Mums/Moms after Recurrent Losses (MARL) - Come join us!

Thanks guys I'm very happy :) I kinda think it would he hard for me to adjust to having a girl so kind of relieved. Although the family all wanted a girl but I'm very eexcited I went out and brought a few little bits for him lol

Abi - Glad you are happy with your third little man. I am sure that buying a few bits helps you get even more excited. Shopping helps me :) ha ha.
How was Noah's birthday?

Just - We have the single city mini too, but its orange. We got it on a crazy sale when I was pregnant. I am excited about the new stroller but I need to practice with it - adding the second seat and folding it up. I whipped up the city mini with one hand into the trunk after we had been at the mall the other day and I thought to myself, "I'm going to miss this"!

We have started to think about getting a new car. HUbs has a small very old Jetta that he takes to the park and ride and we have a Civic that we got when I started driving but with 2 carseats in the back it would be full. I think we will be heading to minivan land.

We woke up to snow this morning!!! It's gone now but I took Levi out early this morning, when he was still in Jammies, to play in it :) He loved it.
I wrote a blog post here with a couple of cute pics of my big guy.

He is still struggling at night every couple of nights. It's exhausting. And frustrating because the good nights are really good! Why can't it be like that every day? UGH!

Noahs birthday was lovely although he didn't open.any of his presents his big brother enjoyed opening them for him though lol

:hi:

Can't believe it's almost Christmas:wacko:

Croy: I'm okay with snow, but we keep getting more and more lol. And now it's snow AND freezing rain at the same time. Shh I need a break:haha:

Abi: Congrats on team blue again :) And happy birthday Noah!!

Just: Congrats on team blue as well!! OH is happy that we're having another girl, but I think he's worried about being overwhelmed by all the girly stuff:haha:

Zoe is doing great; her cold is finally over, and her 2 upper teeth came out, and DH thinks he can feel 2 more top teeth making their way out as well. It took forever to get 2 teeth but now she's on fire:haha:

AFM...think I've started to lose small parts of my mucus plug (no blood in it though). I know it doesn't mean anything though. Yesterday morning I woke up and there was blood in my underwear (pink/brown). Not alot, like a tablespoon, so I didn't bother calling L&D. It only happened that one time. Haven't had sex or anything, so not sure where it came from:shrug: Maybe it's just my cervix starting to thin out...who knows. I've also read it could be my bloody show:shrug: With DD I only had 2-3 episodes of tiny pink spots on toilet paper, and my water ended up breaking 10 days later.

Oooh melfy. Sounds like a show :) could be the beginning :) Xxx good luck xxx

Abi, A happy belated birthday to Noah, I can imagine he dosent even get a look in when theres an older brother to open his presents haha.

Jenny, that is exciting that Keiran has took some steps, Im still patiently waiting for Emelia to walk aswell, she spends all day on her feet holding onto things but just too scared to let go and when she does its like a run she does when Im right in front of her.

Melfy, I seriously cant believe you are 36 weeks...wow.. it does indeed sound like mucus plug, I lost a large jelly plug thing at 32 weeks and worried that labour was around the corner but I carried on until 37 weeks when my waters broke.

Croy, such cute pics of Levi in the snow, we actually have very mild weather just now foor this time of year, its horrible rain and wind, I wish it would get a bit colder and frostier for Christmas.

:hi: everyone

It's been an age since I have been able to post on my own journals let alone in here so I will do a quickie :haha:

Just....huge congrats on a healthy boy...I have to say as a nanny I much preferred boys and as a mommy they are just the best. Don't replace the stuff you have...he won't know any different :winkwink:

Croy...congrats on team :pink: and so pleased her heart thing has cleared up :flower:

Heart....miss you around here but understand. Shit about that shooting and also being threatened with eviction...hope you manage to do your exams and find a house if you do have to move :hugs:

Wookie...congrats to you too...how're you doing?

Hopeful...loving the pics on and video on FB...how are you doing? Hubby behaving?

Tuckie....being kept busy with B? :hugs:

Bumpy...you ok mrs? How is the little man?

I know I have forgotten peeps sorry :dohh:

AFM....Louis finally started walking just before 16 months (almost three weeks ago) and is still not saying words but jabbering away which is cute. Got his four molars through and waiting for the pesky canines next as he has got a runny nose and is chomping on his fingers again :dohh:

I am 32 weeks today :shock: having weekly BP checks as had PE before, having scans every three weeks (sure I saw a willy on one of them!) and getting emotional as well as nervous about a new baby.

Hope everyone is ready for Christmas, Louis shouted at santa :haha:

Lots of love

XxX

Hi NSN, Im amazed at you being 32 weeks, some of you ladies are really far on now and going to have babies in no time!
I appreciate your view on boys, that's what I like to hear.
I wonder if your going to have another boy if you reckon you saw a "middle leg" at one of your scans haha

Hey ladies!!

Tracie - SO GOOD to see you!! How are you? Are you ready for Christmas? I am sure little lady is getting very excited! I hope you are doing well.

Melfy - OMG I cannot believe it looks like something is starting - eek!! Keep u posted.

NSN - I cannot believe you are so close to meeting baby :) I am so happy that Louis started walking, amd totally jealous that he just did. Levi has been getting into things for months because he walked early! Hoping this little lady will be slower on the move! And I hear you on the teething, poor Louis, Levi is suffering too. He has some of the back teeth and the front 4 on top but on the front 2 at the bottom. I am really hoping they come in soon because I really think some of his disturbed nights are because he is uncomfortable. Plus the drooling is gross :) ha ha

Just - I wonder if Emilia is waiting to take her first steps at Christmas so she knows you will have the camera ready :) ha ha. We loved the snow. It looks like it will be a wet and miserable Christmas here rather than anything close to snow for the actual day. I hope if its rainy it will at least be dark. I like to feel cosy and stay in jammies as much as possible. We are going to my inlaws which is fun but this year they invited some friends so it won't be quite as relaxing because i don't know them and its just not the same dynamic when there are extra people around but I am glad that we can give them a place to be for Christmas I just kinda wish it was just the family. In years to come I would like to host here so I can have a bit more say in some of the details. I am a bit of a type A and so my MIL and I get along fine but she likes to be in charge at her house :) I thin kw will be passive aggressivley fighting to fill Levis

talk more later -- have to head out

Jenny - I love the videos of Kieran walking! He is such a cutie. I

I called L&D and they told me to come in (mainly because I'm 36 weeks). I was having some contractions, but some IV fluid helped. I'm 1.5 cm dilated, so I could go into labor tonight...or in 3 weeks:dohh:

So sorry I had to cut off so quickly, we were heading out to friends and I lost track of the time and hubby was getting antsy so I didn't want to put him in a mood before we even left the house :)

Oce we got there and ate it was all good :) Low blood sugar can turn my sweet hubby into a grump!

Anyway, as I was saying...
Jenny - so exciting about Kieran walking. He is such a cutie. Is he getting into stuff yet? We have had to explore some good baby proof options. We have toilet locks and cupboard/drawer locks. I have a door handle lock on the one going to the garage too so he can't escape. Have tried a few options for the knobs on the stove because he is a fiddler but so far, they have all been rubbish and he has pulled the covers right off - thinking its hilarious, of course! Stinker.

NSN - same with Louis, is he getting into stuff?

How much baby-proofing have you all done? I was determined not to do too much but we have put these things in place after it wasn't worth our sanity to pull his hands or anything else he happened to be holing out of the toilet - or having to tidy up plies of paper plates every day when he pulled them out of the cupboard and threw them all over. I am not an uninvolved parent, but I swear he can get into things in a split second, not to mention the damage he would do if I took time to go to the bathroom! He slowly getting better but geesh its bee busy.

Melfy - AAArgh! Hoping that baby comes at the perfect time. I am sure they will :) How are you feeling?

We are struggling with Levi learning to pee on command now, I think I mentioned befroe how we had sat him on the potty and he realised he could make himself pee which is great, but tonight after his bath I was a few seconds from getting his diaper on and he got his concentrating face and all of a sudden hes peeing!! On and on! I couldn't get the diaper on fast enough or get things out of the way to avoid the shower!! Its a while new game for us too because he never really did that as a baby, like I know a lot of baby boys do. Oh well, I guess we have to help him channel his pee energies by putting him on the potty more times through the day.

We had a fun afternoon with friends today, their house can be crazy because its about 800 squarefoot on the main level and they have boys aged just over 3 and just over 2 and then boy girl twins who are 8 months. Plus a great dane! When Levi was little he would just be overwhelmed to be there for too long. Now he loves to play with the older boys, its cute but its also hard because he is not good at sharing and I always feel like the worst parent when he snatches or melts down when he doesn't get what he wants, and also the older boys play rough, like way rougher than I would let him play usually, jumping on beds and couches and leaping around - so many people in such a small space and it always leads to tears and bumps. Today Levi took a nose dive off one of the boys toddler beds so he has a nice bump on his head for Christmas pics this year :) Boys!

Its starting to get harder to be out with our friends when we seem to parent differently from many of them. I feel as though we give Levi a lot of space to roam free at home, but he has rules and boundaries we teach him to follow. Any words of wisdom about navigating different parenting styles when in other peoples homes - I have no problem asking kids not to stand on my couch or to as people to take off shoes by the door or not run or whatever it is in my house, but in someone elses house I want to respect their rules while also keeping Levi safe and letting him know that he is not to jump on the couch with shoes on, for example.

Feeling huge and so ready for Christmas to be here! I am so excited for Levi to open his presents. Both sets of grandparents, plus aunties and uncles, not to mention friends, have just nailed his gifts this year - I thin I need to get rid of all the toys he currently plays with because otherwise I am not sure where they are all going to go, but he is a blessed little man.

Are you all ready?

Hey ladies!!

Tracie - SO GOOD to see you!! How are you? Are you ready for Christmas? I am sure little lady is getting very excited! I hope you are doing well.

Melfy - OMG I cannot believe it looks like something is starting - eek!! Keep u posted.

NSN - I cannot believe you are so close to meeting baby :) I am so happy that Louis started walking, amd totally jealous that he just did. Levi has been getting into things for months because he walked early! Hoping this little lady will be slower on the move! And I hear you on the teething, poor Louis, Levi is suffering too. He has some of the back teeth and the front 4 on top but on the front 2 at the bottom. I am really hoping they come in soon because I really think some of his disturbed nights are because he is uncomfortable. Plus the drooling is gross :) ha ha

Just - I wonder if Emilia is waiting to take her first steps at Christmas so she knows you will have the camera ready :) ha ha. We loved the snow. It looks like it will be a wet and miserable Christmas here rather than anything close to snow for the actual day. I hope if its rainy it will at least be dark. I like to feel cosy and stay in jammies as much as possible. We are going to my inlaws which is fun but this year they invited some friends so it won't be quite as relaxing because i don't know them and its just not the same dynamic when there are extra people around but I am glad that we can give them a place to be for Christmas I just kinda wish it was just the family. In years to come I would like to host here so I can have a bit more say in some of the details. I am a bit of a type A and so my MIL and I get along fine but she likes to be in charge at her house :) I thin kw will be passive aggressivley fighting to fill Levis

talk more later -- have to head out

Jenny - I love the videos of Kieran walking! He is such a cutie. I

I'm good Thankyou! Yes all ready and izzy is majorly excited. We're baking mince pies fr Santa today hehe.
I think I might move back in here soon, and back onto PARL :flower:
How's you?
Xxx

melfy - maybe you will be a xmas baby! ? how exciting. how are you feeling today?

tracie- hi and welcome back! are you pregs too?

NSN - you are getting close too, need to stalk your journal again. love reading your updates. things are so/so with dh....

croy - i need to put a link to your journal in my phone again (bookmarks) i did on my previous phone :) that's funny about your friends and all those kids and dog in a smaller space. my dogs are gated in the kitchen/family room where we have no couch as they destroyed it, just an unused TV in the corner, we let the kids in there ONLY after putting the baby locks on cabinets and gating off the fireplace but they love it in there.
so the kids really only get 345 sq ft of the rest of the first floor to play in as our main level is around 800 sq ft too. can't wait until they are a bit older and can get rid of all gates except for stairs. it's just too much chaos with 2 jack russels and 2 toddlers. i bring them upstairs to the loft (which is around 8ft by 11ft) plus the hallway and have a toy are up there. what i wouldn't give for a 4000 sq ft house! mine is 1850 plus an unfinished basement.

totally hear ya about getting rid of all toys and replacing with new! i wrapped about 30 presents last night, only a few were for dh/my mom and the dogs). but it's so much fun and easy to buy stuff, esp on amazon.

sounds like you want levi to have more structure and some of your friends are fly by night with wild kids :) that's tough and i understand where you are coming from. don't know if there is a whole lot you can do though? the kids at daycare have rules which is nice as they learn from that. actually - now that I think of it, almost a year ago i had my cousins over and they have 5 kids who are WILD. they kinda just took over and not much we could do...

had 18 mo appts last week. they are both 70% height and 15% weight so still tall n skinny (she was around 21.5 lbs, he is around 23 lbs and I think they were 32 and 33 inches?). the dr said from now until they are 2 or 2.5 will be the most tantrums as they can't fully talk yet and they don't really learn how to share until 3 I think she said? omg. yeah. dylan has alot of tantrums, ava is better about it but they fight over toys and stuff. I can't wait until they can talk and tell us what is making them mad.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to everyone! we are just staying home with the kids as dh has to work tomorrow. going to my parents on saturday. went to dh's moms last saturday, the kids are starting to understand opening presents. at daycare they are taught to not rip paper (like in books) so they get cautious about ripping open presents :) still have to get presents for my bro, niece & nephew (will be money) and my dad. so hard to shop for people! bro wants clothes but that's hard to get too, he runs an auto body shop in my tiny home town, maybe flannels?

Oh, I live in a tiny home...it's only about 1100 sq ft, plus an unfinished basement, and a tiny wierd bedroom upstairs. The rest of the upstairs is an unfinished attic. Once Hannah is around 8 or so, we're going to redo that upstairs room, but at first, she and sibling will have to share their room.

melfy - maybe you will be a xmas baby! ? how exciting. how are you feeling today?

tracie- hi and welcome back! are you pregs too?

NSN - you are getting close too, need to stalk your journal again. love reading your updates. things are so/so with dh....

croy - i need to put a link to your journal in my phone again (bookmarks) i did on my previous phone :) that's funny about your friends and all those kids and dog in a smaller space. my dogs are gated in the kitchen/family room where we have no couch as they destroyed it, just an unused TV in the corner, we let the kids in there ONLY after putting the baby locks on cabinets and gating off the fireplace but they love it in there.
so the kids really only get 345 sq ft of the rest of the first floor to play in as our main level is around 800 sq ft too. can't wait until they are a bit older and can get rid of all gates except for stairs. it's just too much chaos with 2 jack russels and 2 toddlers. i bring them upstairs to the loft (which is around 8ft by 11ft) plus the hallway and have a toy are up there. what i wouldn't give for a 4000 sq ft house! mine is 1850 plus an unfinished basement.

totally hear ya about getting rid of all toys and replacing with new! i wrapped about 30 presents last night, only a few were for dh/my mom and the dogs). but it's so much fun and easy to buy stuff, esp on amazon.

sounds like you want levi to have more structure and some of your friends are fly by night with wild kids :) that's tough and i understand where you are coming from. don't know if there is a whole lot you can do though? the kids at daycare have rules which is nice as they learn from that. actually - now that I think of it, almost a year ago i had my cousins over and they have 5 kids who are WILD. they kinda just took over and not much we could do...

had 18 mo appts last week. they are both 70% height and 15% weight so still tall n skinny (she was around 21.5 lbs, he is around 23 lbs and I think they were 32 and 33 inches?). the dr said from now until they are 2 or 2.5 will be the most tantrums as they can't fully talk yet and they don't really learn how to share until 3 I think she said? omg. yeah. dylan has alot of tantrums, ava is better about it but they fight over toys and stuff. I can't wait until they can talk and tell us what is making them mad.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to everyone! we are just staying home with the kids as dh has to work tomorrow. going to my parents on saturday. went to dh's moms last saturday, the kids are starting to understand opening presents. at daycare they are taught to not rip paper (like in books) so they get cautious about ripping open presents :) still have to get presents for my bro, niece & nephew (will be money) and my dad. so hard to shop for people! bro wants clothes but that's hard to get too, he runs an auto body shop in my tiny home town, maybe flannels?

Cautiously yes :baby:

omg congrats tracie :D

croy yes its been a nightmare at the moment he is into everything my tree is trashed i will redo it tonight lol , hes getting there he's still quiet lazy crawls alot more than walks he will get himself up from sitting to standing in the middle of the floor he is crazy lol

this pregnancy has been draining i cant wait to have hubby home for christmas he was supposed to be off today but he is in work boooo got my next scan on monday i cant wait , been listening to hb on the doppler its great such a comfort i was having cramps last night like i needed to go eventually i did and felt better xxx

Hi ladies, its very quiet on here lately. I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and New Year!
I started back work yesterday which felt very strange, partly felt like I'd never been away but at the same time quite overwhelming. That was 14 months that I had off and def. harder to go back the longer you are off I reckon. Its keeping me going that I only have to work 3 months so I cant complain.
My mum watched Emelia from 1pm until 6pm when my husband finished work and picked her up, I asked how he got on and he said so so...when he got her home she had a dirty nappy so he had to get her changed straight away, he got her cleaned up and left her lying on the floor whilst he quickly ran to her bedroom to get a vest and by the time he got back Emelia was sitting in a pile of pee on the livingroom floor splashing her hands through it haha..I think the biggest shock is going to be for him coping without me so much, couldn't help but find it rather amusing!
Emelia's still not walking but does stand on her feet all day long and is doing absolutely everything except take steps, Im getting very impatient for it now.

On the pregnancy side of things, Im keeping well thankfully and I cannot believe how strong the movements and kicks and punches are this time around, its 10 times more powerful than what I had with Emelia, Im guessing because I don't have an anterior placenta. I've been picking up some nice blue things in the Sales aswell, little sleepsuits and bibs etc.

Hey ladies hope you all had a fab Xmas and New year ? We had a lovely time noahs crawling around now he has only just started at 1 year old he is being lazy lok

As for pregnancy everything's going.well 19 week'. Today and got my scan next Friday :) can't wait to see my baby boy again xxx

Abi - glad you had a good Christmas and new year - did you make it until midnight? Great that the little man is growing like a champ and I hoep he cooperates for the scan :)

We had a good Christmas but the rest of the family all got hit with a nasty 24 hour tummy bug. Thank the Lord I had a day of feeling crummy but I never actually got sick like the others. Levi had it twice! No one was sick Christmas day but before and after to was gross!!

New year Levi stayed with hubbys parents and hubs and I went to a friends party but we celebrated east coast new years (at 9pm) and then went to bed! so lame I know.

Hi to all you other lovely ladies too hoping the new year has started off on a good note

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->