Mums/Moms after Recurrent Losses (MARL) - Come join us!

Xxxxx

The first pic is christmas 2012 and then christmas 2013!
And then there's another one of my little boy, so grown up now not a little baby anymore!!

Great to see you stop by Bumpy. Gorgeous pics of Alfie, what a handsome boy, he looks so grown up!
It amazes me aswell how much these little people learn and how trainable they are haha when it comes to pointing out things and how they learn the word for them so quick!
Not so good that work sucks and your dad is poorly, but as you say what a bonus to have your little boy to make you smile every day.

Can I ask you ladies a question or opinion... at nursery when I was picking Emelia up before the Christmas break, they said every day that she hadn't wanted her milk again, but when I was getting her home she was starving for it. It crossed my mind that maybe at Emelia's age they hand them their own bottles to drink their own milk and if that's the case she is not used to that as I still feed her the bottle. Sure enough I asked them last week if this was the case and they said that they do a mixture of both but would make sure to feed her milk, since then she has been taking her milk every day. Anyways its got me wondering if Im not normal to still be holding the bottle for her and maybe she should be feeding herself by now. All I know is when I give her beakers of juice throughout the day she just wants to carry on with them and probably drinks very little out of it!

Just I think what you do is normal specially as I do exactly the same with Zeynab! :haha: probably she could do it on her own but I can't be bothered watching her put it in and out of her mouth when with me she doesn't move until she finishes it.

kieran has been holding his own bottles for a good while now only if he is poorly he may struggle with it he still has a bottle if he is going for a nap but drinks from a beaker during the day xxx

Hannah's 10 months old, and I still hold her bottles, even though she can do it herself. That's still a bonding moment for me, so part of the nurturing effect of giving a bottle is for me to hold it for her, I guess!

Bumpy - That picture is darling, he looks like a little model! Sorry about your Dad, I am sure that's a stressful time. Glad to hear Alfie has picked up walking quickly, its a while new ball game when they start, hey?!

Just - I think bottle holding is different with every child. I never pushed Levi to hold his own bottle and he didn't start doing it until he was over a year old. Recently, with the sick bug he had we stopped bottles altogether and he has milk through the day in a sippy with a straw. He was used to drinking water from cups like that so he is happy to hold the cups to feed himself.

Cazi - Good to see you :)

Melfy - How are you doing, chica? I hope that you are continuing to adjust well to life with 2. How is Zoe with the baby? I am starting to get more anxious about how Levi will be with our baby. He is just in a really needy/demanding stage and I am feeling stretched. I know some of it is that I am huge and pregnant to be lugging him around when he refuses to walk or lifting him up when he wants to be held but still!
I am wondering how he will do not being the "baby"

Any of you ladies with older kiddos have any words of wisdom about that?

So I am calling on you ladies for any tips or advice about teaching "gentle hands", discouraging throwing (everything. All the time!), how to have little ones say sorry or apologise when they take something from a little buddy?
Feeling as though Levi is still too little to understand much of this "discipline" but I know I need to start now and be consistent even if at first he doesn't fully understand I want him to know what we expect of him and hope that as he grows up he can begin to get it more and more. Still, he is too little for time outs and we don't want to spank him but I am feeling a little out of ideas. We are trying to teach him to say "ready?" before he throws things but that's as far as we have got.
If I have to pull him off the chair in our hallway where he stands and flicks lights on and off and messes with the outside light timer I will scream!!! I end up moving the chair, but I know thats not really solving the problem. I want him not to climb there but I feel lost about how to stop him without just policing it all the time and I just can't so that. Makes me more anxious about how he's going to give me the run around when I am nursing or something and can't be on top of him all the time.

Any advice appreciated

croy - i put dylan in a pack and play for a time out, just for a minute or 2. we rarely use it but it's helpful when it's needed. he hasn't tried to climb out of it. ava would never need a time out, lol, amazing how much easier she is!
they don't share well though, our ped said that will take awhile to learn that, like when they are over 2 I think?

bumpy - LOVE the pics! what a good looking boy. are we friends on facebook? i didn't think so? and if not, need to get you on mine. anyone else who is friends with bnb girls and not me? would like to friend you if possible!

just - you on facebook? we stopped bottles when they were around 1 but they never held their own. use sippy cups since and it's so much easier. but i usually only give sippy if they are in a high chair. they love to walk around with them but they try to spill them eventually as I use the soft topped ones and they know how to push in the top to get them to leak and then they play in the milk or water.

cazi - glad you posted! haven't seen you in awhile

Hi everyone, sorry I've not been on in a while, been super busy and tired!! Hope everyone is doing well bump wise and toddler running around after wise!! Xxx

Hopeful - yes we are friends on Facebook Hun! Funny how Ava is so much easier than Dylan!

Fili when did u nearly get ready to drop?!? Wow and croy and never!!!!

Just Alfie feeds himself his bottle, I lie him down with a pillow/cushion on the floor and he will happily drink and give me his bottle when he has had enough. He only has 2 milks a day - a big morning one in a bottle (he will not take a cup no matter how hard I try!!!) and a small cup of (fridge cold!!) milk before bed x

Thanks ladies for the advice re. bottles and self feeding. Im going to start to encourage Emelia to do it by herself and see how this goes in a bottle and sippy cup.

Hopeful, Im not on facebook but thanks for advice!

Fili, wow I cant believe how close you are aswell, so exciting. Are you having a planned section this time around?

Just, since reading your post I decided to let Zeynab have a go by herself for her mid-afternoon bottle. She holds it no problem but I just need to be close just in case she drops it. I'm sure she'll get the hang of it very soon & that's going to help me lots once the baby arrives.

:hi: fili!! You're sooo close now!! Nice to hear from you!!

croydon I just read your post! If you want I can tell you what I did with my children and after a girl, that was and still is very good and quiet, and a boy, that was and is exactly the opposite (a bag full of nerves) I feel that the only thing that works is patience and repeat, repeat, repeat. You will have to tell them sometimes a thousand times until they get it, others with once or twice will be more than enough. We don't know how their minds work but I don't think moving the chair if you think it's something he'll climb into is avoiding the issue. You're just delaying the explanation to a time when he'll understand. He's so young you have no choice but to do this for the time being and be consistent about what he's allowed and what he isn't. Hey'll realise the boundaries as they do when they go to nursery, for example.

I went to your posts and liked pics- I haven't seen u on posts I don't think so not seeing in newsfeed. Hoping this works! I don't know why I see some and others I don't, on a comp I see all posts but not on phone which I'm usually on

Madrid - Thanks! I think the consistent approach, while its the best is just exhausting :) I am going to try and keep going but I hope that I can dig up some more energy from somewhere. Thanks for the reassurance about the chair too, I agree and today went better i that area because he wasn't able to climb - He did figure out that he could climb on our dining room chairs though which isn't good but I am thankful he still hasn't figured out getting out the crib :)

Levi has been teething today. Its been rough. Usually we just read a few stories and he goes down takes about 15 minutes but today it was 2 hours of reading and rocking and him screaming and not settling and chewing his fingers and me leaving him to try and settle himself while I went to the loo only listening to him scream louder and louder.
In the end I put him in the car and drove to get Starbucks and then to Mc D's to get me something for lunch because I was starving and by that point also beyond caring what I was eating. He passed out in the back after about 15 minutes and then slept in his crib for about an hour and a half but it wasn't long enough. He was so emotional all afternoon and then took forever to go down tonight. Thankfully dh was here to help out because rocking him and holding him when he is wriggling and leaning over the crib is painful for me now.

I am hoping that he sleeps well tonight but I am not counting my chickens. He;s already stirred a few times crying.

Need a hot, sweet cup of tea and some chocolate!! Yum, that's what I am going to fix right now.

Roll on Feb 18th

:hi:

Quickly stopping by to see how everyone is doing :)

So far Zoe is adjusting well to Alexa, but she's sick right now so she's very clingy/cuddly.

Alexa is doing very well. A nurse came by on Saturday to weight her; she'd lost 9% of her weight, but my milk came in later that night. We checked again yesterday and she's been gaining 39g/day:happydance: (they like to see something between 20 and 50), so she's back to her birthweight!! I'm EBF so needless to say I am very happy and relieved that she's gaining, after all the trouble I had with Zoe (she was still losing weight 2 weeks after birth).

We have a wedding this weekend; Zoe will be staying with my parents so we'll have a more relaxing time since we'll only have have Alexa.

Croy and Fili: A few more weeks and you'll finally get to meet your little bundles of joy:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->