Mums/Moms after Recurrent Losses (MARL) - Come join us!

Hi girls, not much time but had to tell you tuckie that there is stuff in the store (got mine at Walgreens when I had uti few years ago) and it really helps with the pain. It's over the counter and I think it was by the condoms or tampons or something! I had never seem it before but it's some pill u take to help the pain and it makes ur pee bright red. But totally helps.
It was this or something like it.
https://m.walgreens.com/mt/www.walg...ry-pain-relief-tablets/ID=prod5646074-product

Welcome debzie and isla!

Trip was great, babies were fine but SO hard to leave them. 80s in cancun

Welcome back hopeful I'm glad you had a nice time you deserved some r&r!

Fili, tuckie feel better soon!

Mrsm - you summed it up perfectly I couldn't have said it any better myself - as long as our children are happy and healthy it doesn't matter how they are fed or whether they have a dummy or allowed to watch a bit of kids tv - we are their mums and all doing our best! The same for milestones - some will roll, crawl, walk, talk, eat, nappy train earlier than others but it doesn't make your baby any less advanced if they do it a bit later than others, they will probably hit a completely different milestone early instead!

Off to get squirt weighed this morning - your bubbas all seem massive in comparison! He's 23 weeks today and I'm guessing at the 14lb 5oz mark - we will see! X

Thanks Just, yeah on closer inspection I think it's more my lower abdomen that still feels so tender! I can hardly walk today so def going to call doctor. Sorry for the lack of photos. Here's my little girly! I love her fed up face on the London Tube haha!

Attachments

• lexi1.jpg
    lexi1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 5
  • lexi2.jpg
    lexi2.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 4
  • lexi3.jpg
    lexi3.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 6
  • lexi4.jpg
    lexi4.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 4
  • lexi5.jpg
    lexi5.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 5

Attachments

• lexi6.jpg
    lexi6.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 3
  • lexi7.jpg
    lexi7.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 5
  • lexi8.jpg
    lexi8.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 5
  • lexi9.jpg
    lexi9.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 7
Thanks for posting the pics Fili. Lexi is absolutely gorgeous, so many nice pics. Cant believe she's got to experience being out in the snow already and looks nice and toasty.
Yeah I'd call the doctor aswell as thats no good being in so much pain, hope you get it sorted soon.

MrsM and Bumpy, I completely agree about everything you ladies have said about children reaching different milestones at different ages and regardless of how they are fed etc.

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies. I'm recovering well each day gets easier to move but still have not ventured out yet. My mam is helping out as Chris had to go straight back to work. She is taking Emily to school etc. on the feeding front still no milk on day 7 so I'm more or less exclusively ff now. She has the odd top up breast feed.

Sleep wise I know she did really well last night woke up to feed at 2am 5am then at 7am she was awake until 10.30 and just gone off now. So here she is ladies Isla Jessica one week old today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 2
Got the all clear - scar healing well and the doc said that the tenderness was from them pulling me apart during the op!!

How much did Alfie weigh bumps?

Lexi is putting on an oz a day but she seems to want more and more milk! She can easily take 200ml in one feed (about 6.5oz) but sometimes she'll only have a quarter of that :shrug:

Fili my lexi was the same, the more milk she had the more she slept so i dont mind lol! I coslept till 8 weeks when i said thats it enoughs enough i found it hard to let her go when i put her in her cot but she liked that, she just didnt like her crib! x

Debzie shes a beaut and i love the name isla it was one of my choices to! x
Fili i still have a giggle to myself that you had a girl an i guessed right, dont no y i had such an inkling an to think u have a lexi to it was fate! We have rainbow twins lol x

Ladies have a look at this video on youtube, Dr harvey karp how to calm a crying baby, i recogn in those early months this would really work, my lexi loved white noise hoover hairdryer etc maybe worth a go? Kat? what do you think? x

Heart pip hoping jen embo pup how are you ladies not seen u in a while on here x

Hopeful,
So happy your trip was good and the weather was fantastic.

Fili,
Beautiful photos. Great news on you being infection free.

Davies,
We follow Dr. Karp religiously and have read his books and do all 5 S's. Grey is not colicy, most likely because we know how to calm him with the 5 S's. I also read his sleep book, but had limited success. Thanks for the suggestion though. Dr. Karp was in our pediatrician's practice in Beverly Hills. Grey does not care about white noise at all, but we still use it. Glad it calmed Lexi.

Debzie,
Precious!!! Sorry about your milk not coming in.

Bumpy,
How did the weigh in go? I have no idea what is average weight at what age, but I am guessing I have a big boy from what you ladies tell me.

AFM,
Mid 70's here. Lovely beach weather. That is where we are headed tomorrow.

Hey girls. Quick update:

Bay gained 12.5oz in 2 weeks. She is now 8lb 11.5 oz. This is an improvement for her. She was averaging about 4oz gain/week. Now she's gained a little more than 6oz/week. We are still going to try for 7oz/week. I got the antibiotic and told Dr I didn't have insurance so she ordered a cheap one that is also BF friendly.

Hopeful, I was given those azo pills as Rx before. I remember them making my pee orange! I think since this one has been going on for 5 days it was best to just get antibiotic. I'm prone to bladder/kidney problems so best to nip it in the bud :thumbup: thanks hun

Tuckie that's great news about bay!

Fili glad your scar is healing!

Wow I really do have a squirt!!! He's 23 weeks old and 14lb 3!! He's only put on 1lb 3oz in 6 weeks!!! I know weight gain slows down but that's tiny!!! It's funny he doesn't look that little to me!!! The health visitors say he's fine tho and have no concerns at all so I'm not worried!! He's still following his same line - 7th percentile or 30th for his adjusted age!

Bumpy Samuel is 6 months and only 13lb. I have a squirt too! Lol

I do read but I can't remember enough to reply to everyone so I have stopped trying tbh.

Love the photos and welcome Debsie

Hi everyone, I seem to be on the road to complete recovery!Hardly any pains this morning and went for a long walk with hubby :)

OMG you should see what I have had to do to the moses basket to get madam to sleep in it it's like cushion after cushion and a pregnancy pillow and soft blankets rolled up all warmed up!!! She can't resist it now and falls straight asleep in a kind of medium upright position - even some milk gets fed to her in there to add to comforts plus a bit of white noise and a little suck on a dummy - contented ga's ga's and voila = sleep!!! :haha:

:hi: pups!

Anyone ttc again anytime soonish? I have been doing ov tests and pregnancy tests already to check for negatives and they are :yipee: hoping to get a cycle back so we can ttc in April / May. Call me crazy but...

Hi Ladies,
Tuckie-
Great news hon. You are doing great.

Bumpy and Puppy,
All that matters is that your squirts are healthy.

Fili,
Are you crazy girl? I can't believe you are already thinking about #2. Sounds like a cozy sleeper you set up. In the States, we are told nothing in the crib at all. Not even a blanket. It makes it so cold and sterile. I noticed you UK ladies have stuffed toys and blankets.

Thanks for the welcomes and comments ladies.

Fili glad your scar is healing well. I cannot wait for the day, it seems ages away. I think you are crazy too ttc but am also alittle envious, this is my last baby.

Tuckie great news on the weigh gin.

Afm. Isla slept well agai. Last night waking at 3am 5am and then 7am settling straight back over. I had her in with me until 1am. I've been out for the first time today shopping then walked along to my mams Islas first outing in the pram. I'm now thinking I dd too much as I'm really sore. BLeeding has picked up too and it's more red.

Fili you are a bit crazy lol!! Think we will be ttc may next year!

fili - I don't think you're crazy - I totally understand wanting to try again soon. We do too. We had a c-section and they don't recommend pregnancy before 9-12 months so we are not going to risk trying before that. I will go in in May for a check up and just make sure that everything's ok and make an appt with our fertiility doc because even though we didn't have treatment in the end, my OB doesn't 'believe in the meds I was on. Progesterone and dexamethason so I will hav to go through my fertility clinic to use those, which we do. We don't want to risk it without. Plus we get much quicker blood results and more scans that way.

Anyway, we have a vacation to Barbados booked for the beginning of June for my cousins wedding and I don't want to be early pregnant then but after that we will be back peeing on sticks and hoping that we get blessed a second time.

I think if we hadn't had the c section we might have started trying already, but honestly, things with sleep deprivation have made our marriage harder work so it has been nice to be able to have some more time to work on having some fun with him before I am (God willing) preggy again :)

Will catch up with you other lovely ladies very soon, just had a few mins to stop by and wanted to comment while I thought about it

Fili- we're also planning on trying again soon as I'm 38 in March and we'd like at least 2 if not 3 kids. We're waiting for the 6 month mark as I want to give my body a chance to heal and Eva 6 months of breastfeeding (so far I've not gotten a period). Then I think we'll give ourselves another 6 months of 'not preventing.' If by Eva's first birthday I'm not pregnant again I'll likely do another sneaky clomid:)

Quick question for those that a weaning.....lets talk about poo!!! Alfie is going 3-4 times a day! They are also quite hard (but they often are since he has been having gaviscon in his milk), and the colour is a bit strange - yellowish but with darker bits in it. Almost looks like 2 colours of play doh have been squished together!!!! Is this normal? He's only on fruit,veg rice and porridge at the moment, no protein and he doesn't seem in pain at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->