Mums/Moms after Recurrent Losses (MARL) - Come join us!

Hey Ladies

Its been a while. How are you all??
Izzy is 1 next month! Time has flown by so quickly. she is nearly walking now. shes ever such a pretty little lady and so quick and clever.

Hi Tracie, wow 1, that's insane!

Em Max is so cute. I really want a chunky baby with cheeks i can squeeze!

Embo max is adorable that bottom lip is soo cute.

Well Owen teased me with sleeping thru the other day he's been up once a night since. Mean baby I got my hopes up too soon

Hoping- Thanks. I keep telling her she's a beautiful princess. Don't know if she believes me yet. :haha:

Embo- Max is gorgeous! So sweet!

Gloriana is having more awake hours now. She spends lots of time with her eyes open. I see toys in her near future!

How long should Braxton hicks last for? My whole stomach seems to tighten at night for about 2 hours sometimes!! Is that normal? 8 weeks till I can officially post on here! Xxx

Could just be the position of the baby hun. If uou have a back running along your tummy it'd feel hard. BH usually only last about 30secs to a minute i'd guess x

Puppy is right. Probably baby's position.

Gloriana has the worst diaper rash! :cry: I think it must be a yeast infection. Poor thing. My boys had yeast infections, but not until they were much older. I think its my fault for using cornstarch.

Mom, I'm trying to imagine what you've been doing with the corn starch? Rolling her in it?

Tracie - I can't believe she is a year old already! Where does the time go?!

Em - SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU! Your little guy is a cutie. I hope you are feeling brighter today. We miss you and are always here if you need a word of encouragement. I know you are doing a great job.

Pip - Ha ha, just imagining rolling my baby in cornstarch!

Justwaiting - Levi does that too. He has done 7 and 8 hours a few different times, and I always wonder if we have hit the magical time when that becomes normal. No such luck. Hoping that Owen gives you another long night soon.

Fili - Can't wait to have you in here with your little one :)

Happy to say that we are home safe and sound. The flight home was ok, Levi and his teething were a worry to me because I didn't want to have him inconsoluable for the entire 10 hours but he actually slept a bunch. He was great until the landing in Seattle, I think his ears were painful. He wouldn;t nurse and then he screamed and screamed until we were on the ground when he had cried himself to sleep. I hated it. And trust me, I was ready to war with anyone who even gave us a negative look! Its the worst feeling when you are trying to console your poor baby who is clearly in pain.

So we are home, and Levis drool gets worse and worse and then he is coughing and snotty and officially has his first cold :( Just to add the jet lag and teething. Boy oh boy last night was a doozy. He would sleep for a couple of hours and then be so sad and congested but there is nothing we could really do. We tried teething gel which sometimes offered relief but other times flopped.

He is super congested today so we declared it family pajama day. Hubs went out and got some basics for breakfast eggs, bacon, etc because of course we had no food in the house since only returning last night. We ate and then skyped with my parents. So sad to be gone from them but ready to be home.

I had so many plans to start Levi sleeping in his crib and not starting to use the swing again but now he is sick of course I am not going to make him start sleeping alone, and the swing is upright and that is good for his congestion so he is in there swinging away, peacefully sleeping as I type.

I guess we can start the crib/sleep training after Thanksgiving when hopefully jet-lag and the cold will be done...I am assuming that the teething will be around for a while, sadly.

Any tips for dealing with colds and congestion?

Thanks for your help ladies! I think I may be drinking too much fizzy water lol! It's blowing me up.

Croy I hope Levi finds some relief soon, poor little thing and poor you :hugs:

Mom2 hope Gloriana's rash goes soon :hugs:

Haha, rolling her in it! :haha:
I use cornstarch to stop chaffing on my boys skin rather than baby powder. Its cheaper, works better, and doesn't have the fragrance and talc. I just didn't think about it feeding yeast!:dohh:

I've been using some anti-fungal medicine on her and it looks a bit better today. Hopefully it will keep getting better.

Croy- So sorry he's sick!! That's the worst! Too young for medicine. :nope: A humidifier can help, other than that letting him sleep upright and keeping him as comfortable as possible. Hopefully this cold will pass very soon.

Croy I hope he is better soon. If you bf try syringing a little up his nose and getting a bulb syringe to help suck it out. I found the bulb got it to the entrance so I could grab the snot! The bm really worked to clear him up for hrs. There isn't much u can do that aren't doing, vaporizer and steam and cusdles

He is doing slightly better today, he didn't sleep for long periods last night, but he has taken some good naps today. I think he is still turned around with the time change. Poor kid.

I have still got to get used to this time change too. I got up with the hubs today at 6.15 am - not an hour I usually am awake at. I made eggy bread for us for breakfast,and then made pumpkin chocolate chip bread for my MOPS breakfast and made pastry for a pie I am making for dessert with friends tomorrow night. I am trying to get ahead of the game with some holiday baking and prep in case Levi take a bad turn or doesn't let me put him down at some point.

I have used saline drops up his nose and the bulb syringe - he really dislikes that! But it seems to be helping a little.

Sorry in advance for the selfish post but my head's in the shed atm and i can't retain anything.

Samuel's being admitted Wednesday morning for a tube through nose into tummy. He's not putting weight on so now we have to force food in to up his calories and hopefully his weight. (This is providing there's a bed).

Laura is 3 tomorrow so i'm staying home with her to do fun stuff before going in with Samuel. They wanted him today but i couldnt miss her birthday.

Big :hugs: puppy hope they can find out why Samuel isn't gaining weight. Happy Birthday to Laura x

AFM I have poorly girl. She is full of cold and has a nasty cough. Sh cannot breathe lying flat so I have not slept the last 2 nights so she can sleep upright on my chest. I hope it goes soon I hate seeing her ill :-(

:hugs: puppy, that's worrying, I hope they get to the bottom of why he is not putting any weight on :nope:

Cazi that's not nice either, :hugs:

tracie - have you got any pics!?

Hey ladies sorry im useless atm. My beautiful beautiful 6 year old cat had to be put down on sunday. He was so poorly and wed run out of insurance money to pay for him so i had to make the awful decision to let him go. I havent stopped crying since and i cant stop. I loved that cat so damn much. he was my child for so long. I cant believe hes left me.

:hugs: to all of you dealing with sick babies. Its no fun and just breaks your heart. I hope they are all on the mend soon.

Puppycat:hugs: I'm so sorry. It must be so scary and overwhelming for you. I hope Samuel take a good turn after the hospital. My thoughts are with you. Happy early birthday to Laura!

Pups happy birthday to Laura.
I hope the get to the bottom of things with Samuel and your not in hospital long.

Sorry to all the other sick lo's. it's not fun to see them poorly.

Owen is slowly sleeping more after a few terrible nights but he is learning so much I can't really blame him. He seems to have picked up heaps in a few days.

Wow missed so much ladies?! So sorry I just feel non stop an it seems you all have so much going on, congrats on new babies.
Pups hope you get sorted an Laura still has a nice birthday to xx

Hair loss second period lexi growth spurt(waking again for night feed) is the general life, trying to establish a routine an were sort of there, 7 bath bottle bed for 745 ish sleeps till 7am but one night feed at mo hoping growth spurt! She had a little phase of crying for 1-2 hours before bed which was emotionally draining! But kind of moved pAssed that now, so sorry I haven't been on I just found by the time lexi went go bed I had dinner I was ready for bed.

How is everyone? Anyone weaning yet? Or looking at weaning? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->