Mums/Moms after Recurrent Losses (MARL) - Come join us!

congrats fili!!! do a ticker!!! i miss being pregs ;)

tuckie - D flips contantly too, I've given him their hairbrush and different toys but alot of times it doesn't work. he's quick at it and laughs alot of the time

stalking for your news too croy!

are you girls brushing their teeth yet? I keep forgetting but have hardly done it. dylan is easy, he opens his mouth and ready to go. ava is so hard, she clamps her mouth shut and turns away and fusses a ton. she is the same with giving medicine. dylan takes medicine like it's candy. she still has 8 teeth and I think a 9th and maybe 10th came through (so will be a row of 6 on top). those pointy teeth on top coming through and I think they are hurting her.

he still has 6 (2 are on top) but I think he's getting a molar or something. been giving him tylenol at night last 2 nights.

had 1 year checkup and we are waiting a month for the chicken pox and MMR shots. So nervous of those, they are live viruses!!!
amanda - did you give Delilah her shots yet for those?

Dylan is 30 inches, 22 lbs (4 lb 10 oz at birth)
Ava is 29 1/4 inches, 19 lbs 3 oz (4 lb 3 oz at birth)
so they are around 20th percentile for weight and a little over 50% percentile for height
their heads are pretty normal size too

mrsmig- loved the pics!

Hopeful they have grown so much that's so interesting. It's because they've go such a good mum. They are just lovely you must be so proud of them. Lexi is still an apple: 75th percentile weight and 25th length now :) (she grew!). She was so grumbly today because of he teething, she had Britt red cheeks and was just irritable which isnt like her. I gave her gel, powder through day and calpol before bed I don't want her to suffer when I have the meds! She's sleeping soundly now.

Thanks Hopeful. They are doing so well. It's hard brushing teeth when they are tiny. It doesn't get much easier as they get older either!
Preggo ladies, after having a baby you show so much quicker! All 3 of my pregnancies after Edie I was convinced I was having twins and with Louis and my second loss I was in maternity jeans at 6 weeks.

Is it ok to give calpol very night when teething really sets in?

is calpol like tylenol? if so, I think it's ok. but don't you call tylenol paracetamol over there?

OH - Ava got an awesome toy from my parents for her bday and it totally reminds me of you british girls!!!! it has a british accent! is it proper to say british or english?

https://www.toysrus.com/buy/girls-t...-laugh-learn-say-please-tea-set-n7121-3304530

also - for walkers - love this one. they don't really walk with it yet but it has 2 settings for slower or faster walking

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13148122&prodFindSrc=rv

it sucks because i don't get to work with them during the day on walking and stuff so I only have weekends. otherwise i think they would be further along with it.

They are lovely Hopeful! Either is correct for Fili and I but don't call Justkeeptryin English as she is Scottish (I think!) or Pups as she is Welsh!
Fili yes I think so but watch it doesn't upset her tum. Try powders or something too.

Hahahahahaha! Well accent's a funny one because there's massive variation in England alone and then there is the Welsh, Scottish and Irish accent. The toy would be like the Queen's English which is technically called Received Pronunciation or posh! But then there's other variations of posh or 'well- spoken'. I love that we have a massive range of accents in Britain but maybe we all sound English to you in America no matter how we group our accents here but I would think strong Irish, scots and welsh would stand out. Although there are very strong accents in regions of England too. I grew up in Lancashire (and that accent can be very strong) but have spent 16 years in the south of england now so my lancs accent is mostly lost but not all by any means. English accent is from England and 'British' groups us all: N.Ireland, Wales and Scotland and England. Does that sound right fellow British peeps? But we all speak English, however Wales still strongly promote their Welsh language which is a foreign language!

My northern accent got watered down after living in the south east for ten years but I've been home 11 years and its got stronger again. Edie sounds very Yorkshire!

I really like the Yorkshire accent! :). Hubs grew up in Cambridge and says 'barth' which drives me mad! I'm deffo a bath and laugh girl but it's less severe pronunciation. My sister sounds incredibly broad to me and sometimes Josh doesn't understand her :rofl: I always do though! It's all the dialect too: put 't'hole in't door!! (please do be so kind as to shut the door it's rather draughty!) LOL! Josh was like WHAT?!? :rofl:

I lived near Cambridge! We say some funny things too, like "mafted" if we are too hot!

I love your English/British accents!! I can tell the difference between Scottish, English, & Irish accents but all the English sounds the same to me (I can't pick up on the differences by region like you gals probably can!) I'm originally from Kentucky so I grew up with a Southern American accent (which I've heard Brits love to mock :haha:) I have lost a lot of it living in CA but people catch me with certain words and how I say "y'all" all the time!
I think Americans think Brits sound much more intelligent & sophosticated than us. DH and I joke that all you have to do in America to jack up the price of a product is have a British accent in the commercial. Like Dyson vacuums, we say things like "Dyson: you know it's worth more, because we are doing our commercials with a British accent" :haha:

Hopeful- great percentiles for A&D! I forget to brush B's teeth too. She hates me putting anything in her mouth that isn't edible. Hates having her nose cleaned and nails trimmed now too :dohh: maybe ill give her a hairbrush like you & Bumpy!

Super quick post. Sorry I haven't been around. Probably wont be much for a while. Leaving for vacation in 12 days and I have to get a ton of stuff done.

We had our 1 year appt. with the doc yesterday. Delilah is 20 lbs and in the 52nd percentile. She is 30 inches and in the 80th percentile. Head is in 53rd percentile. She was born 19.5 inches long and 5 lbs 2 oz. I'm so pleases she caught up to her full term peers. Jodi, Ava and Delilah aren't too far off. How interesting that the percentile are so different. I know boys and girls are different. No, the live viruses aren't given until 15 month visit. We had Hep A and pneumo-something. We also had her lead and iron levels checked. Both perfect! Here's to my vegetarian baby getting enough iron! We stopped the drops when she was a few months old. Got a referral to get her blood drawn to test for nut allergies. I'll probably take her next Tuesday.

Going to read back now. Getting a little sun while my sweet pea naps.

Fili a second congrats is in order! You must be over the moon! Can you remind me, did you ever have a hb with any other pregnancies aside from Lexi?

I need to buy Delilah a toothbrush. Doc reminded me yesterday. I also decided not to give her cows milk. She gets enough from cheese and yogurt. So mainly water and breastmilk for now. No more formula! Still nursing 2-3 times a day. Still no AF for me!

Tuckie, I sometimes give Delilah a bottle or cup of water in order to change her and clip her nails. She squirms so much!

Amanda- great to hear from you :) sounds like D had a great 1 year check up! Yay for her being average and above average! She was so small as a newborn and now she's getting so big! I think B will be the same. She was in 15 percentile last month. She went from 3 to 5 to 11 before that. Thanks for the tip about giving water for nail trimming. I've never really given B water. I once gave her watered down apple juice because it was super hot that day. She pees a ton all day and night so I think she's plenty hydrated but maybe I should start the odd water bottle too? She refuses to even try her sippy cup. I tried twice and it's the kind that's a 'trainer' cup for them to learn on and says 6months+ but she hated it! Where are you going for vacation this time? I'm jealous of all you vacationers on here!

Has anyone else noticed the lack of summer sleepwear for babies??? It's going to get really hot here again soon and I have a couple pairs of cotton shorts and some tank onesies and a bunch of short sleeve onesies but I'm surprised I hardly ever see summer sleepwear. Always long sleeves and long, footed sleepers...I let her play in a diaper during the day when it's really hot, but at night I don't like putting her down in just a diaper since it cools off.

Hey girls -

re: teeth - I have given Levi tylonol and Calpol (I got my mum to ship some from England!) and when he has a rough set of days in a row I give it to him every night. He still only has 2 teeth but his top four are all coming in they are huge lumps/bumps poor kid. He has been off his food because i think it hurts to eat :( I am not good at remembering to brush hs teeth but he loves to walk around with the brush so hopefully he is getting them every once in a while!! haha

Heart & Hopeful - All the babies are doing so great! Just think how little they were to start!! Crazy how far they have all come

Mrs M - Thanks for sharing about being in maternity jeans at 6 weeks, it makes me feel normal!!

afm - I got my results today and in my basic math I figured out I needed around 1500 but I was hoping for more like 1700 to put my mind at ease and Doc called to tell me it was over 2000!! Things are still growing. I will be 6 weeks on the 29th and I have a scan on the 1st in the evening to check for a heartbeat! Starting to get excited that this might actually work again! I am just feeling so different from the last time. By this time I was feeling terrible. I thought it was the meds but I am on the same stuff now and don't feel bad at all.

Croy and Fili,
YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Tuckie,
DH says y'all.

Heart,
Have a great trip.

Hi everyone else!!! Still making a home.

Quick post before bedtime! I'm back with Zoe from my in-laws, DH is staying for a couple of weeks because he's got a pretty good job. We had a wonderful time, but it's good to be back!!!

Fili: a heartbeat!!!! :Yipee:

Croy: Those are amazing numbers!!! You know, chances are this little bean will be Levi's little brother or sister:happydance:

Kat: Love the pic of Grey's new playground!!! He looks so small :)

I love British, Scottish and Irish accent!! But gotta say Scottish is my favorite:blush:. I keep wonderful memories from England and Scotland. I've never been to Ireland though.

Heart: Great news about D!!!! Tomorrow is Zoe's 5th month app; looking forward to see her growth chart!!

AFM...I have an another scan Friday afternoon, but couldn't wait so I used my doppler for the 1st time with this little bean...Heard a strong heartbeat of 166 bpm:happydance: It's such a beautiful sound:cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->