My 6 week scan help...

Nataliieexo

Reaction score
I went for my 6 week scan due to spotting i have a yolk sac and the bottom blob was flickering and she said she thought it might be the heartbeat but it wasnt very clear. What worrys me is i am 5 weeks two days from ovulation and 6 weeks 4 days from lmp and i only measure 4 weeks 5 days how can they even think they thought they saw a heartbeat when i measure that small. My lmp was 12 sept and i am sure i ovulated on 30th sept maybe 1st october. I'm so confused i actually used a calculator from ovulation and had myself at 6 weeks can anyone shed some light? X

Attachments

• PicsArt_1383048738091.jpg
    PicsArt_1383048738091.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 11
Sorry hun, I have no advice... I know people can measure small and then their beans catch up, in my last pregnancy that was not the case, I was also absolutely sure when I ovulated then also... my fingers are crossed so tightly for you!! Are you having another scan done soon??? Keep us updated!!!

Like a week from today? I have one on monday, my 8 week scan... I'm terrified!!!

babies grow at such different ages.

while your baby is measuring (key word) at a certain week/day it isn't to say that it IS that age.

all of the measurements are based on averages. Just like kids we all developed at different rates.

I would rest on the flicker being the beats of babies heart. An empty sack would have been more of a cause to worry. You had a little bean in the sack so yay!

I have my scan tomorrow for the same reason as you. I used a calculator from ovulation and have myself at 6w 2 days and I ovulated on Sunday 29th or 30th September. I know this as I used opks and they were smiley on the Saturday and Sunday mornings.

Will try to remember to let you know what happens at my scan and what they say to me. What date was your lmp? I am not going by that at the moment as I ovulated really early in my cycle.

Thank you for the reasurrance i think it was the sac that measured 4 weeks 5 days x

Yes a week today and good luck at your scan hope all goes well try not to be too nervous im sure all will be well x

It.was 12th sept which is 6 weeks 4 days ago and i ovuated later than normal on the 30th i used opks and had pains aswell, good luck with your scan, let me know how it goes i am.sure it will be fine x

DS2 was a surprise - I was having investigations as to why I wasn't conceiving and had a mass in my ovary which is why I was having scans. I was scanned early and their equipment couldn't give a gestational age as he was too small for their calibrations but the doc said I must be at least 5.5weeks because there was a heartbeat flicker. He said some babies seem smaller on early scans but generally catch up.

This time round I just had an empty sac at 5.5weeks :( waiting to see if anything develops with time over the next few weeks.

It was the sac they measured at 4 weeks 5 days its so scary especially if theres a heart beat i hope it catches up by next tuesday.

Fingers crossed next time your little bean is there with a heartbeat :) x

I went for my 6 week scan due to spotting i have a yolk sac and the bottom blob was flickering and she said she thought it might be the heartbeat but it wasnt very clear. What worrys me is i am 5 weeks two days from ovulation and 6 weeks 4 days from lmp and i only measure 4 weeks 5 days how can they even think they thought they saw a heartbeat when i measure that small. My lmp was 12 sept and i am sure i ovulated on 30th sept maybe 1st october. I'm so confused i actually used a calculator from ovulation and had myself at 6 weeks can anyone shed some light? X

Try not to worry too much. Babies can grow and develop at different rates. Hopefully a future scan will shed some light for you!

Thank you and hopefully, i wish it would fly by, good luck with your scan :) x

How did your scan go?

It went well, thank you. Baby is measuring right on for development and had a strong healthy heartbeat! I go in for the NT scan in about 3 weeks. Praying that goes well!

How are you doing?

I'm doing fine been googling my problem like mad, scared myself to death so decided to leave that alone, start drinking lots of water and wait until tuesday. If they measure my pregnancy by the sac and not the fetal pole this time i am going to look elsewere for scans because i read they are are suppost to measure the fetal pole so they dont give me alot of confidence, glad your scan went well its so nice to have a bit of relief :) im sure your NT scan will be just fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->