Mums/Moms after Recurrent Losses (MARL) - Come join us!

fili- good luck tomorrow hun, cant wait to see pics and find out if bubba is actully a he like you think! :D

loving all the baby photos :D will upload some new ones of noah maybe later on today :D

afm- had health visior round today she weighed my cunk and he now weighs 9lb 3 oz!!!! what a chubba! he is doing so well, i managed the school run this morning fine, i wasnt even running late :D very proud of myself was a nice peaceful day today too :) tomorrow im going to 2 baby groups one in the morning and one in the afternoon im pretty excited to be back on the baby group scene! its one of the best part of being a parent!

hope your all doing well and enjoying your babies! while there still small! lol x

Croy, that video is brilliant, thanks for posting that haha.

Abi, it sounds like Noah is doing great, thats a brilliant weight now, Emelia weighed that at 5 weeks and she now seems to be over 11lbs when we jumped on the scales with her.
Im looking forward to starting baby groups aswell, I've signed up for baby sensory which starts on Friday, Ive heard great things about it., as you say though its a good part of parenthood I imagine to get out and about meeting similar people.

Fili- FANTASTIC NEWS !!!!! I can't believe you're going to meet your rainbow tomorrow!! No worries about the section, mine was a breeze... Don't freak out if you get the shakes afterwards... it's really common and they go away quickly.

Embo- I love the pics of Max sitting and playing... so cute.

Tuckie, Kat- It seems like the three of us are in the same boat with very "hi maintenance" babies. It's so hard when they wont let you put them down... I'm trying to stay positive and listen to the ladies with older babies who keep reassuring us it gets better.

Bumpy- 12 hour of sleep!!!!!!! Well done Alfie! I'm living vicariously through you.

It's funny how quickly we change our minds about having more children once we realize how hard it is with just one. We/re still theoretically going to start trying again after the summer, but I can't imagine it.
I'm really enjoying all the talk of weaning and making baby food... I love breastfeeding, but it is hard work!

Huge thanks to everyone for the support. The situation remains unresolved for the moment. I wrote him a long email but I don't know if he's read it yet. We've always been so close... I just reeling from how quickly and completely all communication has broken down.

Hi All,

NSN,
Hahaha about your car seat routine.
I read The Happiest Baby on the Block which is all about the 4th trimester. We knew all the tools to deal with this, but it is still sooooo frustrating. The tools work to calm Grey, but not get him to stay asleep.

Tuckie,
Bay looks so cute! Love the smile.
How do you get her to keep her pacifier in. I have reintroduced it out of desperation, but he drops it after a minute or so.
Yes, Grey loves the Ergo because he is held and BOUNCED in it. He must be bounced to be happy. I guess I did too much exercise when I was pregnant. Now DH and I must walk with him in the carrier or bounce on the exercise ball for him to calm. If I am holding him, I must bounce him up and down till my arms fall off. I am going to have buff Mom arms.

Embo,
I don't know how you ever managed 3 and then wanted another. Super mom.
Yay for Max! Love the cute pic.

Fili,
So exciting hon!!! Can't wait to see the pics.

Bumpy,
Wow, Alfie is a great sleeper!
Good luck with you fitness pal thing. Wow, 1200 calories is sooooooooo low!!!! I eat that in one meal, no joke... But I love rich, fatty foods like cheese and Ben and Jerry's.

Croy,
Hilarious!!!

Heart,
Aren't you supposed to be enjoying your vacation =).

Sara,
Keep getting support on here hon. I hope DH responds well to your email. No one is prepared for just how much change a baby brings about and how tough a baby is. I have been short-tempered repeatedly with DH in the last few weeks with him not pulling his weight... He really is trying but after years of me doing all the housework and cooking, he literally doesn't know what to do. It has all been spelled out now.

AFM,
Sorry for the long post...Advice/Insight welcome:

I slept with my boob in the co-sleeper and me on the edge of the bed and the co-sleeper. My hips hurt. I gave up at 8am and just put him in the bed with me for an hour, so my hip could stop hurting. I think we are sticking with this routine because it kept Grey from fussing last night. Our first night without tons of crying. DH told me he feels so guilty for getting so much sleep last night, lol, while I had to have my boob in Grey's mouth for 8/12 of the hours. He uses me as a pacifier and my nipples hurt. It is not liveable, but he drops his paci and refuses it after a couple of beats. I don't know what to do about that. I am going to do the same thing tonight because I can't think of a better solution for the time being. I hate the all night buffet my boobs are, but I hate him crying and fussing all night much more. At 9am he wanted back on the boob AGAIN, but I wasn't having it. I had DH put him in the Ergo and leave me be in bed. Of course, Grey did not cry to be fed again for 2.5 hours after this, which confirms he wasn't really that hungry and wanted to nurse for comfort. I mean no child needs to eat 8 out of 12 hours.

He as fussing on my Left boob this morning after 15 min and milk was still coming out. DH changed him and we switched to the right and no fussing though he pulled off and back on several times. He then switched to only sucking my nipple, so I successfully switched him to a pacifier. I am frustrated with this fussy BF behavior since it JUST started. He used to NEVER fuss at the boob. I was so afraid I wasn't feeding him from the Left, but when I squeezed, milk was coming out. Kelly's mom says he might be unhappy with the slower flow near the end. He used to be fussy with the Right fast flow, but I guess he has now adjusted. Aaaargh it's hard.

Thanks guys.
Kat. Everyone says that I must be mad starting all over again with max. My oldest boy is 11 and just started 'big school' so we were seeing light at the end of the tunnel as far as freedom is concerned :haha:
When I met Gav, one of the first things I told him was that I didn't want any more children. I wanted to get it out there straight away because he's an only child without any kids. I though his parents were for sure pressuring him to give them a grandchild. Nope. None of them were bothered about having that biological child/grandchild! They took to being step dad/step grandparents so well though.

All that changed when we had a false alarm and I thought I was pregnant but it turned out I either had a faulty test or a chemical. We were ecstatic when we saw those two lines and devastated when it was over before it began! That's when we realised we wanted a baby. It took exactly three years from me having the coil out to having Max in our arm!

Phew sorry for the essay!!

Fili how you feeling? I'm so excited for you :) :) :)

Kat - have you seen the weighted pacifiers? My firends swear by them. I didn't know about htem until Levi had given up taking one but I wonder if he would have kept it if he had one of these that stay more easily in their mouths. The brand they use is Wubbanub pacifers. It like a small yoy attached tot he paci that is weighted so when you put the pacifier in you lay the toy on baby's chest and it supports the paci and help the baby keep it in.

Just a thought of something that might help.

Heart - Levi could be teething, he has been drooling like crazy and has red cheeks but I feel as though he has been like this for over a month and there is no sign of anything happening gum wise! I guess they can feel crappy a long time before any teeth actually pop through. I am hoping it happens soon for his sake and so that I can get some sleep. I am so tired. I guess its the flip side of having a pretty good sleeper, when he isn't it hits like a ton of bricks!

Sara I am glad you had a chance to write out your feelings. I think that is how my hubby would best receive it too. It gives them a chance to rellly think about what you are saying with out the pressure of you staring at them as they thin about it and figure out a response.

Oh my goodness, without fail when Levi is in the jumperoo it makes him poo. It's so funny, but good news for this little guys for whom poos were hardto come by sometimes! haha

Ok, back to the to do list. Talk to you later girls x

Hi ladies, fili mega excited enjoy ur last supper as a couple Tom be a family fun times xxx

Heart pleased d was good for u, me an Croy have jumperoos an love them!! Lexi really enjoys hers x

Embo max is so sturdy, lex will sit for few mins then falls but not as sturdy as max looks!! Gorgeous profile pic xx

Kat I like heart used to prop a mountain of pillows an sleep with lexi on me upright an ultra fussy nights it worked! Might have to kick hubs out an sleep in middle if bed! X

Just I gave lexi carrot today for the first time, she didn't love it but we r only just starting really. Swede Tom x

Croy were r in the same boat again, our once good sleepers turned into 4-6 hours maximum, I'm not good in the mornings now. X

Sara how are you are things any better?? X

Jodi, how r u? Busy with twinnes xx

Bump nsn hoping tuckie tracie an everyone else hello xxxx

Will write more later but stalking! Gotta go get kids from their nap and feed them. They r doing great. Love everyone's pics and updates!

Croy,
I did not know about the pacifier weight things. Just saw a video of it. Seems like a good idea and it says it is okay from birth. I am a bit confused since I read that you are not supposed to have stuffed animals with the baby until 1. I guess it is good for diaper changes and times where I can supervise. Great tip. I hope Levi's tooth comes in shortly.

Davies,
Thanks for 2nding Heart's tip of the pillow mound.

Hopeful,
Hope all is well and better for you Hon.

I only remember a little bit of what I read so forgive me in advance!

Sara- I hope your email is the start of some healing between you and DH :hugs:

Bumpy- 1200 calories!?! I need that much just to BF LOL I downloaded the app you recommended. It looks like a good one :thumbup:

Fili- you'll officially be a marl tomorrow :happydance: can't wait for the pics of memo & gender confirmation too!

Croy- that's the same video Davies posted on fb :) love it! I never heard of the weighted pacis. Im going to look for them

Kat- as you know, Bay and I bedshare and she will sleep almost through the night now. We do a change in the middle of the night and we switch boobs when she wakes up hungry. She falls off my boob and sleeps next to me for many hours throughout the night. If I pick her up and put her in her bassinet she either wakes up & won't go back to sleep or she'll only sleep for an hour or two and then she's wailing. I think the reason she sleeps so long is because she can feel my skin, hear my heartbeat, and smell me which comforts her and makes her sleep more deeply. So with Grey, maybe just have some part of your skin touching him? Like maybe have your hand on his cheek or something. My boob is always on her cheek when she sleeps lol but I've also read moms will roll up a piece of their clothing and put it near them in their cribs so they can smell them. Anyways just an idea....as far as pacis, Bay loves her pacis IF she is in the mood for it. Sometimes she just insolently spits it back at me :haha: she does have her favorites though too and some pacis she'll use much longer. Her favorites are the soothies & these little butterfly shaped ones...I don't remember the brand. I'll try to find a pic of it. Anyways, you may have to play around with different brands. All her pacis are 0+ or 0-3 mo.

https://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac76/mermaids84/394D5F35-5E58-458B-8E81-C80AA12C551F-241-0000002BDBED9EA2.jpg

This is Bay 'milk drunk' (that's what OH and I call this altered state) :haha: but this is what her other favorite paci looks like :)

Awe tuckie. I love her milk drunk pic. I remember taking one of Max's drunken sailor looks. He had milk all in his face!! Ill try to find it for you and post it :)

Oh yeah, post it! :D we've got some of those with milk all over her face like a little glutton :haha:

Found it on photo bucket. Can't believe how jaundiced he was....

https://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee484/embo-78/B1C18ECD-C9A0-45C1-A550-CCC500912458-27404-00002B250EF14EE9.jpg

Do any other mums have milk drunk baby pics?

LOL!

Ok last one :D

https://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac76/mermaids84/5AF4BAAA-3CB1-4DFE-8EDA-25BA0A6EA49D-241-0000002F93CB9A5F.jpg

Just found this one!! Cheeky bugger!!

https://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee484/embo-78/F545131C-C2A7-4667-A17B-34C53DFD4FDB-32228-0000319858210EED.jpg

Loving all the milky pics. I need to figure out how to post pics in here, what program do you bring them in from?

Davies I loved that levi and lexi are at the same stage so we can compare! Makes me hope its just a phase that will pass. I need more sleep!
What has she liked to eat? I am doing the same thing for 3 data, its the way the doctor told me to introduce it, I think its to do with allergies or something. So the first few days I did a quarter if a Rusk mixed with breast milk. The the last few days I have done the avicabdo mixed with breast milk which he can't get enough of. Tomorrow we start carrots. I have also steamed and pureed pears and parsnips for the future and they are in ice cube trays in 1Tbsp portions. I also have a pumpkin, sweet potatoes and peas to make. I think its so fun to do it!
One if the recipes in my book is a cherry puree that you make with frozen cherries so I need to find some because it looks delicious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->