Mums/Moms after Recurrent Losses (MARL) - Come join us!

Welcome to the luckiest thread on B&B Fili!! Can't wait to see your little girl!

Loving the milk drunk pics! I love looking at baby pics. I could look at them all day! Thanks for sharing ladies.

Can't wait to see Fili's little one!!!!

A girl! Wow, well done. I was convinced boy! Lol

She wasn't anywhere near as big as they said either, although a good size all the same!

No way Fili, haha I cant believe you've actually had a baby girl! Thats fantastic news, Im delighted for you and cant wait to see pictures. I hope your recovering well. Take care x

Congrats Fili :) loving all the milk drunk pics!

Wow! You girls sure have been busy on this thread. It took me forever to read and respond. Sorry if I missed anyone!

Cazi- I really hope you are over the stomach virus you had.

Embo- Max is beyond adorable in you avatar. He has the most beautiful eyes! Adorable about him raspberry blowing. You are brave starting all over but I’m sure it is wonderful to experience it all again and give your hubby one of his own. I’m sure your older kids just adore him.

Just- is sounds like you and baby Owen are doing great besides maybe going through the teething phase. I’ve had several episodes where Penny would not settle or sleep through the night but it always corrected itself and usually was due to teething. I hope he is doing better.

Tuckie- 1. We didn’t use any birth control until I got the non-hormonal IUD in may (Penny was almost 7 months old) but we did use the pull out method. Probably not the smartest thing to do since we don’t want any more kids but this method worked for us for almost 4 years. DH plans to get a vasectomy in the near future. 2. Penny had mildly smelly poos when I was breastfeeding. Just wait until you feed her solids! Its horrible. I hope you figure out the breastfeeding/poo dilemma. Yay for baby smiles and so funny about her boob cheek at night!!!:haha:

Kat- I had the copper IUD and loved it! I would forget I even had it. I am not a fan of hormonal birth control so this was the perfect option for me. I have it out now because of the surrogacy (now on bcp). I’m sorry you are not having an easy go. Exhaustion doesn’t help either but I promise it gets so much better as time goes on. Swaddling was our saving grace but at first Penny did not like it. We discovered that she didn’t like her arms being pinned down so from that point on we swaddled with arms out and it worked great! Have you tried that? You certainly are going to stay in good shape with all of that bouncing and carrying you are doing. Love the picture of the two of you! It looks like you bounced back quickly. I was the same but now I’m a little worried about what my body will look like after number two. Oh well! Its nothing exercise and a healthy diet can’t fix. :dohh:

Sara- I’m sorry you are having trouble coping. The early months are rough sometimes. I had an easy baby and I still felt overwhelmed at times. Huge hugs to you!:hugs: It does sound cruel. Obviously you did appreciate the help you were getting from him but needed more. Its good that you voiced your concern and asked for help but I’m sorry DH didn’t take it well. It sounds like he is feeling overwhelmed as well and taking it out on you. I really hope he reads the letter and make things better.

Abi- it sounds like you are doing a great job being organized and multitasking with two boys.

Bumpy- 12 hours of sleep is wonderful! I’m glad you are enjoying myfittnesspal. Its always interesting to see exactly what your eating and the nutrients you are receiving. You will be back to pre-preggo weight in no time!

MrsMigg- I liked your advice on weaning. I do the unconventional food mixing as well. If Penny won’t eat something I mix it with something she loves… applesauce and pureed spinach anyone?:haha: Your daughter sure does have a sophisticated palate

Amanda- It sounds like Delilah is doing well with bed time and nap time. I loved when Penny finally had a routine and slept through the night because we got back more ‘us’ time. Have a safe flight home! I’m glad you are enjoying your time in Florida

Tracie- its exciting that you are thinking about number 2! I hope the teething calms down so you can get some sleep.

Croy- your 1st period and no sleep. Ouch! Enjoy the weaning process. Penny is also avocado lover as well. Your recipes sound delish!

Fili- CONGRATS!!!:happydance: I’m so happy you didn’t have to push out a 10 pounder! Her name is beautiful and I can't wait to see pictures!

I’m loving all the milk wasted pictures! :haha:Its been so long since Penny has been like that. Now milk just makes her more alert and rambunctious:dohh:

AFM- I’m waiting to here back from the agency to see what the next steps are since we really like one of the couples.

Penny is doing great and is waddling and toddling about:cloud9:. She is so much fun and the best little companion. Recently she has started making us repeat her favorite song (“And We Danced” by Macklemore:dohh:) over and over while we have a dance party in our living room. Once she sees the last scene of the music video she goes to the computer and pretty much demands that we play it again.:haha: I’m sore from all the dancing she had me doing yesterday.

Thanks hun. He's so scrummy and the older three absolutely dote on him :)

I remember the days when my girls used to get into certain songs. Ella's was living la vida loca and Abi's was The Spice girls Spice up your Life!!!! Funny what you remember eh?!!

It's rainy here in Seattle today. I am trying to figure out getting pictures on here :) In between homework.
We just booked a vacation in Barbados for June. My cousin is getting married there so we will rent a villa with my parents and my brother. I can't wait, even though flying that far with a 10 month old migth be less relaxing than travelling with a 3 month old was!
Started carrots today and while the first bite he made a very funny face after that he was excited to eat it.

Ok, not much to say really but wanted to say hi! Hope you are all having good days where ever you are! Here is my guy in his Jumperoo
https://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/chrissie_nichols/Facebook/Bouncing%20and%20Rolling%202013/553216_10152400535220045_2009513478_n.jpg

croy - how tall is he? my kids feet don't touch the ground in that same jumperoo and D is 27 in!

Hi girls.
Love all the milk drunk photos.

Fili,
YAAAAAAY!!!! Congrats Hon!!!! So happy for you.

Tuckie,
Thanks for sharing what you do with Bay. So good to hear that you have a routine working for you. Grey seems to do okay sleeping on my boob as well. Forget the hand or my scent. Even when my arm is on him in the cosleeper and I am right there, it is not enough. Even in the Ergo, he MUST be bounced. He only tolerates non-bouncing when he is milk drunk and falls asleep on the boob.

Hoping,
How does surrogacy work? Can you insist on only one embryo at a time, so you don't get multiples? If so, I trust you will snap back into shape as well.

I love that Penny is the marker for what I can look forward to. She is also keeping you in good shape with all the dancing.

Croy,
So adorable. We posted at the same time.

AFM,
I lost my temper last night and told the baby to "be quiet" harshly and yelled at DH. I am such a bitch without my sleep. I am trying really hard and have not lost it until last night... I really hated my life last night and was scared what I got myself into. Grey refused the boob at 9pm, so the thing that worked the night before was out the window. We did all other tricks of swaddle, bounce, etc.... Finally at 2:15AM, he took the boob again and we wound up half sleeping in his co-sleeper with my boob in there and half sleeping in my bed for my comfort. Aaaargh, it is so frustrating and I feel horrible taking out frustration on my DH and DS. DH and I are fine and have made up. He keeps reassuring me that I am doing a great job, but I felt like such a failure when the one thing that keeps Grey happy usually completely failed and he continued to wail. I have cried a lot today.

My mom was superbly unhelpful in saying that DH and I are 1st time parents and don't know what we are doing and are spoiling Grey by holding him so much and catering to him. Um, I no longer feel like she will be helpful staying with us. DH is going to try and stay at home for work for as long as he can. Plus my mom admits that my Grandma on my dad's side raised my sister and me (she lived with us) and that she has no idea what to do with babies.

at his 4 month check up he was 26inches. He will turn 5 months in a few days but I can;'t imagine he's grown that much. I have pretty long legs though, longer than DH's even though he is taller overall so maybe he just has long legs?
Is it on the lowest setting?

Ok, so I figured out the picture thing, here is my hubs and the boy with the scarf my mum made for him for Christmas.

https://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/chrissie_nichols/Facebook/Mobile%20Uploads/741151_10152397901240045_1461222179_o.jpg

Croy- Levi is a doll :)

Kat- I'm so sorry you're struggling. I think it's totally normal to have that 'what have I gotten myself into' moment, even being a marl. Just keep remembering it will get better! Do you have a big recliner chair? In thinking you could put pillows and arrange grey to sleep on you in a recliner & maybe get some better sleep?

Kat - You are doing a great job, and the sleep deprivation is killer. I have snapped at Levi just a couple of times but both when I was at the end of my rope and exhausted and both when he was exhausted but wouldn't or couldn't settle. I didn't yell but I certainly was mad. I felt awful after each time, and hugged him tight. It was like once the anger came out I was flooded with patience again or something strange. I have walked away from him a couple of times too when I knew I was tired and frustrated. I just left him in the crib so he was safe and stepped outside for a few deep breaths while he wailed. That helped and then I felt I could go back and cope with him. Then I didn't feel guilty, he was fine even if he was crying, he soon got over it hen he went to sleep.

The early weeks, heck, the early months are tough. They are full of beautiful moments but its tough. Levi turns 5 months this week and he is so much fun. He laughs and we are starting to really be able to play. He wants to grab things and see things and he is so engaged and overall a very happy little guy.

One day at a time you are a great mama and I know Grey loves you so much. He won't know or remember any of the things we feel like we do wrong. We are the only mummies our babies have so they don't compare. They think we are amazing whatever we do xx

Hoping- I can't wait to dance and be silly with Bay :) lol at kids wanting you to do stuff over and over and over... :dohh:

Hoping I ache from the gym an doing a workout DVD lexi was watching laughing!! Have you heard back fr agency yet?? X

Hi tracie ur bit forgotten lovely xx

Croy I no so nice to share an I was thinking at 5am today lexi an Levi have one letter different! Lol! Lexi has had rice not impressed, porridge bit impressed rusk projectile vomited! These were all mixed with her milk!! Yesterday she had carrot sn gagged lol which I no is normal, swede which she dealt with today banana which she just would taste then spit out!! It confuses me as most babies I no start food an love it where she doesn't, she pokes her tongue out a lot so I hold the spoon there so she can feel them both but she just doesn't seem to get the hang of it!! So confusing?!! X

Kat my lovely, I have said shut up to lexi an walked out the room, sometimes I needed to do it to keep me sane, colic reflux fussiness is hard work Hun, grey doesn't no, I get it though I felt bad, but all I will say is it doesn't last, it must be hard with bf that you can't let hubby do it as when it got that bad I would take lexi to Pete an say just take her for a bit! There is light I promise... If he's bad Hun log on here an read back ur old posts that's what I did one night an it really amazed me how I got a new lease of life. Hope ur ok an were all here chick xx

Hi everyone else xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->