Mums/Moms after Recurrent Losses (MARL) - Come join us!

I remember your insomnia well, but yes I suppose it does prepare you! I can't sleep for longer than 3 hr intervals ATM. I've got a feeling I'll actually go over :nope: I just have a feeling you know! Hopefully not though. Hoping to stay at home as long as possible to labour. Im hoping for no pain relief except paracetamol and natural methods but yeah right ey? I've also asked for telemetry which is wireless fetal heart monitoring so I can assume different positions. I don't want to be stuck in bed on my back, can't lie on my back anyway! This is the plan but you know what they say about the best laid plans! Trying to be open and flexible too. How much did max weigh when he was born?

Wow Fili you've come such a long way! It's good to have a plan but remember that sometimes things don't go the way you'd like. Just go with the flow :)

Max weighed 8lb12 and half :)

I thought he was 8 something. I only ask because my husband was nearly 10lbs when he was born!! All along we thought Me-mo was average size as the growth scans showed 50th percentile for everything. However, when I saw a very experienced older midwife type the other week she palpated me and said i have a big baby! :shock: i was like oh that's news to me! My fundal height is always a week ahead. I don't know... Tend to trust an experienced midwife more that fh and scans... Did they ever give you an accurate estimate of Max's weight do you think? Me-mo was 4 lbs 7 at 32 weeks. Just worried about pushing out a big baby you see!

Heart sorry to be coincidentally going on about weight in light of your post! Just wanted to say that my niece was a very dainty baby and not even premature. She had to have regular checks and never put on weight significantly until 9 months, she is absolutely strapping now too! I have 3 close friends I can think of whose babies were the same too and again not even prem. Delilah looks perfect to me! :cloud9:

Just checked my pregnancy journal and at 32 weeks he weighed over 5lbs. We really thought he was gonna be a 9lber!!!

Thanks embo, so I'm going to guestimate (pray every day) that memo will be 8.5lbs! That's manageable lol.

I've heard that big babies are easier to push out cos gravity is on your side!! Oliver was 1oz off 9lbs and he was my easiest delivery. Literally took me 5 minutes to push him out!! It took longer to deliver the placenta :haha:

Lexi was 8lb 2 Hun an I managed apparently heavy bubs can help with gravity! So don't stress, heartburn used to wake me up every night an a wee! Everyone said make the most of sleeping! Yeah alright!! X
Em lexi won't fit in Moses she's to long an she had swinging crib but sge hated it sge co slept! But she loves her cot x

Heart d is a lovely healthy bubs Hun don't stress she looks more than happy x

Croy teeth 4 month growth spurt an hubs not there hard going!! X

If you could see the state of my house ladies!! X

Oh and Davies, I forgot to say thank you for posting that discount code for h&m. Got 50% off my Christmas Day jumper. Should've been £30 :)

Hi everyone!

Sorry to hear so may LO's are teething- ouch ouch ouch. Hope it goes smothly!

Even sorrier to hear about the appearance of AF... She is seriously NOT missed!

Heart- LOVE the pictures! She's precious. Eva's small too- scares me to death but the doctor keeps telling me not to worry. I think what Embo said makes sense, some baby's are just meant to be little. Also thanks for that lovely post on the PARL thread!

Embo- Great picture of Max. I'm glad he's back to the boob again! I can't believe how big he is!

Tuckie- Welcome to MARL. She's such a beauty! Glad to hear you're getting a little bit of sleep. It sounds like it's pretty normal for them to have a fussy time... Eva's fussy whenever she's not being held!

afm- I keep trying to keep up with things but Eva's going through this this where whe doesn't let me put her down... She can be sound asleep on me but 2 minutes after I put her in her basket she's wailing. We've given up at night and started letting her sleep with me (dh is on the couch on workdays) but during the day it's impossible to get anything done.

Sara I no that feeling you should see my house!! Lol!! In early days if I didn't go out for lunch I didn't eat! X

Embo no worries I ordered a coat winter cost should been £60 got it for £30! Result! Still not here though is urs? X

Yea it came today hun. I ordered it the day you posted the code. Check on h&m there's a section that shows all your orders x

Amanda - I think it sounds like D is thriving. Some babies are just smaller, at a party this weekend Levi looked like a giant compared to our friends little girl who is 3 months older than him. She is delicate and petite but absolutely perfect. Levi's dad was a huge chubber as a baby and he is looking to be following in his footsteps.

Have any of you ladies thought about solids and how you are doing to introduce them, in what order? I am hoping to hold off until 6 months with Levi, but I am reading lots about how to do it. Our doctor is pretty old school and gave us a Gerber hand out with the information in amounts in terms of jars! I am hoping to make his food. I have also read more conflicting info about not starting babies on grains but on veggies and fruit purees. My friend mixes a little of the iron fortified rice cereal into her purees because I guess the iron is the reason they suggest it because at about 6 months babies lose the iron stores they have from us from the womb.

Thoughts/experiences?

Amanda- my kids could be 13 something lbs, we just guess they are 14 to 15 because we weigh them on our scale holding them and then without them and take off some ounces for diapers and clothes! Will find out for sure on the 19th at 6 month appt.

Croy- no advice on baby food, we are going to ask at our appt next week.

Hi girls thought if pop in and say hi and I apologise for not beig around I haven't been in a good place since Kieran's been Ben and being back in hospital I've been struggling with what's happened and I'm only just starting too get there I'm sorry xxx

Jenny - So good to see you!! What's been going on? Hope you are all ok!

Hi Jen, hope you're ok!

I've been mixing up the different plans with weaning. Last night J's dinner consisted of a boiled potato, a slice of cheese, a slice of apple (took skin off) and bits of sausage/ham. He fed himself.
For breakfast today I expressed some milk and mixed in baby rice powder. He later had a finger of toast, a bit of my biscuit (he stole it!) and half a pouch of Ella'a kitchen fruit puree.
We like to give J what we are eating (as long as it isn't too salty). He even ate some beef enchillada with me last week and curry the week before (he LOVED it). He really enjoys feeding himself (toast soldiers are a staple in his diet) but we also feed him with our fingers (tastes from our plate) and with a spoon. To be honest, once you start it is much more straightforward than you anticipate.

As for teeth, J pooped a lot with his first tooth - more than 10 times in one day! He cried more easily, seemed generally less patient than usual, had a red cheek, drooled bucket-loads and constantly needed something to bite on. At one point he suddenly started crying. When I put my finger in his mouth for him to chew on I was surprised at the sharpness of the tooth. No wonder they say a tooth 'cuts' through - ouch!
Tooth number two involved less poos but the symptoms were very similar. We are seeing the same symptoms now for tooth number 3.

I'm doing fine I had a massive hole in my stomach from catching an staph infection in the hospital and celulitus which has almost healed I've been struggling as I've had to give up breast feeding and I miss it lots a few people said they think I've got PTSD I think it's called I've still not had my 6 week post check up I have it Thursday when Kieran's almost 16 weeks old I need to speak to my gp as I've had no interest in anything mood swings waking up in sweats Paul's been sleeping on the sofa for months and I've only just started to sleep with the light off I've not even been interested in being in here I didn't want to put a downer on the group so I avoided being here looking at my stomach it's like someone has taken a chunk out of it it's all disfigured from the infection xx

Sorry to hear that Jen. Pnd is horrible but treated properly makes all the difference. I hope your doc can help you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->