girls, have been pretty rubbish with updating in here but its all i can do to update my journal!

Petit - you have one cool dude there!

Croy - a facial, lucky you! Do you feel better for it?

Heart - loving the smiles. Samuel has started, its a bit hit and miss right now and i havent managed to capture one

Tracie - a year! Can't believe it. She is super cute though

Bumpy - congrats on having little man home, i bet you are over the moon.

Ummm.... Who else?

Hoping - you are gorgeous, can see where your LO gets her looks. So jealous of your weather too. Damn cold here now, and wet. Meh.

Sorry if i have forgotten you, my brain isn't what it used to be!

Just wanted to add to the photos - Samuel is all snuffly, think he has a cold :( took him to a cranial osteopath on Weds and its made a huge difference to him. Apparently his rapid labour meant he'd hurt his neck. Plus his reflux doesn't help matters. He still has his screaming sessions but its not all day now like before.

https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/puppycat72/IMAG1915_zps222978ed.jpg

today I had to get 4 biopsys done of the lump and I've to go back next Friday for the results it could be a involuting fibroadanoma which is nothing orbit could be phylloids tumour I'm scared really scared xx

Hi Ladies,
Popping in to ask a mommy question. Do I need a mini bathtub for my kitchen sink? Remember my home is tiny and those inflatable, giant tubs are just not going to work. If so, is there one you like?

It's so wonderful to know that all your babies are here and thriving. I can't wait to join you in the not too distant future.

Jen, that's so scary hun! What a horrible day you've had. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. I hope Paul is giving you lots of emotional support right now.

Kat, I have the blooming bath and I haven't used it once. It was the first purchase I made. It's super cute, but I ended up using a small plastic tub that someone gave to us instead. I put it in our bath tub and wash her there. This is it. https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Ocean-Wonders-Bath-Center/dp/B0009UBSFM It's nice because it has a hammock to keep her from sliding around. I don't love it, but it was free! I never used our kitchen sink. If that isn't an option, the blooming bath might be something to consider. I could sell you mine (I have it in yellow) for $20 if you want.

My MIL is visiting right now. Not much time to catch up right now but will when she leaves.

Heart,
I'll take it. Let me know your preference for payment. I have PayPal if that works for you. I understand that your MIL is in, so just get to it when you get to it.

Ooh heart, I see. One of those really cute but ultimately not the most practical items? :dohh:
I bought a top and tail bowl we never used...

Ok, here is my second suggestion. I saw one of these at a friend's house and thought it was quite clever. It is a tray that sits over the bathtub. I'm not sure how space saving it is but I think it isn't quite as deep as a standard baby bath.

www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Supabath/688525,default,pd.html?singlehit=true

Maybe someone else has experience with it?

Personally, I thought I'd get away with sink bathing but I reverted pretty quickly to a standard baby bath with a seat insert. The insert is brilliant because I don't have to hold him and can use both hands for washing.

Pups, your little S has the most gorgeous big contemplative eyes! :cloud9:

Jen, fingers crossed for you Xxx

Puppy, your little man is soooo cute! Those eyes are beautiful. Sorry he is sick. And I can totally empathize with the reflux (or stupid reflux as I've started to refer to it as.)

Kat, I want to take a few pics of her in it as it is a very cute item. I have it in yellow. But after that I'll send it to you. I don't have Pay Pal. You could just mail me a check if you want. I trust you! :thumbup:

Pip, that product looks interesting. When Delilah was in the NICU, they showed me a way to sponge bathe her. They put a disposable, waterproof pad under her in her crib and washed her down. When she got home, I had a bunch of those pads because I had anticipated bleeding heavily after giving birth which didn't happen. So I would bathe her in her rubber changing pad https://www.diapers.com/p/soft-gear-deluxe-changer-espresso-278715 with the disposable pad inside of it. It worked like a charm when she was super little. But now that she is bigger, I also prefer the tub with the insert.

Just got home from my first date with my husband after having her. We went to a bar and had a drink while my MIL watched her. Luckily I got the baby down to sleep in her swing before we left and she didn't wake up the entire time. Last night she slept for 6 hours in her swing! She's a good sleeper when the stupid reflux doesn't wake her up. We had a nice time just chatting. I miss my husband time. We'll need to find more ways to get time alone together.

Jen fx its nothing. Breast lumps are very common and hoping yours is a benign cyst like mine was. Thinking of u.

Puppy Samuel is so cute, I think he looks just like u!

Heart I'm glad u had a nice time with the hubster and sounds like Delilah was a very good girl!

AFM currently listening to Alfie making some strange sounds in his Moses basket after a big feed and a huge poo explosion! He smelt so bad! Loving being a mummy girls, especially where my dad is so sick Alfie makes me smile again! Xx

Hi All,
It's wonderful to hear about life as a mommy.

Peti,
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Heart,
Glad you had a great date. PM me your mailing address when you are ready to send it out.

Puppycat- I hope Samuel is feeling better. Its so tough to see them sick when they are so little. The girls are right… your little guy has beautiful eyes and is so adorable.

Jen- How did your appointment go?

Amanda- Yay for your 1st date night with your hubby! It’s so nice to get in some alone time and be adults. The first time I left Penny for a few hours she was 2 weeks old. We went to a brewery for Tim’s birthday and I cried all the way there but once we settled in we had a nice time

Kat- I’m glad Amanda was able to help you out. The blooming bath looks adorable! I wish I would have purchased one of those. I bought a small plastic tub for Penny but we only used it a few times. Before she could sit I would just bathe with her. It was much easier for me this way. Once she could sit on her own we just used the regular tub. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy:thumbup:

Bumpy- Newborns do make some interesting noises. I wasn’t prepared for all the sounds that came out of them! I’m glad you have Alfie to help keep a smile on your face during this hard time with your dad

AFM- we had a nice relaxing weekend at home. Yesterday Penny helped me put away the dishes and every time I handed her one of her baby spoons she would lick it before putting it away:haha:.

I leave in a few days for North Carolina and I am already dreading being away from Tim and Penny:nope:

Hi MARLs! :)
Hope all you ladies and your adorable LOs are doing well. Hoping to graduate and join you all soon!

I wanted to ask a quick favor: I posted a question a few days ago in this 'baby and parenting' section asking for moms to tell me their 'must have' items. Basically, what product(s) could you not live without... I only got 1 answer! I just had my shower and so now I've got some shopping to do for everything I didn't get. I would really appreciate if any of you have the time to drop me a few suggestions! I know youre very busy so no pressure or anything but if you could suggest anything, that'd be great!

Hmmm must haves.

Change mat, [breast pump, pads, nursing bras/tops (if u plan to bf)], dummy - you never know! Lots of maternity pads, pre-prepared or ready meals in freezer, cereal/breakfast bars, muslin squares, blankets, syringes with ml measurements on (always handy)

If i think of anything else i'll shout

Tuckie my must haves were Aden and Anais swaddle blankets, they are so soft, perfect for swaddling and they don't let the baby get too hot at night, we were given a couple but went out and got a few more the first week Levi was home! He does like to pee through his PJ's and blanket at night so its nice to have a few to rotate! They wash and dry really easily.
Also the "Itzbeen" timer was amazing in the early weeks, and we still use it at night to keep track of feeding/sleeping etc. I think there are some phone apps that do similar things, but I liked having it be a separate thing that stood on the night stand and had a light, and was literally one button. Even logging into my phone in the middle of the night felt like too much to do!

Also, Mother Milk tea has been great for me for Bfeeding, so finding ome of that to have on hand would be good. Also for Bfeeding, Motherlove nipple cream is my fave. I have some Medela and Lanison (sp?the purple tube) Lanolin, but the Motherlove seemd to be the one that Levi minded the least when he went to feed! haha I got that on Amazon. Nursing Tank tops breast pads like Pup said, and shirts that you can nurse in. i am wearing the same few shirts because I have no time to shop and didn't think about easy access for when I am out and about and nursing. I just ordered some online because I had no other option!

Glad you had a fun shower, I saw a couple of pics on FB!! Can't wait for you to join us in here!

Hearty, glad to hear you got a night out with Tim. It feels so good to do 'normal' things sometimes. I can't wait to have a date night with my hubby.

Tuckie, my most prized baby possession (and this was the same with my DD) is my baby carrier. We have a Snugli, but really any baby carrier works. It's by far the one item I cannot live without.

Hoping, have fun in NC. Are you going for work?

Hi to everyone else. I'm sure that I've read more, but am just too tired to go back. I'm having such a hard time keeping up with this thread!!

We've had an awful week here. I had the flu for a few days. My hubby gave him formula a few time and now I'm paying the price. He's been constipated and super grumpy for days. Also, he's recently started fussing at the breast quite a bit. It's really disturbing as I can't seem to soothe him with it anymore. Not sure what to do, any suggestions?

Tuckie-Must haves for me

1. Maternity pads and nipple cream if you are breastfeeding
2. Bulb syringe for sucking out baby boogers- the best ones are the
ones your get at the hospital so stock up while you are there!
3. Muslin squares for swaddling
4. Like Round said a baby carrier is a must have item. It’s the only way
I got anything done in the early days
5. Drying rack for bottles- I have the Boon Grass Countertop drying
rack and love it!
6. Plenty of bottles if you are going to pump or formula feed unless
you don’t mind washing constantly. They go through a ton in the 1 st few months
7. A bouncy or a swing is great when you need to go to the bathroom,
take a quick shower or tidy up. I would let Penny fall asleep in it
and then take her into the bathroom with me.
8. Lots of sleep in plays with zippers. They are so easy to take off and
put on. Penny lived in these for the 1st few months
9. Hats for the cold months ahead
10. Stock up on necessities before the baby is born. It is hard getting a
newborn out of the house and then going shopping
11. Nail clipper. Their nails grow so fast and you don’t want them
scratching themselves or you.
12. Humidifier if the air where you live is dry
13. Sleep sacks. When it was super cold we would put Penny in a sleep
and play and then a sleep sack since loose blankets are not
recommended
14. Stock up on lots of diapers and maybe wipes. *we only use wipes if
Penny poos because if we use them too much it irritates her bum
and she gets diaper rash (we use organic/all natural wipes and
diapers)
15. Something to keep track of feeds and dirty diapers in the beginning

Jodie- Yep, I have to go for work. It would be more fun if I could take them with me but its only for 3 ½ days. Sorry to hear about your rough week. The flu has been going around here as well. I’m not sure what to do about soothing him on the breast. Is he fine when taking a bottle? Penny was great at taking either one until I went back to work and then she would fight being on the breast. It was sad.

Hey ladies how are all you and your gorgeous LO's? Mines poorly. shes got a rotten cold. :( think its been brought on by her teeth :(
Went shopping for a winter coat for her today, and some of her birthday prezzies... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->