Muslim parents

OmarsMum

Reaction score
How are you bringing up you children?

We pray when Omar is around us & he's trying to copy us. We also read Quran for him before bedtime & he's already picking up some words & completes the versus when we read.

We also want to find a toddlers group for learning the Quran when he's older.

We encourage him to say " besmillah" before eating & using words like inshallah.

i dont know if i really count but my df is muslim and were bring lo up really open minded

my oh speaks urdu to him at home and we say besmillah before him eats his food

im reading the Quran at the moment as im intrested in learning as much as i can for df and lo as we plan to home school

my oh doesnt pray at home he only does when he goes to the mosque which is mostly round eid lo doesnt see any of the women on df side of the family but i know they all pray regularly

we will be sending lo to ' aunties' house that we have here wher they learn arabic urdu ect

its very hard for us as a family to teach lo urdu or arabic oh isnt home alot and my family only speak english and we dont have any family who are muslims so lo wont mix with any children to practicse speaking unless hes out with his daddy or uncles

weve also bought toys we have a boy doll who talks and says verus of the Quran and religious nursery rhymes we also have bought Prophet Muhammad for little hearts

bookshttp://desidollcompany.com/

x

Alhamdulillaah all my boys (except the youngest) try to pray and as my eldest is 7; he prays all his prayers; albeit not all of them always on time. His dad also takes him to the mosque to pray on Friday and on other occasions as well. In the younger boys room they listen to Qur'an when going to sleep, we did have another mp3 player for my other sons room but it broke. My 7 year old is also doing the Madinah Arabic text/workbook and my younger boys are doing some more simple Arabic workbooks. We wanted them to go to a madrasah to learn Arabic and Qur'an properly (as opposed to being able to recite the Qu'ran parrot fashion) but it wasn't possible before due to OHs working hours and the decent one is 3 or 4 miles and 3 buses away, but he has changed his working hours now so we are enrolling them in the madrasah there is quite a waiting list though so not sure when they will get a place. My OH is a native Arabic speaker but all his family over here speak English most of the time so he rarely gets to practice and he keeps forgetting to chat with the kids in Arabic :(. xx

weve also bought toys we have a boy doll who talks and says verus of the Quran and religious nursery rhymes we also have bought Prophet Muhammad for little hearts

bookshttp://desidollcompany.com/

x

Love the dolls. We dont have them here :(

Love the idea of nursery rhymes, will check what we have here & I think I need to get him some Islamic Arabic books :thumbup:

I will be bringing up my son as a muslim, that's a nice idea reading the quran before bedtime, I shall use your ideas! :)

Hehe so close! Your son is cute mashalla!

Salaam alaikum ladies, lovely to see this group on here!

Omar's Mum I spent a few weeks in Sharjah last year and SIL's family live there - loved it!

To answer the original questions insha'Allah we intend to try to raise LO to speak both English and Arabic, read and recite Qur'an, pray every salaat, be very kind and helpful to everyone around him and generally to just remember Allah in his every day life - bismillah before everything, alhamdulillah, insha'Allah etc. following the sunnah where possible.

It's also important to us that he integrates well with non-Muslims insha'Allah. I'm a convert so none of my family are Muslim and most of my friends aren't and I want him to be just as involved with them as he is with his OH's family. Plus we live in London so multi-culturalism is a part of every day life and I do want LO to identify himself as British as well as Muslim insha'Allah.

To answer the original questions insha'Allah we intend to try to raise LO to speak both English and Arabic, read and recite Qur'an, pray every salaat, be very kind and helpful to everyone around him and generally to just remember Allah in his every day life - bismillah before everything, alhamdulillah, insha'Allah etc. following the sunnah where possible.

It's also important to us that he integrates well with non-Muslims insha'Allah. I'm a convert so none of my family are Muslim and most of my friends aren't and I want him to be just as involved with them as he is with his OH's family. Plus we live in London so multi-culturalism is a part of every day life and I do want LO to identify himself as British as well as Muslim insha'Allah.
I also intend for the baby to speak both english and arabic, but how do you go about it? Should my husband speak only arabic and myself only english to the baby? Sorry if its a silly question lol but I've always wondered how you make it work x

We speak both languages with Omar since he was a newborn. I try to use Arabic more than English as it's more difficult. Our housekeeper speaks English only. So he's exposed to both languages. His books are in English but I'm planning to introduce some books in Arabic soon.

Now at almost 18 months he understands both languages & he speaks using the easier word from each language. He mixes & matches words from each language. For example he says "Open bab please", sometimes he uses the same word in English or Arabic & it depends on the person he's talking with. WHen he asks me for sth he says "ateeni please" but when he asks the housekeeper he says "give me please".

DH's family mostly speak Arabic and mine speak English so he'll have a 50/50 mix from relatives. I'm hoping that DH will speak Arabic to him as he gets older and I'll speak English and that way he may get a good grasp of both insha'Allah. x

Asalamalaikum we all should start more threads so we can keep in touch with eachother and more muslim sisters INSHA'ALLAH and discuss and what not :D

Asalamalaikum we all should start more threads so we can keep in touch with eachother and more muslim sisters INSHA'ALLAH and discuss and what not :D

Wa alaykom Al Salam, your Avatar is lovely. My DS loves to wear my praying clothes :rofl:

This is a great idea. :thumbup:

Summer rain is a very active member & Mashallah she has very good knowledge, I love her posts :thumbup:

hehe thankyou :D she is soo cute! i just found the picture but i love it :) , aha aww hes so cute too MASHA'ALLAH, ooh i look forward to seeing more of her posts INSHA'ALLAH I think ill start a new thread just general chat for muslim women so we all can keep in touch there and talk

What a lovely thread! We try and recite the duas for eating/ sleeping/ changing clothes etc etc ourtselves from when they were babies and it seems to work because they just pick up on it really quickly!

I also printed off different pictures from various online sites and made a 'wudhu' chart for them to colour in, then laminated it and tuck it in the bathroom for them. They love this as they can visually see where to wash and we all know how much kids love to play with water hehe!

...hmm I tried uploading the file but it didn't work, its a microsoft word file?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->