Mums/Moms after Recurrent Losses (MARL) - Come join us!

Maybe the stress if going back to work is affecting you that way. Or maybe you've just O later & you'll get the bfp in the next couple of days

Just, another meat I found really good when weaning bizarrely was liver. It blends down really well and it said in the book that babies love it, I found that hard to believe but she really did enjoy it. I always cooked it with sweet veg like sweet potato and squash and it was a real hit. I also remember adding fruit juice to stews and casseroles to sweeten them and make them more blend able and that worked really well.

Liver? I'd never have thought about liver for babies but I'll try when the time comes with Zeynab and we'll see how it goes!!

Mommies that have weaned:

Grey has been waking again for extra feeds. Last night he woke at 9:50, 12:30 and up for good at 5am. I did not sleep from 12:30-3:30 due to my mommy insomnia and frustration at the sleep regression. He seemed hungry and then went straight back to sleep. I have had 3 terrible nights of sleep in a row and have needed Advil PM to go down.

I decided to try feeding him avocado and be done with EBF, since it seems like he needs more calories. (My. Dr also suggested this because he is so big and still not sttn) He REFUSED it and had no interest in eating. I mixed 1tsp avocado with 2 tsp BM. He just wanted to play with the dish. He kept spitting it out. DH and I decided he still has zero interest in solids. Zero.

He has started watching DH and me drink and eat, even mimicking the chewing, but he loves his boobie milk. Any thoughts on this? I really cannot do with the extra night feed. DH really covered for me in the morning and let me sleep again till 7am. I do not do well without sleep.

Kat, have you tried something like baby rice cereal. We started with veggie purees and it worked fine, but I know friends who have babies who needed to start with something more 'milklike' and rice cereal worked, it just gave the breastmilk more umph but didn't realy change the taste. I know there re some warnings about not giving too much rice cerweal because of arsenic or something, but at this point, I thin you would be giving him such small amounts of it mixed with the cereal it wouldn't hurt. Just a thought to see if you can ease the transition. Another thought is that those pouches of puree can be a good way for babies to eat too if they like to suck. Levi will eat off a sppoon fine but he can down a ouch in seconds because he loves the taste and like to suck and be independent. You could buy an organic starter pouch like a sweet potato or something to see if he can figure out the sucking (as opposed to a spoon) but if you wanted to make your own I bought some 'little green pouches; on line and they are reusable pouches that you fill with your own purees. I just like to try out a few of the pre-made organic ones on hand for last minute trips out when I couldn't have room or can't be arsed to deal with a cooler! The reusable ones save money though. I am hoping to try some smoothie type things in them this week. Not sure if either of those suggestions are helpful but they came to mind.

I have some other pages to read back over - Davies, any updates??

Ladies, I am thrilled to let you know I took my driving test and passed! Yay! I am finally a driver. So happy to cross that off the list. I am still nervous about it but its feeling more doable! Hoping to grocery shop with Levi this week all on my own. Im actually pretty excited!

Also, after the 2 periods in Jan Feb and then nothing I finally started again yesterday. My doctor is on board with us trying again and I am going to do progesterone, dexamethasone and aspirin just like with Levi and hope that we catch soon. I don't want to get too focused on it, and because I am still nursing I don't know if things will get back to normal anytime soon. I need to start temping again but with inconsistent nights that might be tricky! Speaking of, levi did a 9.5hours stretch last night. Longest ever! I hope it sticks. Wouldn't it be nice if they just figured out sleeping through. Kat I feel for you. Levi had a week a few weeks ago that 4.45 was a good time to wake up and it was killer, but its back to 6.30 or 7 again now. He had definite growth spurts too when he would wake through the night and I also think my period coming affected my supply so I want to track where his bad nights fall in comparison with my period and see if it might be laying a role...have you got your period back yet?

This feeels rambled. I miss you ladies!!! I will do better at posting.

Hi ladies,

Kat, just read your post, that's bound to be hard going the sleep regression just as you were getting used to Grey sleeping better. Let me tell you I was ready to give up on giving Emelia solids at first as she just kept spitting it out but it seems to be that they just don't really know what to do with the food, it seems to take several days in a row of practice to get them used to any type of food and developing the chewing action. I thought it would be great fun to try solids but I ended up finding it a bit stressful at first as it was just messy and none seemed to be getting solid but they soon get the hang of it.

I think you've done great with your EBF for so long, would you not consider giving a bottle of formula even for the last feed such as a midnight feed and that will probably see Grey through the night?
Im honestly not so sure that starting solids really works for filling them up so that they sleep through the night, it seems that milk is still their main nutrition and calorie source.

Croy, congratulations on passing your driving test, that's great news and helps you be so much more independent. Exciting stuff about you ttc again aswell.

Yay croy - congrats mumma!!!

Just - re your post the other day about meat/Fish I use annabel Karmels book "the complete baby and toddler meal planner" to get some good recipes. She has lots of advice and yummy recipes from first purées to ideas to give toddlers. There's some great veggie recipes in there too. Alfie's favourites are leek, sweet potato and pea...... Salmon with carrots and tomato......chicken with carrot, sweet potato and onion,....and my first bolognaise. I didn't give him meat and fish until he was 7 months and I think that is what really helps them to sleep through the night as its a proper meal and fills them up. I'm starting to introduce more chunks now and my great eater has started to spit his food out in disgust!!!!! Give him blended veggies and he will wolf it down - give him a piece of carrot or a pea and he spits it out!!! He can definitely handle lumps as he has scrambled egg, crumpet, toast chunks of banana etc but veg is starting to be a challenge!!!

Kat - sorry to hear about the sleeping - you gave Great hubby there though!! I agree with croy - maybe try baby rice first as it doesn't really have any taste. And then perhaps something sweeter - sweet potato, parsnip, carrot, pear, banana for example. Avocado is a very distinctive taste and I remember Alfie not being that fussed at first although I was desperate for him to enjoy it because its such a good healthy fat. He quite likes it now tho so don't give up. I sometimes mash it with a little banana - try it it actually works!!!

Hi everyone else - Davies any news?

We are back from center parcs and had a great time! I seem to have brought a cold back with me though booooo so in hoping I don't give it to Alfie x

Kat: Sounds like he's going through his Fifth Leap:
https://www.thewonderweeks.com/mental-leap-5/

I don't think his behavior indicates he's ready for solids. More likely he is going through a growth spurt or mental leap and needs the extra reassurance at night. I would suggest pumping an extra bottle for your DH to take over the extra night feed instead of you. DD went through phases like that, and they usually lasted about a week or two then she was back to sleeping well. Is there any way for you to get a nap in during the day?

Thanks Ladies. I got him to eat a tiny bit at a time off my finger!!! This time I did not mix it with milk. He seemed to like it. We are very excited. I want to stick with avocado because I want the fat and calories. I am a bad Asian, and do not want to feed him rice.

Croy,
FXed hon. Congrats hon!!!

Just,
I might consider formula, but it would be weird.

Bumpy,
Sounds like you had great fun. Sorry for your cold.

Mighty,
I read about that wonder week too, might be.

Thanks Ladies. I got him to eat a tiny bit at a time off my finger!!! This time I did not mix it with milk. He seemed to like it. We are very excited. I want to stick with avocado because I want the fat and calories. I am a bad Asian, and do not want to feed him rice.

L.O.L.

Haha Kat. You are funny. I'm pleased you made progress. Weaning is all about perseverance. Have you heard the fact about babies needing to try something 14 times before they decide they like it? Or something. Basically it's not unusual for them to reject a food around 14 times before accepting it.
Croy, congratulations on passing your driving test. So much more freedom. I would be lost if I couldn't drive as I live in a village with nothing but a church and a telephone box and one bus a day.
MM I love the Wonder weeks app.
Bumpy pleased you had a great time at centre parcs and I hope the cold doesn't amount to anything.
Afm - Louis is still keeping me guessing on a night but I am going to stick my neck out and say we are having more good nights than bad ones. He still prefers to sleep with my nipple in his mouth which is a habit we have to break, or school trips away may be awkward. I had started to try to cut out Edie's afternoon nap but I have admitted defeat on that one and introduced it again. She was getting exhausted beyond belief and it was also meaning Louis couldn't nap either. Now I am putting her back in bed for a nap, and Louis and I are napping together on the sofa. Win/win. I will attempt to get him to nap in his crib at a later date. He is showing signs of an increased appetite lately. I have never been able to get him to take both boobs, whenever I have given him both sides before he threw up. The last couple of days he has had both sides, and he has been struggling and fussing while feeding as if it wasn't satisfying him. He is only pooing about twice a week.
Whenever I say he is sleeping better I have a terrible night, so I think I have probably jinxed myself. Here is a video of him laughing with Daddy.
https://i145.photobucket.com/albums...82-ABCB-317B45720F49-292-0000001D25F1D594.mp4

We're back from a vacation weekend. We had a wedding and decided to stay for the weekend since we have friends there; it was AMAZING!!!!

Kat: When I start cereal, I will not feed her rice either, I'm gonna try oatmeal baby cereal:winkwink: And then avocado, because i love it and I know it's really healthy.

Gotta go, Zoe is up

MrsM: Just downloaded the app today! I bought the book 3 years ago, I loved knowing when the stormy periods were coming. The app looks like it will be just as useful. I'm glad that working naps back in to your routine is working for you. I think I'll keep DD on naps until she just won't sleep because I need the naps for myself. I'm exhausted! I took a nap today and DD was so good, she just played quietly until I woke up. Right now the baby sleeps well, not looking forward to when he's up all night...

MrsMigg and MM,
I'm glad your LOs are sleeping well right now because you both really need it with two. I don't know how you manage. I think DH and I are going to stick with one. I plan on getting my IUD next week. Last time, I cancelled the day before... So we will have to see. I can't fathom doing this all over again. I think my anxiety would be just as high and this time I would have a high energy and feisty guy to look after.

Madrid,
Great news that you had a quick and fun vacation.

Kat- we did rice cereal but maybe you could put a tiny bit of oatmeal in pumped milk? You can't even tell anything is in there the way they have u make the rice cereal right away, it's still very milky.

Hi everyone! Babies got baptized, I'm exhausted and back home. Catch up later.

Croy, what are those pouches? I want to try them.

Kat, I truly don't think solids help with sttn I'm sorry to say. I think it's a developmental thing. I hope I'm wrong for your sake. Delilah's first food was avocado and its still one of her favorites to this day. Some foods do take a while for her to like as Mrs M suggests.

I swear, in our case, Delilah just started sttn on her own. She goes 11-12 hours every night now. Nothing I did created that. She just had to get a little older.

I know formula seems weird, but once you get over that, it's a godsend. I love being able to mix up a quick bottle for her sometimes. She's still mostly getting BM, but formula is a great tool to have.

Speaking of, I think she's really weaning now. She refused to nurse this morning. I had to pump instead and gave it to her in a bottle. That's never happened. I barely nursed her all day. She just wasn't interested. I'm not ready to be done yet. I don't even know how many bottles I would give her and how much to fill them if I stopped nursing. Currently it's on demand and our feedings are all over the place.

So much more I want to write. Will try tomorrow. Going to bed now. Good night all.

Oh Jodi, happy 11 months to Ava and Dylan! Can you believe our babies are almost 1??? :shock:

Do you have birthday plans? I need to think of something. I don't want her to have sugar so am trying to think of a cake alternative.

Oh and Kat, I don't give Delilah rice either. We do oatmeal instead.

Heart - Here is a link to the little green pouch website. I got mine from diapers.com though.

https://www.littlegreenpouch.com/

I love them! And its super convenient for having Levi eat his homemade food when we are out about about.

We leave for vacation in a couple of weeks and I can't wait!! I am already getting a bit anxious about the packing and traveling with all our gear. Hoping I can be smart about what we really need vs what I want to take! I am really going to be praying that Levi sleeps a bunch on the way there when its through the night. And on the way back i will just need to plan well and have some good activities planned. Any tips from those who have travelled with a mover?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->