Mums/Moms after Recurrent Losses (MARL) - Come join us!

Hey thank you Hun how are you daringsory being Mia home life has bee so busy right now xxx

Madrid - sorry the docs ate stressing you out. Hoping this bubs keeps growing strong and you can ease I to second tri :)

Jenny - congrats on the bfp! So excited for you! How are you feeling? Are you on meds this time, I forget ifyou were with Kieran. Is dh excited?

I just got home from the rehearsal dinner for a wedding I am in tomorrow. I'm pooped! Hoping the long day tomorrow won't be too much. Ill need a weekend after this!
Levi has been super sick with teething and a cold with a nasty dose of croup thrown on. its his first time being sick enough I have had to take him to the doctor. We actually had to go in twice this week to get the medication for the croup to ease his breathing. Hoping we are coming out of ot now but he's going to be contagious for a little while more so we will be staying home and I'm going to try and be creative with activities to keep us both occupied!

thanks hun yes i was on them with kieran im having a few problems trying to get it sorted but hopefully it will be sorted tomorrow hun xxx

Croy so sorry to hear he's unwell!! It's so difficult to watch them suffer even if it's just a cold. Hope he'll feel better very soon though.
Try to have fun at the wedding!!!

Jenny were you on clexane? I'm on Fragmin (same but lower dose) & I've finally got my appointment in the post today but for the 12th November even though I'll run out if injections this Friday. I'm going to have to email them tonight so that maybe they can sort it tomorrow.

Hi everyone, hope everyone is doing well? I'm so tired now and busy taking lexi here there and everywhere I don't have time to breathe! I'm asleep by 7 every night lol... Living the high life! Love to all of you xxx

yeah i am on that hun im on 40mg of clexane and 400mg of progesterone 2x a day 1500mg of metformin 75mg of asprin 5mg of folic acid as well hun

been out and about all day im so tired who knew being pregnant having 2 kids would be tiring lol i have a scan booked for friday xxx

Hi ladies,

Jenny, congratulations, that's brilliant news.

Madrid, sorry to hear your doctors are being funny about your medication. make sure you get your fragmin sorted before you run out.
I know that my consultant is not in agreement with me being on progesterone as he dosent think it works and I had to more or less plead for it last year and now Im on it again this pregnancy. They have no problem giving me clexane as I do have borderline high clotting.

Croy, poor Levi being sick, its such ashame for them isn't it. Emelia is also suffering from a cold and a cough for the first time. She has been coughing in her sleep and crying with it so Im thinking it must be painful aswell. I hope you enjoyed your wedding.

Fili, I can relate to the tiredness although Im thinking that its slightly easing up for me now but to hear that you have it at 24 weeks Im guessing it must come back with avengeance.

I just made the dreaded phone call to my work there to tell them that I am pregnant , they just more or less laughed about it but Personnel are having to find out whether I am entitled to pay etc. second time around. They reckon that you have to be working for 3 months to get it.
Im technically finished up on maternity leave now and using annual leave which is good to get paid again. I actually return to work on 3rd January and will be physically working for Jan, Feb and March. So hopefully there will be no problem in me getting the same entitlements.
I cant believe how big my stomach is getting already, it dosent look defined pregnant yet but looks fat and it was back to being flat. It really is true that you start to show much sooner second time around.

Hey ladies,
Levi is doing much better. His cough has eased a bit but now I have his cold :(

Just - I hope that you can figure out the maternity leave, but it sounds like you will meet the criteria. I hope they can reassure you soon that it will work out. Would you be going back after number 2?

Fili - I totally relate! I am actually a little jealous you get to be in bed at 7pm. I wish I was able to be that disciplined! I know my body ad this sweet baby girl would appreciate it.

We spent the morning at the zoo with some friends. And I am catching up on crappy TV, eating some lunch and putting my feet up while Levi naps. I hope that we can take a walk out to the coffee shop later because I will need my fix!

Wishing all you beautiful ladies a very Happy Tuesday - Rest up when you can mamas xx

congrats Jenny!!!!

glad levi is better croy!

don't have time to read back but here's a cool website full of activities by age, I just looked at it for a few secs and registered on it, heard it's good!

www.productiveparenting.com

dylan has hand foot and mouth disease! got it from kid at daycare, just a few sores on front of tongue so hopefully that's it and ava doesn't get it. he screams ALOT because it hurts. so sick of the sicknesses at daycare affecting my kids as it's the only place they are around other people besides me and dh and with them being sick every weekend they can't even go out. supposed to go to my parents this weekend but who knows.

congrats Jenny!!!!

glad levi is better croy!

don't have time to read back but here's a cool website full of activities by age, I just looked at it for a few secs and registered on it, heard it's good!

www.productiveparenting.com

dylan has hand foot and mouth disease! got it from kid at daycare, just a few sores on front of tongue so hopefully that's it and ava doesn't get it. he screams ALOT because it hurts. so sick of the sicknesses at daycare affecting my kids as it's the only place they are around other people besides me and dh and with them being sick every weekend they can't even go out. supposed to go to my parents this weekend but who knows.

Thanks hun ,

i hope dylan gets better soonxxx

Hopeful, the hand -foot and mouth disease is common over here aswell apparently, one of my friends kids had it but its nothing serious, just sounds worse. I can imagine what you mean though about your kids getting sick whilst in nursery. People have warned me about that and said that they get every illness under the sun. You must get really fed up with it though if its one thing after rhe other and you cant even enjoy weekends together.

Croy, you asked if I'll go back to work after baby number 2. I will only go job share which is 2 days on and 6 off. Just assuming/hoping that they let me do that.
This time around I have had 14 months off which is great but if they let me go job share then I may even consider going back after 8 months or so for the sake of money.
Im jealous of your trips to the zoo, sounds like fun.

Sorry I've been MIA. Zoe is keeping me very busy :)

Hope: it is very common for kids to get it, but it's still no fun to have a sick child.

Fili: I totally relate, although I'm not smart enough to go to bed early:haha:

Croy: When's the wedding? As exhausting as it will probably be, I'm sure it'll be lots of fun :)

jenny: congrats on your bfp:happydance:

madrid: sorry about the docs giving you a hard time. But little bean is doing well; it's all what matters:winkwink:

Zoe is still standing and crawling everywhere, she's getting faster every day lol. And now she refuses to be spoon fed, except for pasta, yogurt and such. She'll only eat food with her fingers. So no more pureed food. It's a huge milestone, I just wasn't expecting it to happen so fast!! :) Funny because she's still got no teeth!! And she's back to 2 feedings a night these days, and lots of milk in the day, along with 3 meals a day. I'm thinking growth spurt.

Melfy someone gave me this tip to stop babies waking at night. Instead of milk give them water( boiled first like for formula) this should stop them from the waking habit

Just - Glad you can go back part time like that. Best of both worlds. As much as taking classes stresses me out I am thankful that I have something for myself that I can focus on a few hours a week. Still trying to figure out how many quarters I will take off after the baby, I am trying to find a balance between finishing in a timely manner and enjoying the early moments of parenthood.

Melfy - The wedding was last weekend. It was a lot of fun, but I was so sad not to be able to dance at the reception :( I was good though and sat on my behind the while time staying off my feet as much as possible after the busy morning and standing on my feet for the whole ceremony. It was a beautiful day and I was so very happy for them and to be a part of it but I was beyond tired at the end. Luckily, the in laws had Levi overnight so I could sleep in a little bt the next day. I was so tired I didnt even wake up to pee once, but the time 7am rolled around I thought I was going to explode! ha ha

afm - At our scan yesterday they picked up an irregular heartbeat. I have to go in soon for an echo cardiogram so the doctors can see more specifically whats going on. Praying that its nothing serious. My doctor says its very likely to be nothing or at the worst something that she will grow out of but still its scary.

Dressing Levi up as a pumpkin and taking him to hubby's work later - assuming he naps on schedule. Although because we have somewhere to go he probably won't. Cheeky begger :)

Just - Glad you can go back part time like that. Best of both worlds. As much as taking classes stresses me out I am thankful that I have something for myself that I can focus on a few hours a week. Still trying to figure out how many quarters I will take off after the baby, I am trying to find a balance between finishing in a timely manner and enjoying the early moments of parenthood.

Melfy - The wedding was last weekend. It was a lot of fun, but I was so sad not to be able to dance at the reception :( I was good though and sat on my behind the while time staying off my feet as much as possible after the busy morning and standing on my feet for the whole ceremony. It was a beautiful day and I was so very happy for them and to be a part of it but I was beyond tired at the end. Luckily, the in laws had Levi overnight so I could sleep in a little bt the next day. I was so tired I didnt even wake up to pee once, but the time 7am rolled around I thought I was going to explode! ha ha

afm - At our scan yesterday they picked up an irregular heartbeat. I have to go in soon for an echo cardiogram so the doctors can see more specifically whats going on. Praying that its nothing serious. My doctor says its very likely to be nothing or at the worst something that she will grow out of but still its scary.

Dressing Levi up as a pumpkin and taking him to hubby's work later - assuming he naps on schedule. Although because we have somewhere to go he probably won't. Cheeky begger :)

hun try not to worry , i was born with a heart murmur but grew out of it xxx

croy: glad you had fun at the wedding :) A very good friend of ours is getting married the day before my due date lol!! But unless I'm in the actual process of pushing the baby out, we'll go!!!:haha:

Good luck for your next scan, I'm sure it's nothing serious, but we all hate the worrying part:hugs:

wish me luck girls scan day tomorrow to make sure the pregnancy is in the right place and hopefully get a better idea of how far on i am im nervous , feeling terrible got awful vertigo at the moment as the doctor is weaning me off my antidepressants which i think is a side effect from it its horrible if i get up too quick then i feel like im gonna fall over xxx

Good luck Jenny, keep us posted.

Croy, Sorry to hear you have another worry, Im sure it will be fine but I know what its like you will worry until you know more. I also know its common for babies that have been born with heart murmurs and irregular heartbeats to grow out of it.
Also my husbands aunt went in for an operation last year and they picked up at the time that she had an irregular heartbeat and she has never even known about it and she is 50!
Fingers crossed, its nothing concerning.

Melfy, Im the same...one of my best friends is getting married next year the week before Im due so Im actually hoping that this baby comes early again just like Emelia so I can go to the wedding and enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->