Mums/Moms after Recurrent Losses (MARL) - Come join us!

Hi ladies,

Croy, Im sorry to read that your having a worrying time with contractions. Im no expert and not trying to freak you out or worry you more but I'd read that ibuprofen is a big no during pregnancy and can cause miscarriages and problems. Lots of research has been done on this. I wonder why your doctor is recommending you take this, its a difficult one as he must have reasons but as soon as you type in google lots of warning come up on this.
I really hope the contractions settle down, this is the last thing you need. Take care.

Tuckie, your party plans sound great and how cute are those invites, I love them. It will be fun having the games if there are other kids there. Do you know what your getting Bay for her birthday gifts? Like she dosent already have everything Im sure...we just cant help but buy.

Im so busy this week planning Emelia's first birthday on Sunday. We're having a party in the house but with family alone its 25-30 people so we cant even say to friends. That's definitely the down side to winter birthdays that you cant just have a big garden party.
Im not having a theme so to speak but just planning lots and lots of balloons and banners and decorations, it will probably be over the top but who cares haha.
Also going to have finger foods and cakes and planning on ordering in pizzas and curries as I don't want any stress of standing at the oven cooking hot food. Im dreading the clearing up though.

Sara, that is so lovely if your having a boy this time. Im was so curious as to whether you would seeing as you've been more sick and generally different this time. How is your sickness now? has it eased up?
I still feel ill in the mornings but getting a bit better.
Sounds like good advice Davies has given you on travelling with Eva.

Davies, I bet you had a heart attack when you seen Lexi standing on the table like that. I absolutely love that picture of your two babies, Lexi and the dog. OMG I thought my labradoodle was big but your St. Bernard is huge, she must eat you out of house and home.
Its great to see kids and dogs together isn't it, yours looks a big gentle giant just like mines.

Madrid, Im not back at work until January but I phoned my work last week and my manager just laughed but you know yourself that there will no doubt be some comments about returning to work pregnant. Hope all is well at your clinic appointment.

Pad, that is a long time that your husband has been away, it must be hard for him aswell to be away from Leo for so long and you must be doing a wonderful job by yourself. Will he be home for long when he gets home in December?

Jenny, I haven't seen any updates from you, I hope your scan went well, let us know.

Eventually found my camera and finally putting a Halloween picture on along with my two babies aswell haha...
https://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/819/k4qd.jpg
https://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/820/nn8i.jpg
https://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/4/lzuj.jpg
https://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/513/j0xu.jpg

Fantastic picture Just! Emelia is beautiful. Hope everyone is doing ok.

Just- Great pics! Sounds like you're going to have a blast for Emelia's b'day. My sickness has eased up substantially, thanks. Still quite tired, but feeling better every day.

Croy- Honey, I'm so sorry to hear you're having such a tough time of things. I hope the ibuprofen works and you don't have to go it to be monitored. I know even the best in laws can be tough, but you need to get off your feet. Do you have a friend who could help out instead while your dh is away?
Many many :hugs:

Davies- Love the pics!! Especially the one with Lexi and your lovely pup. Your bump is barely there...but I seem to remember you carrying quite compactly with Lexi too!
Thanks for all the tips. We're flying BA in business so hopefully she'll crash in the flatbed on the London-NY leg. I'm also faintly concerned they're going to lynch me for bringing a toddler into business class but whatever

Hey there Mismig :hi: how are you

hey girls sorry for mia i had my scan friday and it didnt look good they sent me for bloods as they thought it was ectopic
beta 1 522 progesterone 74.8 beta 2 876 i then went for a scan today to see whats changed as they couldnt see anything on friday and hey ho everything is fine there is a slight chance it is twins but cant be sure until next scan xxxx

1457496_10153431558540338_548579206_n.jpg

im shattered will catch up properly tomorrow xxx

Oooo I love the photos everyone! Davies what a great scan pic... love love it!

Jenny that looks just like Leo's scan pic at that stage (he was 6w 6d) - I have even attached it so you can see! So pleased everything looks OK!

Just Emelia is lovely! I love seeing photos of all our rainbows!

Congratulations on Team Blue Sara!!

Croy so sorry this is all going on.... I say get all the monitoring you can and if you are concerned head to your Dr again and again and again!

Madrid hope all goes well at the clinic x

Tuckie it is hard isn't it.... but would we change it... no way! Plus we get all the cuddles as well as the sleepless nights lol. Leo fell asleep in my arms last night and I really couldn't bring myself to put him down so he slept in bed next to me lol. :cloud9:

Leo is teething for England at the mo... a total drool monster!

Attachments

• 6w 6d.jpg
    6w 6d.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20131015_125159.jpg
    IMG_20131015_125159.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 4
Pad, Leo is so cute, just look at that little face, it makes everything worthwhile dosent it.

Jenny, I think that's the downside of early scans if they are too early, I think they've got to be done at the earliest 6 weeks + as they can end up worrying you unnecessarily. That's great that its looking to be well and not ectopic, why are they thinking its twins? are they high numbers? Im not too clued up on that...just curious.

MrsM, I hope your well, I remember the last you posted you were having a crap week!

Croy, I hope your doing ok, let us know how you are

Hi Just, Sara, everyone, yes thanks I'm good. So pleased to see you are ok. Pad I got all excited seeing that scan pic next to the pic of Leo, I thought you were the next one to be pregnant again! Jenny I'm so pleased everything is ok.
Croy I hope you are ok.
Fili, Heart, Hopeful, Davies, Lee, Rapt, Madrid and all you lovely ladies hi. Sorry I don't get on here much. Planning Edie's 4th birthday party for this Sunday so that means it's Eva's birthday next Wednesday isn't it Sara? How exciting!
Louis is doing great, sleeping well, eating well, cruising around the room, loves playing with cars and saying brrrrum brrrrum when he plays with them! He can also say Edie as well! I thought it was coincidence at first but he definitely says "Eee-di" when he sees her. I suppose it's a nice easy name for him to get to grips with!

hey well they are not sure that below there is another sac they want to wait till next scan to be sure on what it is and the fact my progesterone level is almost double what it should be for first trimester xxx

hey well they are not sure that below there is another sac they want to wait till next scan to be sure on what it is and the fact my progesterone level is almost double what it should be for first trimester xxx

Ah right I see, so your progesterone level is almost double, I wouldnt have known that! Could you imagine its twins. A girl that my husband knows had two boys just like you and then just had twin girls a couple of months ago...she's had to buy some sort of people carrier to get around.

We'll all be intrigued to hear next week how you get on at your scan.

Hi everyone, hope your all well, its been very quiet on here lately. Im just logging in quickly as had a great but exhausting day with Emelia's first birthday party. I cant believe my baby is 1, it feels like yesterday that we brought her home from hospital. Just some pics of my little birthday princess, she was so good and loving all of the attention today
https://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/708/kptk.jpg
https://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/823/z3n9.jpg
https://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/22/9gnw.jpg
https://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/62/mlri.jpg
https://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/855/ewkg.jpg

Hi Claire!

Jenny- would he great to be twins! My prog was around 200 but high betas too, could totally be twins!

Sara- did I tell u congrats on a boy? Meant to, just read a lot of times and don't post.

Pad- cute pic!

Croy- hope u r ok! Take all the help u can get as u should rest and not feel guilty about getting help. I think having people help is hard to do, I don't like to ask for it. But wish I had it! ;)

Just - Such sweet pics of your birthday girl! Time flies, doesn't it?!

Sara - I missed your blue announcement! Congratulations. I cannot say enough about how sweet my cutie is. He is totally in a mamas boy phase right now and I secretly love it! How are you feeling?

Jenny - Twins?!! That would be crazy, and fabulous at the same time. When do you find out? That feels like big news to wait for. How are you feeling?

Hopeful - Thanks for the encouragement. I am trying to be better at asking for help. Hubby goes away next week for work for 5 days and I am already dreading it. Need to get some help scheduled. I am sure his parents will love to be here to help :)

Heart - I cannot believe all you have on your plate right now. I am praying you find the perfect place for your family to live, renting or buying, I hope you can feel like you find "home". How stressful!! Wishing you sanity and peace in all the transition.
afm - the scan we had still showed her having a heart arrhythmia. Its every 6-10 beats that seems to do a little double flip thing. The doctor said it could still right itself on its own, and even could fix its self after she comes out and starts breathing on her own. They are not overly worried but they want me to go in to be checked every 2 weeks at my doc to listen for it, and every 4 weeks going to the cardiologist for full scans to make sure its not getting worse. As long as it doesn't get worse they wont do anything.
I wish it would just go away, I am praying it does. I hate to think that she might be suffering :(

Levi is getting busier and busier. He seems to have entered a phase of separation anxiety. The first we have really experienced. I got called out of MOPS last week because he was so upset, I thought it was just the time change messing him up because it was only a couple of days after daylight savings so he was super tired, but then today we got called out of church because he was crying in nursery. They ladies there are so sweet and he knows them so I know it had to be bad for them to call us. I hope its a short phase, I hate to think hes sad but I don't want to stop doing things that mean he is in nursery. It doesn't happen very often but he has always been so happy to stay and play with other kids.
Any advice to help him adjust?

I also totally forgot to celebrate hitting 24 weeks last week. We are 25 now, but still, 24 seems like a big deal :)

Hi to all you other lovelies too

Hopeful, yes Emelia loved her bday cake and her cream dress actually stayed cream. We're left with lots of bday cake left and its the last thing I need in the house, just too tempting.

Croy, congrats on passing 24 weeks, it def a big milestone. That sucks that the baby still has an arrhythmia but it sounds very hopeful that it will correct itself or at least not get any worse. Poor Levi being unsettled just now, hopefully just a short lived phase.

hey thanks girls im back next wed for another scan i have been having a hard time with the gp at the moment and battling vertigo i ended up in out of hours last night cause i felt awful and it turns out i have fluid in both my ears left side being the worst it will just go on its own i hope so cause i feel terrible with it

how is everyone its quiet in here xxx

Jenny, I can sympathise with your vertigo...its an awful feeling. I got labyrinthitis 4 years ago when I got back from my honeymoon, just sheer vertigo and off balance and felt so ill and nauseaus. Its also an inner ear disorder. It flared up again in April this year and takes a good 6 weeks to clear up.

I never realised how ill inner ear disorders can make you. I hope it clears up soon for you.
Good luck for your next scan!

thanks darling its horrible honestly i rather have all day sickness than this tho i must admit touch wood i am feeling slightly better still not 100% though ive been in bed all day as hubby has two days off so im resting as much as i can and doing the exercises i looked up online hows things darling are you ok xxx

thanks darling its horrible honestly i rather have all day sickness than this tho i must admit touch wood i am feeling slightly better still not 100% though ive been in bed all day as hubby has two days off so im resting as much as i can and doing the exercises i looked up online hows things darling are you ok xxx

Take advantage of that whilst your husband is off, just relax in bed.
Im doing fine thanks, I thought I was starting to feel a bit better in the mornings and less sick but this morning I feel quite nauseaus again, should pass soon.

Super quiet in here lately... lots of busy busy mommies!
Hope everyone's doing ok.

Eva celebrated her 1st birthday on wed and even though we kept things relatively small, we had a blast. She was quite aware that all the fuss was for her benefit and was really preening with all the attention.
I'm frantic preparing for our trip to the States... we leave on Wed. I'm super excited and nervous too about such a long time on the plane without backup.
On the pregnancy side we got the tests results back from the trisomy blood test and this boy is perfectly healthy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->