Mums/Moms after Recurrent Losses (MARL) - Come join us!

Wow Fili. That's a big baby you got there.

Oliver was my biggest baby at 8lb 15 and I'm not just saying this but his was the easiest labour and birth. Gravity helps with a big baby.

My friend was estimated to have a 9lb baby and her lo came out at only 6lb something. But then another friend was estimated at 9lb plus and hers came in at just under 10lb!!

Hi ladies! I think it's time to join you! I'm delighted and more than a little surprised to announce the arrival, just after midnight on January 3rd (my due date according to ovulation and conception) of Louis, another Louis to join the gang! 7 lb 2!! A dinky little boy! I was expecting a huge girl! He is absolutely adorable. He looks just like his sister, with a mop of dark hair and big eyes and a very comical little face. Already I think he is a little character. He has already had a good feed and a good sleep. I progressed from only 2cm dilated (which took forever to get there) to having him in less than 3 hours. They didn't even have time to get me on the labour ward, I had him in a room with 3 other ladies who had been induced and were all the same as me, quietly contracting every 3 minutes or so. Then suddenly my contractions became immense, my waters broke, they came to examine me and his head was crowning so I had him there and then. No stitches, and a couple of puffs of gas and air right at the end.

Oh and Edie was 8lb 4 and her labour was easier and quicker too.

Wow Mrsm! That's awesome!!! Congratulations and welcome Louis!!! I bet Edie is super excited. So happy for you!

Congratulations!!! :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: Can't wait to hear how thrilled Edie is when she meets him!! So happy for you!! Xxxx

Thanks embo, going to call the midwife this morning, wondering about induction but i know that's not ideal, don't want him / her getting much bigger though. Apparently they pack on half a pound a week :wacko: as I remember induction worked for you didn't it?

It worked hun but it took three days and hated every second!!! Obviously not the second he was put in my arms!!

My induction with abi was the best! Went in at 7am. Had pessary. Waters broken couple hours later. All over at 11am!!! I did go over 13 days tho so I think she was ready to be nudged!!!

I'll congratulate you here also! Welcome to MARL :D
Will be stalking for pics of Louis!

Wow what a birth story! Love it!! I bet Edie adores her little brother?
Take it easy sweetheart, rest up and enjoy your perfect family xxx

Thanks em that's really useful to know. Maybe I'll just let it be, if mirander Kerr can do it naturally no pain relief with a ten pounder, I can!!

Does anyone know what 2/5 engaged means? I have no idea but that's what I am!

Fili, you can do it! See how you go,nobody will hold it against you if you use pain relief :kiss:

MrsM, wow! I wonder what the other ladies in the room thought :rofl:
So pleased your little man arrived safe and well - big congratulations :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Kat, although going days without a poo is normal, so is the opposite. My little man went like clockwork, just before lunch every day.

Fil, 2/5 engaged is how far down his head is ready for delivery, they measure it in 5ths. I was 2/5ths at my 38 week check.

Massive congrats Mrs M!!! I'm beyond thrilled for you. 7lbs2oz isn't dinky in my book! 2 lbs heavier than Delilah was.

Sorry I haven't been around. I'm reading everything, but am enjoying my time away from a computer in Florida. Having a wonderful time. I don't want to leave.

Just- babies sure are unpredictable! I was caught off guard a few times so I always over pack the diaper bag now just incase. It gets easier once they are older and not eating and going to the bathroom around the clock:thumbup:. I can now easily go shopping without having to worry about explosions or fits for a bottle.

Kat- I’m glad everything worked itself out and Grey is back to his happy self. That is too funny about the 3 feet poop squirt! :haha:

Embo- that is very interesting. I had no idea that was the reason why breast fed babies can go so long without a poo.

Fili- wow you are going to have the cutest baby with chubby cheeks! Your hubby sure is tall! I thought mine was at 6ft3. I hope gravity is in your favor and his birth won’t be as hard as you imagine. Ultrasounds are not 100% correct so there is still a chance he will be smaller than they predict. I wouldn’t want to go over due either but inductions can be rough too- pitocin contractions are no fun. Talk to your doc and see what your best option is.

Mrs. Miggins- Congrats on your little boy! One of each sounds perfect!:D

Amanda- It sounds like the two of you are having a fantastic time with your family. I hope you are taking lots of pictures of the gorgeous girl of yours!

AFM-Penny FINALLY got her 3rd tooth! Yes, that’s right, 14 months old and only has 3 teeth:dohh:. All three are on the bottom.

We have been cleared to be matched!!!:happydance: The counselors are now busy trying to find a good selection of intended parents for us. Crazy!!! Hopefully I will have a list and profiles to view within the next week.

How's your first day been mrsm? Has Edie had a cuddle?

Alfie has always been a once a day pooping kinda guy....and after hearing about this big poop explosions I'm feeling quite greatful lol!!! He did leak a few times - poo and wee When younger but rarely does now. I remember the flying poop days though kat - hilarious!! A did that in his incubator when in hospital and its hard enough changing a nappy through two small armholes anyway but 100x harder when there is poop flying around too!!! Glad grey has been a bit more settled for you the last day or so.

Just - I always take an outfit change when I go out just in case. I rarely need it but you never know! More pics please!

Heart sounds like you are having a great time! Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back!

Fili as the other girls have said those measurements are often out but I think it's sensible to be seeing your consultant to discuss the next steps forward. Can't wait to meet neemo!!!

Hoping - yay we defo need a tooth pic!! That's fab news re the matching so happy for you!

Can't remember what else I read but hope everyone is well. Hi Davies, puppy, Croydon, embo, tuckie etc. anyone heard from Sara? She hasn't posted in a while.

AFM - we are good. Alfie's a lovely happy baby and I'm very lucky. He sttn most nights now and if he wakes I can usually settle him without a feed. We still have odd feeding issues but overall his reflux seems to be on its way out. He's not the biggest fan of tummy time though and I don't think we do it enough with him. His head is really strong, yet on his front he won't really lift it much. It's something I need to concentrate on I think as I've been reading up about the benefits and how important it is. Do all your babies love being on their tummies?

Bumpy. Max used to hate tummy time so I'd just have him do it at five minute intervals three times a day and gradually increase it. Even now he only stays on his tummy ten minutes at a time. He's rolling now tho!!
Do you know that if he lies on your tummy it counts as tummy time? I didn't, but when I think about all the time he spent on daddy's chest I don't feel so bad!! Plus if you do it on you, you can angle yourself so its not too flat for him.

Thanks ladies and sorry for the selfish post coming up bit stressed! -

Well hubs decided that aside from the Nhs consultant we see on Monday we need to see someone tomorrow. He asked me if I had any contacts we could see :haha: just a few! One consultant who helped me for free during my miscarriages via email and phone is an expert in delivery and based at the very prestigious Portland hospital. Anyway I dropped him an email to explain fatty bum bum's predicament and he said he could see us tomorrow. In his email back to us he said we need an induction if favourable or a c section ASAP. He didn't push his private hospital in fact he said it was very expensive there and he said the Nhs should do it as giving natural birth will pose problems if baby gets much bigger. He is so lovely and so handsome too lol lol lol! I think if he delivered my baby I would be too distracted! I think the Nhs will leave me to rot if I don't start pushing now (no pun intended or maybe it was! ) Our plan is to go to the Nhs on Monday with our decision and what this consultant said then they can't fob us off. ATM I have a strong feeling I'm going to opt for an induction if poss and mentally prep for a planned c section unless labour starts tonight.

Hoping what you're doing is wonderful and AMAZING! xx

Fili-being to distracted by the hot doctor:haha: I'm glad you are getting somewhere and coming up with a plan for your little-big guy! You will have him in your arms in no time!

Bumpy- Penny hated tummy time too! The only way she enjoyed it is if we laid her on our belly or put her on the Boppy pillow. We only did tummy time a couple times a day for short periods but by the time she was 7 months she was crawling well.

Holy crap... there are 3 couple's profiles waiting for me to review:shock::wacko: AND they want me to let them know what I think in a few days! I'm excited and just dying to read the profiles but nervous all at the same time. This is the beginning!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->