Mums/Moms after Recurrent Losses (MARL) - Come join us!

Be careful doing that cos it *could* mess up your supply. No longer that 2 hours IMO.

Ive seen that about the dairy. Two weeks I think someone said the other day.

Tell me to shush if I'm being too busy body!!

Embo- no worries, I'm open to any & all advice or ideas! I will research it more. Thanks :)

I have a couple of questions for you ladies myself! They're totally unrelated, but are any of you using BFing as sole birth control method? I'm nearing the six week mark & I'm sure OH is dying to BD lol I'm thinking I'll have him pull out too though just to be safe (tmi- sorry!)

2nd question is about poop! Bay's poops are pretty mucousy sometimes. They're always green or yellow & pretty liquidy too but I noticed this morning a pretty mucousy BM. Also, everyone says a BF newborn doesnt have smelly poops but hers stink bad! like rotten eggs or sulfur kinda. Anyone else notice that with their LO?

I was going to use BF as our only form of birth control, but now I am not sure at all because the idea of going through another pregnancy while having to take care of my high-needs baby is unthinkable. Before I was thinking of having a 2nd ASAP, but now I am thinking a family of 3 is good =).
I would definitely use the pullout to be sure at first (unless you are okay with another pregnancy). Then once you get AF, you can do the icycle beads app on your phone. it works. i used this and pull out only before TTC. we got pregnant 3/3 times when TTC... so the icycle beads app works for normal length cycles. I might do a copper IUD. I honestly cannot imagine caring for 2 kids right now.

Grey's poops do not smell at all. I also heard that BF babies poops don't smell, so I was confused with your pic of your DH changing a stinky diaper. No mucous. Sorry I am not more helpful. Your dr doesn't think anything of it, so nothing to worry about. I am sure you and DH just want the stink to stop. The foremilk imbalance causes poop to turn bright green like relish, i heard. I doubt you have this with your long feeds. I don;t know if this is true, but google says that a dairy allergy makes the poop look like ketchup is in it. There are pics of baby poop with diagnosis.

Just googled Bay's poop symptoms: dairy protein intolerance might be to blame. Embo might be on to something.

Just popped by to catch up with all you lovely mummy's an wish you all a happy new yr x can't wait to join you all "next month" xx

Tuckie...I also suffered from oversupply really bad until about 13 weeks :wacko: I block fed Louis so would only feed from one side in four hour blocks. Not sure if that makes sense but if Louis had a feed, next feed I'd out him on same boob if it was within four hours. You need Bay to effectively transfer milk and drain the breast to help with the oversupply. A great website is Kellymom...it has so much info (sorry Em I know it's completely opposite to what you suggest!) I was also given that advice from a LC. The only way my oversupply settled was to correct the latch too.

Ladies I have been reading but I'm so far behind on all my usual thread that I'm reading and running in a vain attempt to keep up....and failing miserably :rofl:

XxX

Nsn you have experience. I only know what I've read. I'd go with experience every time hun :thumbup:

Thanks for the help girls!

I read up on it some today and I'm confused. I'm just not sure if its oversupply or dairy sensitivity :shrug: seems like it could be either.
The thing that makes me think its not milk is that they're only green sometimes & I eat dairy everyday. I never eat a lot but I have it in some form daily so wouldn't all the poos be green? On the other hand, if its oversupply making her poos green from too much foremilk, that doesn't really explain the odor, does it? :shrug:

I started doing 2 hours on each boob today & going to start block feeding like NSN mentioned but I'm going to try 2 hour blocks. I'm going to try this first & see if that changes anything.

NSN- thanks for your advice too. Kellymom is a good site. I use it often :thumbup:

Kat- I'm with you on not wanting to get pregnant again anytime soon. OH & I said before she was here that we wanted her at least potty trained before #2 & now I'm even more sure of that decision. It's too hard to get things done with just one kid & OH's help. Thanks for the icycle app recommendation :)

Kat, I felt exactly the same as you after having Edie. This is what I always tried to tell Fili, you feel so differently about the thought of being pregnant again when you have a baby. It took me until she was 1 to realise I did want another, and she was a very easy baby.
My plan is to try the Merino iud this time as the mini pill disagreed with me, but ultimately Mark wants to get the snip as he is adamant this is the last baby.
Night 3 at home last night, and our biggest success. My milk started to come in yesterday and Louis wanted to feed quite a lot which I was encouraging as I wanted to avoid engorgement. He cluster fed from tea time up until 11 when we went up to bed. I gave him a final feed in bed and put him in his Moses basket. After a terrible night the night before where he wouldn't settle in it at all I had put one of my nighties in it so it smelt of me, and rolled up a towel and put it down one side so it didn't seem as big. I don't know if either of these things worked but he settled straight away. He woke up at 1am, fed for 45 minutes and then slept through until 5.45 am. He struggled a bit to latch as my boobs are colossal.
I have found feeding so much easier second time round.
Tuckie I am sorry I don't know what to suggest but the block feeding seems like a good idea. Edie never had smelly poo but once it turned dark green like grass. The doctor wasn't concerned but it freaked me out.

Not sure whether it helps but I also block feed. 2-3 hours for each boob. We had some green almost frothy poos and a friend pointed out to me that it might be too much foremilk. See how you get on.
My milk supply didn't settle until around 6 weeks. I then found out that it is normal for my breasts to remain soft even when J was due a feed - I thought I was suddenly always empty :dohh:

Abi, my Mum 'failed' my older sister, too. The poor girl is really tall (a head taller than us average sized breastfed siblings) and is working on a PhD. I'm sure your LO will grow very nicely, too.

Hoping, I'm glad you have everything covered. The couple you are helping are so lucky to have you. I'm sure they won't have had an easy ride to get to where they are now. You really are a star!

Peti- after starting to block feed, did you notice if the poo changed?

Tuckie I have no suggestion for the feeding sorry. Nsn always has good advice.

I'm on the
Mini pill and don't mind it. I have several close together cousins and a hubby born 11months after his sister from the bf theory. Pulling out might work but I personally think some for of contraception is best. Like a few of you u had originally planned on starting Ttc in feb but Owen is an easy baby who is a handful.

I need some help - Owen has been so unsettled since returning from holiday. I think it's teeth but for the first time in 5 months I have to feed him to sleep at night otherwise the screaming could go on for hours. He had me and Tom running to his room his scream was horrendous. I'd given bonjella and panadol for the teeth and done all the settling thing but nothing.
Is it common at his age? I'm at my wits end on how to help him and get him back to being the good sleeper he was two weeks ago

Just :hugs: I can't help with sleeping, we are only just coming to grips with it.

Tuckie, we didn't have green consistently, it was more a retrospective aha moment and from then on I was more consistent with the block feeding.
Has it been going on for long?
I think teething poos were green, too. With J's first tooth we had 11+ poos/day in all shapes, sizes and colours. It could have been an infection J caught or just the tooth :shrug:
Baby poo is such a hot topic!

Afternoon mummies / mommies! Hoping I can join in on the baby poo discussion in a few days!! Lol to trying again soon I'm not so sure now either :haha:
So my plan now is to book in for an elective c section early next week. My only reason for this is memo's estimated size - I just have a strong instinct I am going it have trouble getting him out and combined with the stats of emcs for everyone (30% chance) plus more emcs for inductions I reckon that with memo's size (perhaps??) my chances of an emcs are very high anyway. C sections are not automatically recommended for larger babies so i am going to have to use the emotional angle - which is true anyway, I will not be able to labour properly as I will be petrified about memo getting stuck or shoulder dystocia to be exact. Original birth plan out of the window then - no pain relief and all natural! Oh well, feel at peace with decision and slept so well last night, just hoping and praying the consultant agrees to it!!

Hi ladies pleased were on poo talk lol!! For 2 weeks I have had lexi with at least 3 dirty nappies a day!! Runny poo! Not explosive but def there!! Had had rosy cheeks sore bum FTC all classic teeth symptoms but no sign on a tooth!!! Any ideas???

Hoping I wish you luck with surragocy hope all goes well its an amazing job Hun xx

How's everyone else??
Kellie pups what are you feeding ur boys? Veg? Fruit etc? X

Ok cool will pm u mine to I'm on my iPhone so not 100 % I can look at messages? X

Tuckie i'm a bit late to the discussion but just to say i agree it could be either foremilk imbalance or dairy intolerance. For us it was the dairy and now we've been doing it about 6 r 7 weeks Samuel's a million times better. He doesnt have skin issues either but he was very unsettled, green frothy poo, slow weight gain and severe reflux

Hi everyone.
I've been MIA for a few weeks, just completely overwhelmed and having trouble coping. Eva still won't let me put her down. We have 2, 30 minute periods a day when she'll sit happily in her crib or on her play mat but that's it. Otherwise she's always on me. I've got a Baba sling (which I love) so I can get a few things done, but it's exhausting.
More exhausting at the moment is the tension between dh and I. We had a row a few days before new years and it still hasn't resolved. He left for a business trip and came back but we're still barely speaking. I told him I feel like I'm getting zero emotional support... he's great with the practical stuff, but when I'm shattered and it's 3 am and Eva's crying I don't need him to ask me "why's she crying again"... it just sounds like an accusation. I told him this yesterday and he said it was in my head and that since I don't appreciate the help he was giving me he'll stop and has now stopped helping out at all. I was sobbing in the nursery last night and he just came and closed the door so he wouldn't have to hear me. I never realized he could be so cruel. I'm so hurt and so tired and I feel like I can't get through to him at all.

I'm really sorry to vent like this, especially since I haven't been around in a few weeks... it seems horribly selfish.

I really hope everyone is doing well! I'm going to try to read back and catch up!

Aww Sara massive hugs Hun,that does not sound good :nope: you need all the emotional support you can get. Is work stressing him out or something?

Fili- He certainly has his share of work stress... he's been traveling a ton lately whish is har on both of us. I'm such a wreck though it's crazy. Right now he just poured himself a glass of wine an drew himself a bath... I've barely been able to shower and when I heard the water running I started to cry again. Certainly part of this is me- I'm very hormonal and unbelievably sleep deprived (about 3 hours total last night), both of which make me cranky but for f-sake I feel like I get a bit of a pass right now.
How are you doing? I saw that you're going for the elective C. What's the date then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->