Mums/Moms after Recurrent Losses (MARL) - Come join us!

Fili to answer your question, Emelia's dress is from Mothercare. I bought it myself as I actually found that out of all the presents we received when she was born we got hardly any summer clothes. I like Embroidery anglaise things and in white I thought it was cute.

Thanks Kat, that makes sense actually that when their immune system is stronger at 1 year old it may decide not to agree with certain food types. Im going to do the eggs and peanuts soon and just make sure Im not alone at the time. To be honest I've actually noticed that several of the things I have been letting her try state that they may contain traces of these products anyway and she's never had a reaction. Someone else told me that strawberries can often cause an allergic reaction aswell but she was fine with them too. It must be terrible for people to have a child with a food allergy, always on the lookout for dangers.

Aww she looks beautiful in it :) I love EA stuff too!

My boobs don't hurt :-( at all :-(. I keep having hot flushes!

Mrs M, what do you mean Louis doesn’t nap? He never naps? Does he have a swing? I would go nuts if I didn’t have naptime. This must feel like a huge departure after having such a great sleeper in Edie!

Fili, that’s so interesting that Lexi isn’t taller. I honestly think she will be. Just give it some time. How far along are you? When is your scan? I have everything crossed for you.

Bumpy, I don’t see any resemblance between Delilah and Davie’s Lexi. However, whenever you post pics of Alfie, I actually see a resemblance between him and Delilah. I kept meaning to tell you that.

Just, as Kat said, there are new guidelines here about introducing foods earlier based on solid research. My ped is of the mindset that as long as there aren’t family allergies, then the sooner things are introduced, the better. I did wheat and eggs early on. I got scared with peanuts, but did manage to squeeze them in right before her 1st birthday. When you introduce things, just make sure to give it 3-4 days to look for a reaction. I’ve always hated milk. I tolerated it in cereal for years because I love cereal. Then I discovered rice milk. It changed my life. It’s so refreshing and light. I adore it in cereal. You might want to give it a try. Emelia is absolutely gorgeous. She has such strong yet feminine features. Don’t get too cozy with the bouncy chair. She’s going to be getting into everything before you know it. I barely sit still these days trying to keep Delilah from getting into something she shouldn’t. And don’t worry if Emelia sleeps on her stomach. Once they can get around, it isn’t an issue anymore. I was a wreck the first few days, but there was nothing I could do about it. Now I actually lay her down on her stomach as it is the only way she’ll sleep!

Happy 6 months Grey! Looking forward to new pics. I can’t believe he’s still in his swing. He isn’t trying to climb out of it yet? It’s going to happen soon. Looking forward to hearing how you introduce solids.

AFM, we didn’t fool around last night. I decided to forego pumping tonight and let him have his way. LOL. So tired now though. I made veggie nuggets for Delilah tonight. I hope she likes them. The recipe made 50 of them. I have them in the freezer and can heat them up when I need to. I’m building up quite a freezer stash of homemade food for her. Veggie burgers, sweet potato pancakes, spinach/ricotta gnocchi and now these veggie nuggets. Makes life so much easier when I can just heat something up and then give her some fresh fruit and avocado or other veggie. It’s so much fun feeding her. Lots of work, but fun. If anyone wants me to post the recipes I’m making, I’d be happy to.

They sound lovely Amanda. No, Louis doesn't nap. If he does he likes to nap on me. I have to put Edie down for a nap too, sit on the sofa to feed him and he will fall asleep on me for a couple of hours. Obviously I can get nothing done. I don't have a swing, mark wouldn't want to spend money on anything like that. Nor will he agree to giving him a dummy. He is still waking up 3x most nights and wanting to get up at 6am. It's nearly killing me. Some mornings I can get him to go back to sleep but he is like the devil this morning for some reason. He will also nap in the car or the stroller. The blessing is that when he is awake he is usually very good natured and content.
Ladies who have had AF return while feeding - have you found it has affected your milk? I am extremely crampy and uncomfortable and really feel like the witch is coming. Last night and this morning Louis has been so fussy with his feed. He is shouting, hitting, clawing and pulling back and not enjoying it at all. I'm really miserable today. I went to bed at 11 and Louis woke briefly then he was up at 1.30, 4 and 6 and stayed awake at 6. He is tired again but won't feed or settle. Edie is awake now, I'm keeping her off Playgroup as she is full of cold so that means Louis won't nap this morning and I have her here too. I'm exhausted.
Sorry for the horrible moany selfish post.

Heart, I'd be really grateful if you could post those recipes please. That Gnocchi sounds lovely aswell, would you believe I only tried gnocchi last year for the first time, its a bit of a change from pasta all of the time.

MrsM, that sounds rough I have to say and no wonder your feeling a bit miserable today, that's quite acceptable given the lack of sleep. Jeez I have a cheek as yesterday morning Emelia woke twice around 5am and I felt so rough having to get up just to put her dummy back in!
It is difficult getting up during night times at the best of times. Is Mark totally against giving him a dummy then? I know its the only thing that soothes Emelia at times. But again as we've discussed recently on here I worry that she is too reliant on it and Im going to struggle to get it off her in time. So its great if he has went so long without one.
Can you not sneak him down to sleep after he falls asleep on you, or does he know and wake up? They are so fly at times.

Heart- I would love the recipes too!

MrsM - Wow, you are superwoman! Hoping you can snatch some rest somehow. Do you have a friend who could watch the kiddos for a couple of hours for you to nap?
I have had 3 periods post baby, 1 in jan, 1 in feb and one last month (hopefully one soon) but I notice Levi had horrible nights and fussy days about a week before and through the first couple of period days. early in the year he wasnt eating solids so it was a bigger deal but now I make a point to up his other food, especially yogurt at those times.

afm - really don't think i'm pregnant, which is a huge relief. We did find a pregnancy test here without too much bother but buying it without my parents seeing when we were at the store together was a mission in itself! I feel a bit silly even getting it now. I was just worrying because i had some anxiety which was my first symptom before. However it passed and now i think it was just the stress of being away from home and out of routine for so long. Its not relaxing for me after a while. I am loving the time with my parents especially seeing them with Levi but I am so so ready to be home, in 60 or 70 degree weather and in my house with my stores to be able to feed all of us but especially the baby. Ok, sorry to moan, I know that vacations are a blessing and I am trying to have a good attitude but man, I am a home body at heart and find traveling a bit overwhelming.

Croy,
Good news. Though it would have also been wonderful news the other way.

MrsMigg,
That is tough hon. I can't believe Mark is so strict. The swings are life savers. I pray you get to get a jumparoo. That is like a nanny in our home.

Heart,
Grey still naps on DH, LOL. DH wasn't home yesterday, so the swing had to do. He sleeps all night in his crib. We transitioned him in 2 weeks ago and it went very smoothly. I put him to bed in it for the 1st time last night. We pat him down instead of swinging him down now.:haha:
Nice of you to fool around, I guess. When I start feeding G more solids, I will want your favorite veggie recipes.

Just,
Super cute photos. I did not see them on my iPhone.

AFM,
DH was gone for work meetings all day yesterday, so we are celebrating G's half year birthday today. Will post pics at a later time.

Mrs migg could hormones from af affect the milk do you think? :hug: for you. I think dummies are a good tool and really comfort lexi to help her fall asleep. With a dummy she goes instantly. Hwever there is then the prob of when it falls out at night. What about a bottle of extra bf milk / formula milk or cluster feed. I can't think that I can tell you anything you don't know but racking my brain thinking how I can help you! It must be frustrating when you can't get stuff done too. Xxx

Heart- how do u thaw from freezer, do u microwave them
Recipes please

Happy 6 months grey

Hi eoe!

Well, I thought I best get my lazy arse on here at last (6 weeks after giving birth to the love of my life Morgan) after all I am now officially a mummy *shakes head in disbelief*.
I have been living in baby bliss for the past 6 weeks although it has had it's moments and challenges. I am looking forward to catching up with everyone, although it may take me some time knowing what a chatty bunch we all are.
Hope everyone is doing well and can't wait to read what everyone has been up to and seeing lots of baby pics xxx.

Oh and perhaps I should update my ticker..... Did I mention I am a mummy now (I did indeed carry a watermelon, baby)!!!

Heart I will have the recipes if it's not too much trouble for you to post them, don't go to any trouble! I know she is a diddy baby, I saw a 5 month old on the train today and she was long I thought compared to Lexi. I'm not too worried but I hope she gets some height! My mum's maiden family are very small so maybe she is a throw back!

I have sore boobs and sickness today :yipee::yipee: I have heartburn, rib pain, wind, consti alternated with the runs, breathlessness, moodiness, mild headache, head soreness. I am 4 weeks 6 days and I had my intralipid treatment in London today at the consultant's who helped me to have Lexi. I also did a promo video for his website, it was all very intimidating and professional to have cameras in your face and 3 (very dishy corporate looking men i might add!) telling you not to be nervous as you tell one of them all about your mc's and how Dr E helped you! They did one shoot and said they normally do 3 takes and that I am a natural! Dr E said he would give me a discount on my 7 week scan but i did it as a favour for him cos he helped me to have Lexi. I will post the link when it goes on the website.

I got a 3+ on the cb digi today too! :yipee:

Yes get your lazy ass in here Lee lol!!! :hugs:
Happy half year old Grey!! Now continue to sleep for mummy and daddy!
Ahh Just the dummy pushing back in at stupid o'clocks is a killer isn't it!

Fili. WTF!!!!!!! Are you preggo???????????????????????????????????? x

Yep! :smug: I am like a nervous wreck though. I was convinced it was all over today cos I hadn't had boob pain or cramps. All planned went on the treatment and monitored cycle and everything, clomid... the works!

Fellow preggos include Andrea (Neversaynever) Melfy and Mrs Migg (but Mrs Migg won't admit it yet LOL!)

OMG Fili, I can't believe it, so excited for you. I was at the hospital today for a check up after my PPH and was given the contraception sermon yet again lol...
I remember you said you would try soon after Lexi was born, so that's you and Melfy. I need to read back some more in case I've missed anyone else.
I will be stalking you in first tri now :)

I've been trying to get pregnant since Lexi was a month old! :rofl: I gave up bf'ing asap so I could get my period back. I would be very lucky if this worked out, I do expect more mc's before another rainbow of course.

... and Neversaynever is pregnant too :)

Hi Lee, we've been patiently waiting for you to join us on here. But understandable that you've been in baby bliss with your precious boy. You will need to let us see pics please..well me anyway as Im not on facebook!
Wow I cant believe how quick 6 weeks has gone by.

Fili, that's great news about the 3+ on the digi, its all sounding promising indeed with all of your symptoms and don't you be so negative that you expect more miscarriages! Positive thinking and with all of the treatment you are on this will be another precious baby for you.

I had to do a double take and re-read what you said about MrsM being preggers aswell, was that a joke haha...do you have something to tell us MrsM?
Its only a matter of time before someone else on here is posting the news I bet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->