Mums/Moms after Recurrent Losses (MARL) - Come join us!

Davies...how did the scan go?

Amanda...massive :hugs: I'm so sorry to heat about your friend :cry:

JKT :saywhat: :haha: :wohoo: congrats hun and I won't lie, the first tri is just as worrying this time around as it was with Louis BUT it seems to have gone much quicker as I'm more occupied :hugs:

:hi: everyone else...

XxX

Thanks ladies scan was fabulous!! 12+4! One healthy bean due march 8th!!! Yay do happy xx

Brilliant news Davies, so glad it went well for you.

NSN, thanks. I agree with what you've said, if anything Im thinking it will go by quicker as so busy all the time and distracted with our babies already.

Heart, your right...56 is still not old at all. I don't think any of us would like to think that our lives would end at that age. The older you get, you realise just how young 40's, 50's and 60's are! Its awful.

Here he/she is!!

https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j377/daviess3/460E07BB-76BB-4535-85A2-0940B252000B-446-0000001BA4AE4837_zpsefff2aa9.jpg

Sorry I've been MIA, but school has started, and it's back to teaching for me! Busy doesn't even describe it!!!

But, I did want to pop in, and say "CONGRATS!!!!!!" to Just, and Abi!!!

Oh my goodness, I hope I get pregnant as easily as the rest of you seem to be, come December! Good luck to all of the preggos on here!

I think so to Amanda, but I will keep u all in suspense lol!! Not finding out!! I would love another girl, or boy doesn't really matter, healthy is right. I hope your feeling ok today, an I hope your friend has a lovely send off. I'm sure d will b a good girl to, I bet she will really behave normally they do for others!! Xx

Lovely scan picture Davies! I think its so exciting to stay team yellow, cant beat it at the end when they announce what you have in your arms!

Davies- what a beautiful scan pic. I also say team pink!

Just- major congrats. I remember you wanted to get through 1st tri before you get back to work so it sounds like its really perfect timing. I do hope it's less stressful for you this time around.

Heart- I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It's very sad and very sudden.
It's tough leaving the comfort of close friends and family and going back to the relative isolation of sahm. As much as I love being home with Eva I also find it very difficult at times. Have you got activities, or a mom group? Big :hugs:

Pad- that's a very long time with Dh away! It's soooo tough when they're gone... its not moaning to acknowlefge that. You are handling it beautifully.

Afm- Eva went on a spoon strike yesterday and decided she only wanted to eat what she could feed herself=(massive mess/ hungry baby). Today was a little better but not much. She does love her milk though so I'm not to worried. She's also turned into such an affectionate snuggler lately. She'll be playing and then just come zooming over, give me hug and rest her head on my chest... I just melt! I know it's and a side effect of separation anxiety but its absolutely adorable.

Wookie - I can only imagine how busy you are. Thank you for all your hard work. I don't think teachers get anything near enough thanks or appreciation in our world but it is truly one of the most influential and important jobs out there. Wishing you a fabulous and enjoyable year - and a sense of time to be with your family and especially your sweet girl too.

Davies - Beautiful pic!!! I am SO THRILLED for you!! I can never tell gender by those scans but I think girl too, just on a hunch - although I secretly wish you have a boy just because I am so in love with mine (and yes, I know I would say girl if I had a girl) :)

Sara - When they come to give you hugs it IS the best feeling in the world. Levi started running up behind me when I am sitting on the floor and hugging me. I just love it. I think its because it seems like the way the express affection, unprompted and just because they love us :)
I think little ones just go through phases with eating. Levi is trying to feed himself with a spoon now when h eats yogurt. Its REALLY messy but after a few weeks he seems to be getting better and I end up wearing less of it!! It takes forever for him to eat but I guess its all a learning process. I am dreading the next steps of drinking out of a cup without a lid and teaching him to use a spoon or fork and eat from a bowl. Something tells me that I will need some back up dinners because I am guessing that dumping the bowl will be considered a great new game! :)

Pad - I totally missed your post, I cannot imagine what it is like to have DH be gone do long! You are amazing! I throw it hissy fit when DH has to work away for a night or two! I hope you have a good system around you so that you do get a break every now and then. Its hard enough when there are two of you.

Kat - How are you doing, lovely?

afm - It has been grey and overcast here lots of rain which we haven't had in months - Not the Seattle I am used to. I thought it would be perfect timing to go to Costco and I did have a list to get there of things we have run out of but then when we came out it was a torrential downpour!! I had an umbrella in the diaper bag which Levi thought was hilarious but then loading him and the huge box of groceries into the car was hilarious. Levi laughed ad pointed at his reflection in the little backseat mirror we have for his carseat because there was water dripping off his nose and eyelashes!! ha ha

Have any of your little ones started a scowl face? Levi has this scrunched up brow face he does all the time now! Its funny but I hope that its not because I make that face to him!

Hope the rest of you ladies are doing well,

Croy owen makes that face too, all of a sudden, Dh told me it's a face I pull but it seems to be very common abut this age.

Davies Lovely scan pic.

Completely forgotten all I've read sorry

Bumpy, Owen is on 2x 200-250ml bottle (6-7oz?) One before bed and when he wakes up. he is on cows milk and has been since 12 months, I tested him out by just sneaking a cows milk bottle in every other day and then just switched, he never had any issues. I still feed him from a bottle and they are just washed not sterilized. I'll drop bottles as i drop feeds. it doesn't bother me he's not a dummy sucker and once he is finished a bottle I take it away, His teeth are brush twice a day so I'm not too worry about the tooth decay problems that they associate with bottle feeding.

Congrats to all the new preggo's too

Just popping in to say hi to you all - hope all is well! Davies so glad all is well! :yipee: xxxx

Ah thank u, how's u fili?

Thanks croy, I'm so happy if I have a boy for one of each but secretly would love two girls as I'm one of two girls! After everything though a healthy one still takes presidence! X

Davies...loving the scan pic :cloud9: mine was utterly crap quality and I was bummed about it :hissy:

XxX

Quick pop in...

Yay for all the good news. Looks like another round of rainbows all around for everyone.

Davies,
Great scan pic.

NSN,
Hopefully your next one is better.

Croy,
Thank goodness Levi was okay. I'm gating off the kitchen. All the fridge locks/cabinet locks/oven locks, etc... will make it so difficult for me to cook. I got a giant gate and hope it fits.

Heart,
Sorry you feel isolated and your friend passed away. Scary and sad. =(

AFM,
Got my IUD yesterday. Went through with it. Have cramps. Yuck. Now I know why people complain about their period. I have never had cramps and it sucks. I think we are going to be a family of 3. Grey is 4 handfuls and I feel complete for now. No one told me that you can cramp for weeks/months after IUD insertion. My dr. minimized this one. Just googled it. Hope that isn't me.

Hi to everyone else I might have missed. I'm reading, just not posting as much.

Kat, Im thinking the same as you and just keep the kitchen shut off by closing the door or getting a gate. To be honest Im not even doing very well right now with remembering to close the door. I think those safety locks are more hassle than their worth.

I had no idea that the IUD caused cramping. Your very lucky never to have suffered period cramps, I always got terrible ones but for some reason I don't get them half as bad post pregnancy.
Im sure it will settle down for you, its bound to be more sensitive as it has just been fitted.
Absolutely nothing wrong with being more than happy with a family of 3 aswell, you'll just spoil Grey all the more Im sure. Also its never a permanent decision if you ever change your mind a couple of years down the line, I guess you never know how you will feel.

We have both decided that we only want 2 children and Im thinking that's a good decision for us as its still affordable for family holidays etc down the line. I think if we had anymore it would be a struggle to enjoy things as much. Im going to have to go back to work in January for a couple of months and then be off on maternity leave again. Im dreading telling my work! After baby number 2 (all being well of course) I will only be able to go back to work part time as I think it will def. be too much trying to hold it all down and the cost of two nursery places etc.

I can totally understand that Just, I think family hols will be tricky with 3! However I do want 3 lol! I just feel like I need one more baby!!! I don't mind boy or girl but it would be nice to have a boy for no 3! I intend to try again one year after Lexi's sister is born haha! But then if we have a boy for number 3 then he might need a brother!! Oh dear!! :baby::baby::baby::baby: :rofl:

Kat- I had an iud - the cramping subsided after about 4-5 days. Afterwards I never knew it was there.
I think a family of 3 sounds lovely:)

Fili- one bean at a time:) but I do understand the impulse:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->