Mums/Moms after Recurrent Losses (MARL) - Come join us!

awww congrats fili eeek that is so awesome :D:D

im just going to take it in my stride if it happens it happens kieran is almost 1 so there is not going to be any pressure no temping no charting etc so we will see what happens plus im trying to get healthy as well so we could say ntnp xxx

Fili, you asked about cramping during my pregnancies. Yes I had cramps every pregnancy even the two unsuccessful ones but they only ended because of my unknown blood clotting issue at the time. For me cramps seem to be absolutely normal for implantation, growing, stretching etc.

I've also noticed what Tuckie said though about not having as much period cramps now during periods. I used to always get quite bad period pains but not now which is a bonus.

Good luck for the scan tomorrow Fili, just imagine how absolutely crazy it would be if you were to post about more than one baby.

Jenny, that's exciting that your ttc again. I hope it happens soon for you.

Wooks, Im with you that we're hoping to be pregnant again for Emelia's first birthday, although I would say we are ntnp right now. I haven't actually charted when /if Im ovulation now I just assume that its the same before on day 18 but Im quite curious to chart this month and just double check.

JKT- I'm kind of in the position where I really HAVE to wait, as I had a C-section with Hannah, and the recommended timing between babies is 18 months apart after the surgery, due to the risks. Well, because I'll be 35 (nearly 36) when we begin trying again, my doc gave us the green light to begin TTC when she's a year old. Otherwise, I think I'd probably would be pregnant by now with #2, even though Hannah's only 3 months old. LOL!!!

That's probably most sensible wooks you're not crazy like me lol!

I also have to wait since I had an emcs... Which is fine, because I don't think I want to ttc#2 until Bay is 2 or 3 years old. Mostly because I've had to babysit my niece and nephew at the same time and they are one year apart & I realized I just couldn't do it. It's overwhelming for me. I felt like all I did was run around frantically all day lol My personality is too mellow for all that. Yet, I don't want them too far apart in age though either! I want them to be close enough to play together, but I'm 30 next year so that's not too bad, but not a whole lot of time either! I also worry about finishing school and getting my MA, the whole career thing being delayed, etc. Oh well, there's never really a 'perfect' time to have kids anyways. There's always something! A big move, job, health issue, money issue, and on & on!

Just- are you BFing? I can't remember... But if you are, your cycles are probably wacky. Mine are way longer since I'm still BFing. I used to have about a 27 day cycle and now it's 38 days on average! I still get ewcm about 2 weeks before AF though! I have to say I like the cramps being less severe too. I had awful cramps before B and now they're mild!

I'm happy with my 3 year gap, as I'm finding the age Edie is at now the most challenging. 2 was an absolute doddle but 3 has been really hard work, so I'm thinking when Louis gets to this stage she will be 6 and hopefully a bit calmer. I couldn't manage a 2 and a half year old and a 3 and a half year old.

MrsM- The last time I watched my niece and nephew at the same time, they were 1 1/2 and 2 1/2.... Good grief, it was so chaotic! I have the utmost respect for sahms with small age gaps like that. Idk how they do it!

Wooks- I know there are ladies here with bigger time constraints than me with age, but I do worry with my mc history and I read your chance goes slightly up after 30 and significantly after 35. That's my only concern for time!

Yes tuckie unfortunately the facts are it does go up with age but you can def wait as you want to I'm sure! I'm 34 now so that really makes me want to keep trying until I at least get one sibling for Lexi, who by the way has started waving at us in the morning along with her gummy smile!! My heart melts!!!

I also watched them at 1 & 2 while I was 3rd tri preg with Bay and I was changing the 2 yr old's diaper and she kicked me hard right in the belly. I was terrified! I was also scared to lift her up because she was over 25 lbs :dohh: I survived though and Bay didn't come out with any dents!

Tuckie, that is so true...our eggs certainly don't age well like a fine cheese, do they? And with declining egg quality comes an increased risk of miscarriage. This thought really does cross my mind all the time. I wonder if I have the strength to go through more losses, and start on that rollercoaster all over again, after finally having Hannah?

^^ my motto is nothing ventured nothing gain but I did throw the opposite saying to that out of the window which was 'live by the sword, die by the sword' lol before I ventured on this pregnancy... Which i might live to regret lol!!

So true also, Fili! We'll never know unless we try! But really, to give Hannah a little sibling, would really be such a blessing for all of us...

i had a c section too that was my 2nd one too but it does take me a while to get pregnant thats my downfall cause i have pcos xxx

Oh man, I hope I didn't pull a 'Debbie Downer' on the thread!

I do worry about my aging eggs, but we all have comfort in having our rainbows, knowing that our bodies have actually produced healthy babies now and carried them so long. And I definitely want another eventually! I'm so in love with Bay and fili you are right, they do melt your heart with those smiles :)

Not trying to scare ppl off of short age apps either with my tales of horror in babysitting lol It is totally me. I'm an anxious person to begin with so I don't handle chaos well but I'm patient too so if I got preg by accident, I know I would survive. Moms do it everywhere all the time and they manage so don't listen to me!

Oh, I've thought about the short age gap thing. And I know that certain aspects of it will resemble a horror movie...I just tell myself that it is a short segment of our lives, and well worth it in the journey to make our family completel! LOL!

Haha Tuckie Im laughing at your "Debbie downer" comment! Its not at all, its just being honest and probably right! I think a close age gap does sound nice but no doubts about it must be very hard aswell! But it is true that there is probably no perfect or ideal time. I think you just need to get on with it and find a way to cope.
You also asked Tuckie if I breast feed, no I don't I have always formula fed. I find my cycles are varying between 28-32 days but last month was 26, so as much as Im saying they are back to normal they are still a bit varied but nothing drastic.

Im 31 but its not egg quality that plays on my mind but the fact that technically I only have one fallopian tube. Because I have two wombs each with a fallopian tube attached, its only my right womb that is full size and capable of holding a pregnancy. Im lucky that I fall pregnant quickly, or have done, but I always worry about the chance of an ectopic pregnancy etc that damages the tube.
I think we all have plenty of time ahead of us really, no real panic yet.

Whilst I was pregnant with Emelia I always said that I wanted to be pregnant very quickly again, but after she was born I decided that I was happy to wait a while and enjoy my year off with her without the worry etc.

A part of me is very relieved that Brad and I can just enjoy Hannah's first year, and not worry about the pressures of loss and TTC right now. Hell, we don't even have to :sex: when we don't want to. We can actually do it when we feel like, rather than out of necessity! LOL! It's kind of refreshing, really.

Wooks- that's hilarious!!! I always felt ttc took some romance out of dtd...as I'd run in the bedroom with an opk stick in one hand, stripping off my clothes & saying 'Let's go! Now!' Then the lovely part of putting your legs and hips up afterwards and 'marinating' on the bed for 20-30 mins :rofl:

Just- That must be hard on you that you have the extra worry of your double womb and one tube, but yes no time to panic. 31 gives you some time hun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->