Muslim Mummys to be .. ? Ramadan Update :)

as salamu aleykum! feeling fine, having a fantastic weekend with DH at home :) will have blood and urine test the upcoming week inshaaAllah

mashallah im glad your having a great weekend with your husband :flower:
good luck with your tests inshallah :thumbup:
im having a lovely time with my husband and my son
hes loving learning Arabic and the quran Alhumdulillah !!

‎(¯`v´¯)
.`·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨ )¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·¸ ☆ яαмα∂αи кαяєм ☪ мαч чσυ нανє α вℓєѕѕє∂ мσитн ιиѕнαℓℓαн ★

Fruitymeli,

is your profile pic an accident or you know that he was a muslim ?:) nice article about him here: https://www.suhaibwebb.com/society/entertainment/the-legend-of-captain-jack-from-birdy-to-sparrow/

Salam Everyone!

Hope everyones Ramadan is going well. I am not fasting either. I had my 12 week scan last week and it was wonderful seeing the baby!

salaam all :)

Hows everyone Ramadan?
Im feeling the hunger soooo bad but EVERYONE else seems to feel the thirst lol
Its hard at times but all for Allaah so never to hard :)

10th fast tommrow :happydance:

Im due on period at the weekend so just as im getting used to fasting, bloomin period will come!!

as salamu aleykum.
girls, make dua for three brothers in Islam that were killed in Birmingham while they were protecting their properties from looters. Inna Lillahi wa Inna Ilayhi Rajioon may Allah forgive them their sins and grant them highest levels of Jannah

Asalamualekum sisters!!

I'd like to wish you a happy and full of blessings Ramadan.

Alhamdulillah I've lost my little bean but I'm trying to keep positive and I trust that Allah may give me a baby soon.

XX

wa aleykuma salam sis

i'm so sorry for your loss, but put your trust in Allah, stay positive and strong. :hugs:

Salam ladies,

I know this is a super old thread but I need a group like this one... I was wondering if anyone here is still active or not.

I don't have many friends here, let alone ones that have kids or are pregnant.

I've been trying to find a support group here in but can't seem to track one down. Anyways I won't be expecting replies but it would be nice to find someone in a similar situation.

Salam! I've just seen this thread myself I'm pregnant with my 2nd baby, which is due in Feb. My son is 13 months. We must be roughly due around the same time? Is this your first? How are you finding the pregnancy?

Salam! I've just seen this thread myself I'm pregnant with my 2nd baby, which is due in Feb. My son is 13 months. We must be roughly due around the same time? Is this your first? How are you finding the pregnancy?

Oh my!! I am so glad someone wrote back!!

Yes it's my first so I am in new waters... I am so happy to be pregnant so fast... One month after getting married. But Its been a huge shock and change.

First I had to get used to being married and living together just the two of us. And because we come from different backgrounds I have had to learn a whole new way of cooking! Usually I am happy and energetic but these days I am just tired and finding it difficult to do my basic duties as a wife. Especially during Ramadan...

So I am a little sad about that. It's almost 11 weeks for me now and the morning sickness isn't as bad as it used to be, but I am still super tired. And working full time. Blah!! I have no idea how other mothers do it.

I don't want to sound like I am complaining I am soooo grateful. I just wish someone could have warned me I was going to be like this! :)

PLEASE tell me it gets better!

Woah WE HAVE THE EXACT SAME DUE DATE!!!

It was meant to be! LOL

Woah WE HAVE THE EXACT SAME DUE DATE!!!

It was meant to be! LOL

I was going to say the same thing! Must be fate. Lol! O:)

Aww congratulations on your marriage and pregnancy! How exciting! Must feel like so many new changes for you. Living together does take some time getting used to and probably isn't easy with all the hormones and sickness of the 1st trimester!

Don't worry, I think most women feel extra tired and lethargic in the first few months. I'm always falling asleep on the sofa well before my normal bedtime! The housework only just about gets done and i'm cooking whatever is easiest! But from my last pregnancy I know it does get easier in the 2nd trimester and you feel like you have a lot more energy.

Where are you from originally?

This pregnancy was quite an unexpected surprise for us, but I also feel really blessed that we got pregnant so easily without really trying. I'm sure it will be hard with 2 little ones, but will be nice to have them close in age so they can play together and in a way we are thinking it will be good just to get all the sleepless nights out of the way quickly!

I only recently started back at work after my last maternity leave and work part time. Don't mind it too much, but I think that's because I know I'm not going to be there for long. I plan to start maternity leave before Christmas :happydance:.

Have you had any scans yet? In the UK we get given a scan around 12 weeks and 20 weeks. Although we did have a private early scan at 8.5 weeks just to check everything was going as it should be. Felt quite reassured to see a good heartbeat.

Wow... That's definitely good news. I don't feel so alone. I try to talk to friends here and they don't quite understand.

Here in Australia we get a dating scan at about 6-8 weeks and then another scan at 12 weeks and then at about 16-20 for the gender. Yes, we get so many scans here. I'd get an early scan too if I was in your situation. It would drive me crazy if I had to wait that long.

My Husband's background is Lebanese but born and raised here.

And on my side my mother is Malaysian and my father is Australian. So our LO iA will be a mixed kid!

My mother has taught me amazing Malaysian food to cook. But I guess nothing beats what your mother use to cook hence my hubby requesting I learn a few new dishes.

Now that we are both almost at 11 weeks I am starting to feel like my morning sickness is subsiding which is nice. But still feeling super tired.

I too will finish up at the end of the year it'll be nice to have to have almost 2 months off!

I think having kids close is age is great too! iA that's what I would like too. With all my siblings we are about 2 years apart and it was great growing up. I had such a great childhood thanks to my super mum who had 4 kids by the time she was 25.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. You must be excited to know what you are having? For me first one... doesn't matter, though secretly I think I am having a girl. I had a dream about it before I fell pregnant. I saw a little girl in my dream and I knew she was my daughter.

Then a few weeks later I missed my period. hehe....

Wow! That's a nice mix of cultures! Your little one will be very multi cultural! I love Lebanese food, but also like Malaysian too. They are both very different cuisines. Must mean learning a whole new set of skills for you.

Yeah I'm still feeling very tired. It doesn't help that I've had a cold last couple of days and can't really take anything for it. My sense of smell is still super strong, but hoping that this will calm down soon.

I am hoping for a girl this time! Only because it will be nice to have 1 of each and I would probably leave it at 2 kids then. If its another boy, I would be happy too as its a little brother for Adam, but I might be tempted to try one more time for a girl. I don't really have any particular feeling for what sex the baby is, but then I wasn't sure with my son either.

I have my dating scan next week on the 15th. When will you be having yours?

Yes very multicultural!! Only God knows what our baby will look like... :happydance:

Back in the day parents would try to persuade their children to stick to the same culture it makes things easier. I understand, it would make life easier… but both my husband and I live in Australia and our parents were from here too. It just seemed to us that our culture was now Australian LOL.

We have the same goals in life and have a few things in common. But TV is an issue he can’t stand anything on BBC ahhh I should have asked him if he liked DR WHO before I married him… hahaha

Oh wow! I just got over a cold too… its still lingering but I feel much better Alhamdulillah. I just took paracetamol that’s all I could take.

My scan is on the 16th LOL My husband doesn’t work Fridays so he wanted to come along too.

It seems like here Eid will be tomorrow. So I wanted to take this opportunity to wish you and your family Eid Mubarak.

Thank you so much for replying to me, especially when I felt like I was at my lowest being really tested. I hope Allah SWT rewards you for the kindness you have shown me. :hugs:

XX

It looks like we will be celebrating here on Thursday too! Kher Mubarak to you and your family! :hugs: What are your plans for the day? My hubby will be working in the morning, but we will probably be at my in laws after that.

Do your family or in laws know about the pregnancy? We haven't told anyone yet. We want to wait until after the dating scan and once we get the NT results back. Although I think my sis in law is a bit suss, especially since I'm not fasting. My excuse is that it's hard work looking after my little man normally, let alone if I was fasting. Oh well, only a few more weeks before we announce it.

Aww hun! I'm happy I saw your post. It's nice to have someone who's also at the same stage as me and on the same wavelength. We can be each others bump buddies :happydance:.

Salam Bump Buddy!!

How are you? I hope you and your family are well! My Eid was great! We pray in the morning at a field her our place and pretty much visited most of my hubby's family. I pretty much only have my immediate family here so we did them last.

How was your Eid? Do you have alot of family there? Sorry I don't think I asked what your background was. :nope:

My date for the NT scan got pushed to 19th due to a double up! GRRR I am dying to see the little kiddo already, you know put my mind at ease. Also I am going to have to go alone too. :dohh:

I told my family pretty much straight away because its the first grand child on my side. I wanted to see my parents face light up with excitement. My dad is 60 now and I would love nothing more than to give him a grandchild.

It was only immediate family that knew... but more of his side know now. I guess someone must of mentioned it. It's a little disappointing I'd rather wait till we get this NT scan out of the way, but it is what is it.

Good news is my MS has subsided... I am having more good days than bad days. I am going to start back at the gym soon inshaAllah... hopefully it'll help with my mood.

Are you showing yet? I am use to having a flat stomach with abs but now it looks like major bloat. LOL

Salam Bud!:winkwink:

I'm good thanks! Hope you, your family and the little bub are well too.

Our Eid was busy and we spent the day with my in laws. Hubby has quite a large family and is the youngest of 5! Our son is the 9th grandchild on my husband's side, but the first on my side. My family is quite small in comparison and all live a couple of hours away.

Our background is a bit of a mix too. My dad was born in Kenya and moved to to the UK when he was 16. My mum is originally from Pakistan. Hubby's mum is part Iraqi and his dad is originally from Pakistan. LOL!

Oh that's a shame about your scan date being changed. :growlmad: But only few extra days to get through. I'm counting down the days until mine!! Feels like its taken forever to get here!

MashAllah that's good about your morning sickness. My nausea seems to have calmed down too. I almost felt not pregnant this last week, but then yesterday I started to get lots of aches and pains all over. Must be the ligaments loosening or stretching, but I really cant remember feeling like this so early on last time. Was more of a third tri thing before. Feel better today though so InshAllah it might have been a one off.

Previously, I didn't show until around 4 months and even then it was just a small bump that no one else could notice. This time there is already a bump so I guess its true what they say about showing quicker with your subsequent pregnancies!

You are so good to be thinking of the gym! I can't even face it lol! Still feel tired a lot :sleep:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->