Mums/Moms after Recurrent Losses (MARL) - Come join us!

Brilliant news on a little boy Tracie!

Bumpy, its nice to see you stop by. Im so sorry to hear about your dad, that's very sad indeed, and your birthday of all days.
It sounds like Alfie is doing brilliant and very vocal with his words, I cant wait to have proper conversations.

Emelia's favourite word just now is car..she wants to stand at wondows all day watching and pointing at cars, its cute!

Potty training....I think it sounds so stressful. I think 2 seems a common age that people start it and I get the impression that some kids take to it easily and others are harder to train. A few weeks ago we went to visit our nephew, he is 2 1/2 and that was his 11th pair of pants they were putting on him when we arrived and within minutes he peed through them aswell.
Im not looking forward to that stress whilst trying to care for a young baby, Im thinking if its too hard and stressful when Emelia turns two, I'll end up just putting it off for another few months.

Potty training. Hmmm....

I don't even want to THINK about it, but honestly, there's no point in even attempting it until the child is developmentally ready, and is showing cues/signs that he/she is ready, otherwise you're setting yourself (and the child) up for disappointment and even a sense of failure. When it is time to try, keep it light-hearted, and know that there will be accidents, and that it's all part of the process.

Hi ladies thanks for all thinking of me! Well no twinges yet!! I def think I'm having another girl will b shocked if not!! But get they beauty of team yellow!! X

We will look at potty training as an when I think slot of my friends have brought a potty an just kept it in the room to see if they show interest? Lexi has shown no signs at all an I think if u do it to early they can have problems later on with wetting themselves, from experience with my friends most girls are around 2-2 1/2 but boys 2 1/2-3 we will see! X

Hopeful I wish I could pop over an our kids could play :( xx

Croy I wish I could pop over n give u a hand after mon an we could take it in turns to nAp lol! They Say 6 weeks recovery here after c section u should t drive, my antenatal friend had planned section recently an doc signed her fit to drive after 4 weeks x

Pip yep told dh head was low then I made a joke of it! I think he thought I was joking! X
Just how scary pleased all ok Hun!! X

Bump sorry for ur rough time lately my lovely must n very hard for u xx

Never how's ur gorgeous boys?

Wooks how u doing?? X

Well ladies I had pizza tonight an feel bit yuk so am in bed off to have pleasant thoughts about my next sweep on tues NOT!!!! Xx

Congratulations, Tracie! Boys are great fun, too :) How nice to have one of each!

Bumpy, I am so sorry to read about your loss. It must be incredibly hard for you and I hope you and your family are able to support each other :hugs:

Davies, fingers crossed this baby makes an additional sweep unnecessary...

Potty training? I think we might give it a try when the weather gets better and J is wearing less layers. I don't know whether this pregnancy will work out yet but I'd be keen to have J trained before another baby arrives.

Haha Davies, don't be too shocked if a boy pops out. I was 99% sure that I was having a girl again as my pregnancy has been identical to Emelia's so when they told us boy at the 20 week scan I felt as though my husband was in major shock.
Its lovely either way...two girls I would have been delighted with but one girl and one girl I think is perfect also. Im really looking forward to my baby blue now!

I hope that second sweep gets things moving.

bumpy - so sorry to hear about your dad passing. what a tough thing to go through, esp on your birthday. :hugs: :hugs:

i'm one of the youngest here of my immediate coworkers so their kids are all older or graduated, BUT, I went out last Thurs with some girls for the first time since before I was pregnant besides the mexico work trip I was on last Feb. a few of the girls on our moms of multiples club were getting together at the mall just 5 mins from my house so i had to go. we had drinks and went to a movie (I hadn't been to a movie in years). it was so much fun and we are getting together once a month! so excited about it. our kids are all around the same age too with 1- 5 months of each other which I just think it will be cool to have playdates eventually and people to invite to bday parties :)

no potty training yet. the dr said wait until at least 2 and even then just set out a potty for them to see. i got the potty's awhile ago, they played with them (taking the inserts out) and sat on them like chairs but i haven't tried to do any sort of potty training. the dr said they usually get potty trained around 2.5-3. they are no where near being ready. but, I do make a point to tell them about poopy when i change diapers so they get familiar with the term. i'm not reallly around them enough to potty train either.
my daycare lady laughed when I asked if they potty train this early!

davies - i can't wait till you have her/him! only 4 days to go

congrats again on a boy tracie!

Thanks pip but will def b having another sweep tom! No movement here! X

Just I keep thinking that I'm so convinced its a girl I will b so shocked lol! Either way I don't mind x

Jodi I'm do pleased u had a night out chick u defo deserve it! An to meet up with other multiple mums b lovely for u! Xx

Afm 2nd sweep tom at 330pm an if not induction fri... Will update tom to tell u if any change.... I feel nervous ladies ? X

Thanks for well wishes ladies. I've not slept a wink all night I've got a bad throat and cough and aching all over grrrr I have to spend the day in London today as well for a team meeting which I could do without.

Alfie starts at a childminders today for 2 mornings a week - she's really nice and has other kids his age so I hope he likes it!

Good luck Davies - I'm thinking another girl too - excited for you!

Hopeful - your post made me happy! I'm so pleased u had a nice eve out and it's going to be a regular thing. What about mums of the kids friends at daycare do u get on with any of them? How's DH?

Thanks for everyone's advice re potty. We are not ready either but I've seen others starting on other threads and thought I would ask. We are going to Majorca for a week end June so when we get back I might get one for him to get used to it for a few months - he will be 22 months by then. He sometimes brings me a nappy and his cream when he has done a poo now which is really cute and he says wee wee but I'm not totally sure if he knows what it means! My mum said I LOVED my potty and used to read all my books on it haha x

Hopeful, glad to hear you had a nice time, we all def. need time out from kids and spend some time with friends. Sounds like a good plan to have it at least once a month. It is a pity you are so far from your family and friends, must be lonely at times.

Davies, I hope the sweep gets things moving.

Bumpy, not so good your ill! That sounds good a family trip to Majorca.

Im looking forward to my growth scan tomorrow to see what the baby is estimated to weigh and also whether its head down.

Thanks ladies.... I'm only up as usual my non sleeping child is awake!! She's always always up once a night lately!!! Hard tiring work! She talks mainly from 3-4/430 then cries an goes off again 5-530! Tired mummy!!!

Induction fri.... Sweep didn't work, cervix high an head low! X

Hi ladies! Popping in to say good luck to Davies tomorrow! Wow! You're going to meet your bub! How many weeks are you? Sounds like Lexi is having the 18 month sleep regression. I read it can last 6-8 weeks. They are learning so much right now that they want to be awake.

Pip, congrats on the new pregnancy!

Bumps, I'm very sorry to hear about your dad. I know how much he meant to you and how ill he was during your pregnancy. What a gift that he got to know Alfie, even though it was too short a time.

Just, how are you already 31 weeks? My goodness! If I didn't say it before, I'll say it now, congrats on team blue! Delilah loves cars too (and trucks). Not to play with, just to look at driving by. So cute.

Tracie, same to you. One of each, how lovely.

Croy, I've been following you on FB. You sound so busy. I don't know how you are managing. Well done mama.

Wooks, congrats on the pregnancy too!

Jodi, your girls night out sounds divine. The last movie I saw, I went by myself while Tim babysat. It was kind of awesome. I did see Dallas Buyers Club with a girlfriend though recently. Loved it. Isn't adult time nice? I almost forgot about it.

Potty training. Delilah shows a real interest in the potty. I flush all of her poops down the toilet and we say bye bye to them. She always watches me go to the bathroom too. Lovely! So there is constant commentary about mama's pee and poop. I sit her on the potty before and after bath just to get her used to it, but she'll sit there and then say "nope." I'll take her off and then she'll pee on the floor! I'm in no rush to potty train. Accidents don't appeal to me though I know we'll have them at some point. She has 2 cousins who are almost 3 who use the potty so she talks about them using it. I think it's good for her to see them model it.

Sorry, I only read back 2 pages.

Delilah and I are in Florida right now visiting my mom. I'm studying for my second exam while I'm here. I have no free time to myself still, but it's nice to have the super warm weather. We've gone to beach a few days - bliss. Other days we hit the pool or go to a playground. She is entering the terrible 2's early. She has perfected the art of the temper tantrum. I'm hoping she'll settle down once we are back home in our regular routine but I'm not counting on it. I've been lucky with her sleep still. No sleep regression so far and she's 20 months now (though only 19 months adjusted age). She's a champ sleeper at night. Only 1 hour naps though because she gets all her sleep at night. No complaints here. She's talking up a storm trying to imitate everything we say. Super cute.

Wishing I could spend more time chatting with you all. I just need to get through this second exam and then hopefully I'll be back on here more. I'm guessing I'll take it sometime in April or early May.

I know I missed a lot of people. Sorry, but hello just the same! Miss you all. xo

Good luck for today Davies, Im so excited to know what you have!

Heart, lovely to hear from you, you sound busy with your studying and travelling. Sounds like a tough life in Florida...will we go to the pool today or go to the playground haha. The benefits of nice weather I guess.
Yeah that's me almost 32 weeks now and I keep thinking I'll go into labour again at 37 weeks when I did with Emelia and if that's the case then 5 weeks.
Im thinking that this new baby is going to be easy again and its Emelia that's going to be at a challenging age. I can relate to the temper tantrums too.
Emelia just wants to walk on her own and run and will not take our hands anymore, she shakes her head furiously and then just throws herself on the ground. Its so funny to see their little personalities emerge.

I had another growth scan on Wednesday there and the baby weighs 4lbs 4oz now, they also had results of my swabs that were taken last week when I had bleeding and it came back positive for thrush. So I had to use a pessary the past two nights to clear it up. They said that was likely the cause of the bleeding last week as it irritates the vaginal lining apparently. I've never had it before expect for pregnancy when it must be common.
I also asked about testing for group Step B and they agreed to do it at my next appointment in 3 weeks time.
Does anyone else know much about strepB?
I didn't until I was in work and someone had printed off leaflets as their daughter got tested and came back positive. Its actually quite frightening. According to my doctor when 100 ladies are tested normally around 30 will be positive for it. It is a bacteria that lives in the vagina and you don't know you have it as no symptoms but during labour when the baby is coming down the birth canal it passes onto the baby and can cause death. Its important that they put you on a drip of antibiotics during labour.
Its something that they don't normally test for on the NHS but the minute I mentioned it to them the other day they agreed to test as it is/can be serious.

Just, MrsM had strep B with Edie and didn't know it. At my hospital they test for it in everyone. I think it's common practice to get tested for it in the US. But for some reason in the UK they don't automatically.

Just, yes, here in the states we get tested automatically for Group B strep. It can be quite dire to the newborn, if the mother passes it along, so it's better to get the antibiotics if the test comes up that the mother is a carrier.

Thanks ladies....isn't it shocking that they don't routinely test for it over here!
Im glad to be getting tested in 3 weeks time, better to know these things!

I was hoping to come on here and see news about Davies. Im not on facebook so I hope to read about the news here

I saw Daviies announcement on FB, but I don't want to steal her thunder by giving away any details...I guess I will say that both Momma and baby are doing well! :)

I have never popped in here (sorry) but did for the first time and seen Davies and baby are doing well :dance: congratulations my lovely.

I actually popped into see if any of you were on hydroxychloroquine (it's the anti-malaria drugs you may of seen in the news in Jan) for recurrent loses when you had your rainbow?

I had my 15th miscarriage last month (17th loss as I have had my two girls born sleeping) and saw Dr Shehata on Friday, he upped some stuff, changed the predinsolone and progesterone to from ovulation (was from BFP) and also prescribed the hydroxychloroquine. Just after some success stories (aside from the one in the news) as I feel a lot rides on this, as you can imagine.

Any way, sorry for barging in. I hope you and your rainbows are all doing fabulously :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->