Mums/Moms after Recurrent Losses (MARL) - Come join us!

Happy new year to my favourite yummy mummies. Hope you all had an amazing 2012 with your babies and wishing you all a prosperous 2013.
Can't wait to join you in May xxx.

Just wanted to pop in and wish you all a Happy New Year!!!

Kat- Glad it went a little better. My OH has been invaluable too. I don't know how anyone does it alone! I was using a bra at first but I like the camisoles better. I got 4 at Target in size XL for the big boobs to fit and this way I just take off my sweater and pop a boob out of the cami or if we're going out, I wear a shirt with buttons down the front. Bay uses me as a paci too but she loves her soothie pacis for naps & they've been a lifesaver! Happy New Year :) I'm doing last minute BFing before we leave for Oregon. Luckily she loves the car and always sleeps in her car seat. We will stop for diaper changes & feeds of course. We'll see how it goes!

Have fun in Oregon. You are lucky Bay loves the car. Grey HATES it and screams the entire time even though I am in the backseat with him. He screams himself to sleep after a while and turning tomato red.

I have no idea how someone does it alone. If DH were not working from home, I would have my mom come. I would be desperate enough to call in my MIL and you know how I feel about her.

Costco has great camis I have been using. 2 pack for $12.99. I don't deal with the bra either. I just pop my boob out of my cami and have been in nothing but PJs at home... I'm impressed you wear a sweater on top, lol. I am in open pj's with only my cami showing. I still need a good sports bra for working out... My boobs hurt if I do anything too bouncy at all, like walk too fast.

The pacis work for Grey's diaper changes... but like I said he was acting weird at the nipple. For naps they sucked because he would drop them every 3 minutes and start crying. I hope this growth spurt ends!

Happy new years ladies!! enjoy your new year with your new babies! i know i will! :D

Happy New Year everyone, Wishing everyone health and happiness for 2013!
2012 has definetely been a good one on year and Im sure this one will be even better.

Normally I find New year quite depressing but its completely different now that we have an exciting year ahead. We let off a sky lantern last night for Emelia which was nice.

The last two days/nights have been much better with Emelia as we are purely using the Dr. Brown bottles which reduce wind and colic and they are definetely working.
Our new problem though is that Emelia is only having a dirty nappy every 3 or 4 days now and when she goes it is a total clear out. Last night when we changed her it had came out of the nappy at the sides and also up hert back and front and under her armpits! Had to scrub her down and bath her. The same thing happened two nights ago aswell and luckily its happening like clockwork at 11pm at night, I keep thinking what if this happened when out and about shopping during the day!

Happy new year ladies xxx

Just lexi had those explosive ones alot at first under her arms etc covered herself an it happened whilst out to!! I used to carry a spare baby grow in my bag just in case! Sge grew out if doing it I thought but last week since her teeth are bad we have had 2-4 runny pops a day ab they normally end up leaking a bit! Chinese lanterns are lovely we lit them few years ago for my rainbows an last year when I was pregnant I was in Thailand an we lit them on the beach! An made a wish!! Mine came true!!! Xx

We have horrible colds poor little lexi she slept 2 1/2 hours today that's the longest nap during the day ever! Just given her calpol as she's in a right old pickle bless her an I'm in pain with my razor blade throat so she must be!

Any twinges fili? X

Can't wait for ur arrival lee xx

Kat pleased u got some u time chick it's important x

Just and Davies lol I better get prepared for that like all in one forensic waterproof white suit for baby?? haha!

Davies I am having about 7-8 one minute long medium painful period cramps a day and lightning crotch a lot! Got my welfare scan today to check memo weight etc - gotta resist temptation to look for potty shot again! I'm hoping they can tell me what my cervix is doing too!

Thanks Davies, I spoke too soon when I said that thankfully its never happened whilst out and about during the day...last night we were at my aunts for dinner and it happened through her body suit, top and dress! I never even thought to pack a change of clothes/body suit but thankfully my aunt had spares. Im still learning at this. Ive been caught off guard when I went shopping and forgot to take a bottle as I thought I wouldnt be too long, I learnt my lesson that day to never let that happen again as I had to pay £9 for ready made aptamil bottles a total rip off. I need to pack everything but the kitchen sink in my baby bag.

Fili, I look forward to hearing what they say at your scan, you've came this far without finding out for certain the gender so try hard to resist looking at potty shots haha!

Hi Ladies,
On the topic of explosive poops. The bumgenius organics do NOT leak, but the disposables totally do. The bumgenius are very bulky however.

BUT when we were changing Grey yesterday, he squirted poop 3 feet across the room. No joke. It hit his changer, the wettie bin and the carpet. DH and I burst out laughing.

Fili,
Be prepared. BF poop is runny and explosive, lol. Plus if ne-mo is a boy, there will be lots of sneaky pee squirting around.

AFM,
Happy to report that it seems that Grey's one week growth spurt has finally come to an end. Last night he went 3, 4, 3.5 hours from start to start of feeds. Plus we were able to swaddle him and put him in his co-sleeper with me slightly snuggling him for the first time in a week. I am sooooo happy we did not do family bed yet. We fully planned on it after the week of exhaustion. DH was setting it up and then I voiced that it was not what I really wanted. We decided to stick with the co-sleeper and tough out some sleepless nights for a while, but then Grey shocked us. I am all for the family bed if you are not a deep sleeper and feel comfy with it. I am neither of these things. I feel safer with the co-sleeper and my hand on Grey.

Oh I remember the days when max had his poosplosions!!!

Now he can go a few days without pooping which is totally NORMAL btw!! I panicked when this started and took him to the docs but I was assured its totally fine in breastfed babies. Anything up to a week is normal. I asked why and the doc said because his body uses up all the breastmilk. How cool is that?!! As long as his stools aren't hard and dry. That would be a big sign of constipation :thumbup:
I have to watch out if he goes longer than two days tho!! Poosplosion just isn't the word :haha:

Embo,
When do the fewer poops start?

hi kat - dylan only poople once every 7-8 days at about 1- 1.5 months, then it was HUGE. that went on for about 1.5 months too, then it was every 2-3 days
glad you got a little sleep

Had my scan welfare scan today and OMFG! Memo is 9 lbs 9 already!!! Placenta healthy, amniotic fluid normal, right position, cord in front - good thing. But if I go to term at 40 weeks he could well be 10 pounds plus!! Not sure whether to push for an induction. That's what you get when you have a big husband (height wise he is 6ft 7) :wacko: he looked so cute though he has the cutest fattest cheeks! Sono said he was cute even! He massive though in the 95 - 98 percentile now for everything! I'll upload a pic later xxx

Fili, wow , he sounds like a big healthy baby! I dont think they should let you go too much overdue if he is on the bigger side, if its possible you should push for an induction. My niece was 9lbs 2 when born , I remember she was very long but wasnt fat or anything. Haha no doubt it is because your husband is so tall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->