Mums/Moms after Recurrent Losses (MARL) - Come join us!

Ah wow Just!!! What a beautiful boy, congratulations. You are in for such a fun time, my girl and boy are chalk and cheese and it's so entertaining.
Fitzy, that's amazing news. Congratulations and all the very best of luck.

Fitzy, holy guacamole, that's amazing news! I continue all progresses well for both babies, and that you end up with precious twins in several months time! Good luck, and congratulations!

Thanks MrsM, right now the two of them look nothing alike so Im wondering if they'll have totally different personalities aswell. I hope your all doing well, I know you don't come on as much anymore.

Fitzy, that's fantastic news, Im sure all will continue well and you'll be blessed with little twins in the end, how good is that after all the time you've waited.

Hi to everyone else, hope everyone is well x

Just, is it pretty crazy with a newborn and toddler? I'm starting to get anxious about my ability to keep up with two little ones!

Belated happy birthday to Morgan. Where has the last year gone! So delighted to hear the good news from your scan Lee.

Fitzy - wow! Congratulatioms on your double good news.

Hi to all the rest of you lovely mummies and happy mother's day to those of you in the US and elsewhere who celebrate it today.

AFM, I moved Lucas into his own room tonight - he's just over 11 months so he's had a good run of having mummy on tap all night. Wish me luck - I'm hoping it might help him rediscover his ability to sleep through the night

Wookie, I'll be honest with you, its Emelia that's become hard work. I honestly don't think its terrible two's but its actually terrible 17 months onwards, she is in at everything whilst the newborn just sleeps pretty much all of the time.
Trying to get organised to leave the house takes some time aswell to get everything organised. Its not totally crazy but definitely more tiring than just one baby to take care of.
Aslong as I can get up early in the morning to get myself showered and dressed I feel much better and then I can start to deal with feeding us all and the dog aswell. I think you just need to remind yourself that theres no rush to get things done unless its a day where you have an early appointment or somewhere to be and the stress sets in haha

Just - I know how you feel.. and I only have one to take cae of! Days can get pretty crazy, but it is such a balancing act, reminding myself that its not the end of the world if everything doesn't get done. I do have major anxiety before appointments or when we have something to do outside of the house. So far we have been on time for everything and have only had one epic melt down while out! So I guess no real reason to stress!

Fitzy - I'm new around here, so don't know you or your story, but I am absolutely thrilled for your news! Twins! How wonderful! Do keep us posted on how things go in the next few weeks/months.

Viet, it does get easier with one child...I found that by 3 or 4 months into it, leaving the house with the baby was a lot easier than it is in those early days. It literally starts to become second nature, and it will feel really wierd when your child ISN'T with you. You'll feel like you're missing your hand, or something! It's the two children thing that's getting me all anxious at this point.

Just, I can totally see what you mean about the toddler thing. Hannah just turned 14 months today, and she's definitely losing the baby stuff, and moving on to the toddler stage. She is what some would describe as a "spirited child." Points and hollers at the top of her lungs at things she wants, RUNS, RUNS, RUNS, wants Mommy one minute, and then total independence the next. I'm starting to see some pre-tantrum-type behavior also, when things don't go her way. She still basically has no verbal expressive language, although she demonstrates that her receptive vocab is great...and this lack of verbal skills often can create some behaviors, also. I'm hoping that by 17 months, when Oscar is due, that she has some words, and can communicate with us a bit more effectively.

Fitzy, great to hear from you and congrats, we are quite close again this time. How exciting.

Madrid, the 17th will be here in no time and so will baby :)

Wookie, I may be a bit premature but I really wanted on ask that question too. Morgan is a very energetic baby and I too was wondering how difficult the new mummy's had found juggling a newborn (lack of sleep) and a toddler.

Thanks Rap, how did the transfer go? Morgan is still feeding at night too, interested to hear how it went.

Perhaps I shouldn't get too carried away and for now I just need to see what tomorrows scan brings.

I'll be stalking for news Lee!!

The 22nd is my induction date and I don't think the baby will be coming any earlier. I don't have any labour symptoms at all. Yesterday when the doctor examined me said I was 2cm dilated already and that my cervix is still a bit high but the baby is head down and ready. I still can't believe I'm having another baby so soon!! OMG!!

The 22nd is my induction date and I don't think the baby will be coming any earlier. I don't have any labour symptoms at all. Yesterday when the doctor examined me said I was 2cm dilated already and that my cervix is still a bit high but the baby is head down and ready. I still can't believe I'm having another baby so soon!! OMG!!

You never know! That baby could come TONIGHT, just to prove you wrong! LOL! But yay for having an induction date! :happydance: Are they thinking he'll be a bigger baby too? Sounds like he's gearing up in there!

Thanks so much for all the well wishes. I am also seriously worrying about how I'll cope with a 22 month old toddler and possibly 2 babies and would be inclined to agree that it's my Little Miss Independent/Stubborn/Full of personality that I am most concerned about!!! Still, as I keep reminding myself, millions of women all over the world have done it and am sure we'll all survive!!

Lee, wishing you the very best for your scan today. I hope that everything is going well with your little Beanie.

Madrid, it's exciting to have an induction date but hoping you go yourself before then x

You never know! That baby could come TONIGHT, just to prove you wrong! LOL! But yay for having an induction date! :happydance: Are they thinking he'll be a bigger baby too? Sounds like he's gearing up in there!

By their measurements yesterday they think he's already bigger than what was Zeynab's birth weight. Close to 9lbs :shrug: I think is probably less than that as they tend to measure big in the growth scans.:dohh:

Fitzy you'll manage very well you'll see. If she's independent, even better :thumbup:

I'm afraid it hasn't worked out for me again. This one is over :(

Lee, Im so sorry to come on and read that, Im genuinely gutted for you. That is so heartbreaking again, can imagine how you will be feeling right now! That's a lot to deal with another 2 losses so close together. I hope your doing ok xx

Lee, I'm really devastated for you...there are never any words and it is just so cruel. I hope cuddling Morgan that extra bit closer brings a tiny bit of comfort x

Lee, I posted something on the PAL thread, but geez, I am so devastated for you having to go through this yet again. It's heartbreaking, and I'm sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->