Mums/Moms after Recurrent Losses (MARL) - Come join us!

Oh wow hoping. It's all moving along nicely. I can't believe what an awesome thing you're doing :)

so excited for you hoping! i loved being preg when i could feel them and not stress as much

fili- me-mo may be here soon, glad you got the dr appt. then after you have him you will hopefully not puke anymore

bumpy - d & a do tummy time, they get sick of it after maybe 10 min or so, they don't roll much at all, d likes to scoot around like a clock in his play gym

amanda- love to see pics and glad you are having a good time!

i just sold my twin breastfeeding pillow and nursing stool, feel bad that I will miss them! so many memories....

Evening mummies :)

Fili wow a big boy in there and so close to the end. Can't wait to see what team you're on :)

Hoping what a lovely gesture

Kat I am so pleased you came through the growth spurt, they're so touch BUT you really are doing a fantastic job and should be hugely proud of yourself. What you are doing is incredibly selfless and magical and wonderful. A big high five to you. Oh and any sucking is a good thing for your supply, just let baby drop off when ready, don't end a feed at 30 mins, honestly ignore the clock. Baby can't tell the time ;)

Embo Samuel's rolling from tummy to back too, he did roll back to tummy Christmas morning but not since so maybe fluke. He keeps wanting to stand now though :saywhat:

Head still in the shed so sorry if i missed you ummm tuckie, bumpy, ooooh congrats MrsM on your blue bump, boys rock! Lol. Who else.... Amanda, hopeful... Oh goodness sleep deprived here.

Samuel not sleeping too well, or maybe i'm blaming him because we're co-sleeping and i get practically no bed space between him and Gareth!! Good news is he's now 11lb 14oz woop!

MrsM,
Welcome and congrats!!!

Hoping,
So exciting!

Bumpy,
Lucky you, Alfie sleeping the night. Grey likes tummy time.

AFM,
Did anyone else's baby stlll have their cord stump over 3 weeks old? We have to have it cauterized next week if it doesnt fall off on it's own. I'm already tired of going to the doctors.

Thanks for the replies re tummy time girls! I'll keep persevering in short bursts! How exciting that some of the bubbas are now rolling!!!!

Pups that's great re Samuel!!! Whohoooooo! I'm getting Alfie weighed tomorrow - first time in a month. I wonder how much he weighs!!!

Hoping -gosh it's getting exciting isn't it for you!!!

Hopeful - glad you managed to sell some bits. Hope things are better at home for you honey x

Kat - I can't remember exactly when Alfie's cord stump came off. But he was in hosp until he was 11 days old and it was at least another week, maybe longer so that's getting on for 3 weeks. One day I just found it off and almost hanging in his nappy!!! My betting is it won't be long now xx

Bumpy, J hated tummy time so much he learned how to roll onto his back. He still can't/won't roll from his back onto his front. :haha:

Kat, our stump fell of after a good two weeks. It was a bit on the late side. Fingers crossed that Grey's falls off by itself soon fxfxfx

Fili, :rofl: another silver fox then? Please don't panic. How did your mother in law manage to birth your giant husband?

Hoping, that is so exciting! If you don't mind me asking, are you done with having children for yourself? Is there some kind of provision in case there is a complication and you lose your womb, for example? Sorry, I only ask because I had some blood loss during my section and in retrospect I was thinking through the what-ifs of that scenario. Personally, I think J is so wonderful that if I had to I could be happy with just this one child.

MrsM, I'll say congratulations again to you on this section, so happy for you and it is lovely that you've now got a boy so one of each just perfect. I just read your birth story there, it sounds like things progressed really quickly for you in the end, it just shows you how quickly you can end up dilating. Thats what happened to me aswell. Must have been strange giving birth in a room with 3 other woman as no time to get you to teh labour ward.

Bumpy, speaking of tummy time. Our health visitor said that its really imprtant for babies and also to avoid them getting a flat head, we try doing it to Emelia but she's not a big fan of it and goes into a temper tantrum after a whole minute I would say. Thats when on a playmat anyway but she does quite like lying on our stomachs when she gets the right position.

Hoping, I think its an amazing thing that your doing aswell.

Kat, Emelia's cord fell off at 6 days but apparently thats quite quick, I think all babies must be different, I wouldnt worry though if they can obviously intervene and take it off.

I've been struck down with this sickness and diarrhoea bug thats going around along with flu, I was stuck in bed all day yesterday whilst my husband attended to Emelia downstairs. It was really getting me down not being able to lift her and cuddle her, although we think she maybe has a touch of it aswell as she was crying for hours unsettled and had 3 diarrhoea nappies. We tried calling NHS24 and it just had a pre-recorded message to say you have to watch that babies dont become dehydrated. Its obviously rife just now. My mum has now took Emelia for the day to give us a bit of a break.

Back! Had a membrane sweep OUCH!! Plan of action is to induce me in a week well week on Monday so that's 2 days after my due date but I have two more sweeps booked for next week NOT looking forward to that. Anyway this means a chance for a natural birth which I'm over the moon with. My cervix is already soft and favourable and I'm 1cm dilated. Period pain is intense now though. An Nhs doctor and consultant studied my case so I'm happy with their verdict. They're not going to let me go over anyway! Any bets on when memo will arrive?! And what do you think fatty bum bum's weight will be?! I reckon he / she will be 10.5 lbs

Just I hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Pip she had forceps in the end at 9 lbs 14. Think I might be happy with one after all this too!!

Fili that's so exciting. I hated my sweeps. I felt violated after :haha:

Do you think they helped em? The doctor was such a lovely lady i felt so at ease!

Fili, I hope these sweeps bring things on. I would start doing every trick in book to bring on labour naturally aswell, lots of housework and long walks etc. Thats good news that they wont let you go over. As others have said aswell these growth scans can be accurate or be out by quite a bit so your baby may not be so big as you think.
It sounds good that your cervix is favourable and your already 1cm dilated, that sounds promising. When my waters broke I was only 1cm dilated and cervix was unfavourable but labour still progressed quickly.

oooh fili! hoping this starts you off nicely hun... good luck !

hoping- sorry im asking but what are you being matched for? i havent read back the whole thread so not sure on whats going on lol :/

justkeep- sorry to hear you've been ill hun hope your feeling better sweetie :( x

kat- noahs cord came off day 5 hun hope you and baby grey are doing ok ?

puppy- hello hun sorry to hear samuel isnt sleeping too well atm :( hope he starts sleeping better for you asap ... how are you other then sleep deprived hun? x

hello to all you other ladies, hope you and all your babies are doing great :)

AFM- well.. i gave up feeding... i was in agony.. i could bearly move.. couldnt hold noah... couldnt even give josh a hug.. i just couldnt continue like that.. so i brought some formula, i feel bad for stopping but i just couldnt do it any more i gave up on tuesday when noah was 2 week old... i dont know how you ladies do it! you deserve medals... he has taken well to the bottle and is much more settled and seeping better now.
i have the health visitor coming monday so will see if he has gained weight! other then that im great! noahs great! its all great! cant believe he will be 3 weeks old on tuesday :0 its gone so quick!

Didn't do diddly squat for me Fili!!
They've worked for two of my friends on here tho :)

One of my RL friends had a sweep at 39+5 and she had her lo 24 hours later. They defo work if you're favourable to begin with.

My cervix was extremely posterior and long but soft and dilated 1-2 cm's (not uncommon when you've already had children)

Fili. If you have a clary sage bath don't let out the water and then try to get out!!! I stupidly did this and it took Gav and my daughter to get me out :rofl: :rofl:

Lol em!! I do remember reading about that in your journal!! Do you think clary sage works? I use it in the shower but I hate the smell!

Thanks just! That's really reassuring too! I'm so tired though my walking and nesting instincts have buggered off!

Hopefully one more week till I graduate to here with fatty bum bum and then I can join the mummy conversations! :yipee:

I actually really liked the smell so that helped but I don't think it did anything to help with labour. It did really relax me and I slept really well the first couple of times I used it.

Can't wait to see pics of fatty bum bum!! Do you still think boy Fili?

Yeah I think boy but I am prepared for a girl too as no one has ever officially confirmed boy. I don't think that baby's size means it's necessarily a boy though... I had such a strong instinct at 6 weeks and I'm sure I saw the potty shot on the 20 week scan when I was told to look away!

Hopeful- I felt bad selling my nursery glider too. Tim thought I was being silly since we hardly ever used it and it was just taking up space. I spent a lot more time in it when I was pregnant. I would sit in it and look at the finished nursery while I day dreamed of my baby.

Puppycat- how awesome you got a back to tummy roll Christmas morning! It seems that all babies favor tummy to back before getting the hang of back to tummy. Penny was the same way and right about 4 months she loved standing. I bought her a walker at that time and she loved it!

Kat- Penny’s fell off pretty quick at about a week old. I hope Grey’s falls off soon to save you another trip to the doctors plus it is much easier to change a diaper when you don’t have to worry about the cord.

Petitpas- I don’t mind. Yes, we are done having children and are beyond happy to just have our little threesome. We have a great balance and I love it. I am protected against unforeseen medical emergencies like that and the parents also purchase life insurance for me incase the unthinkable happens. Once we get matched with a couple the next step is contracts. The agency I work with has provided me a lawyer and we will go through every detail of the contract to make sure it is what I want. If I am uncomfortable with any of it I can choose to back out or request changes. :thumbup:

Just- that bug you and Emelia have sounds awful. It is even worse when your LO one is sick and you don’t have the energy plus it is just so sad to see them like that. It is lovely that your mom is taking her for the day so you can get some rest. Feel better soon!

Fili- I hope the sweep is successful! I predict he will come on the 8th and will weigh 9 pounds 5 oz (I’m thinking a little smaller for your sake:winkwink:). Do your have a birthing ball? The last few weeks I probably hopped on that thing multiple times a day and walked 3 miles almost every day. Apparently it helps to move the baby down and it made me feel better because I felt like I was at least doing something to get my baby here. Good luck!!!

Abi- no worries! I am going to be a gestational surrogate (the baby will NOT be genetically related to me) so I am being matched with intended parents. Don’t feel bad about switching to formula. The important thing is that you tried and 2 weeks of breast feeding is so much better than no breast milk at all.

AFM- Thank you all for being so supportive! Tim and I looked over the profiles last night. Well actually I read them over and over all day yesterday and would call Tim every 30 minutes because I was so excited:haha:. We really like one of the couples. They have an amazing story and it really touched me. The way the husband described the wife reminds me a little of my mother as well. We are going to let the agency know we would like to meet them and then make our final decision. I’m so completely nervous and excited all at the same time!

hoping- wow thats such a lovely thing to do hun! well i hope one of the matches are right :) and i know that 2 weeks bf is better then none but still doesnt make me feel any better i kind of feel like i failed a little bit :( my OH is happy though it means he can now feed noah! but he doesnt do night feeds i still do themas he works and has to get up early josh fed noah for the first time the other day too was so cute :) he is a very proud big brother ! heres a pic :) sorry bout the cut on joshs nose... he nose dived a few days ago and that was the result! lol x

Attachments

• josh feeding noah!.jpg
    josh feeding noah!.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79