My baby doesnt sleep!....

sonny

Mummy of Tabitha
Reaction score
I was just wondering how much your LO's sleep?

ive been reading some threads where it says LO's will feed then sleep 3-4 hours etc

I thought it was funny when my midwife said sleep when your baby sleeps.....problem.........my baby doesnt sleep!

This is a typical 24 hours for tabs......this was today but some times the times of when she sleeps varies...
9pm - go to sleep
1-2am - feed and straight to sleep
5-6am -feed and back to sleep
7am - wakes up
10am - 20 min nap
2pm - half hour nap
6pm- 15 min nap
8pm asleep and will probably wake at aound 1am

She was sleeping for about 2 hours over lunchtime but that stopped over a week ago.
Is she getting enough sleep? it doesnt seem right to me.
I know she gets herself over tired and will then only sleep if held.....maybe im missing her cues for sleep? but then i cant stand there rocking her for an hour in case she wants a sleep???
How much does your LO sleep during the days and how do you get them to sleep or do they just do it on their own?

my LO is awake a lot during the day. It is good they are establishing a day/night pattern. My gran has the oppinion that babies should be asleep all the time, but mine isn't asleep much during the day

xxx

she's not doing to bad as it looks like her longer bulk of sleep is during the night as its napping she is doing during the day... but like you says you cant sleep when she does as she only naps...
have you got her in a rouitne around bedtime at all? as from the week rhiannon came home ive had the same bedtime routine for her and its seemed to work as she has been sleeping through practically since born (only used to wake once at night twice at the most) i used to bath her around 7-8pm then bottle then would always put her in her moses basket..(as this was where she slept, so she would come to recognise that in when she was in here it was bedtime) then the older she has got ive tweeked the times a little and now her bath time is between 6.630pm and you can guarantee she is asleep but 8pm at the latest and she wakes at 7am...

but Tabitha could be a baby that doesnt need much sleep :hugs:..

Hmm.. I'm not really sure but didn't want to read and run.
I would try what welshcakes has recommended. Try getting her more on a routine; especially bedtime.

Colton's always been a sleepy baby-sometimes it's hard for me to keep him up.
He sleeps 10pm to 7am, with two 2-3 hour naps during the day.

Bren sleeps alot. He has an hour nap in the morning, a 3 hour nap in the afternoon and a catnap in the evening. He then gets ready for bed at 8, and wakes up 2 times during the night to eat, and usually goes right back to sleep and sleeps till about 7-8 am.

She probably needs to take longer naps during the day, athough her night time sleep sounds pretty good.
Have you tried shushing her back to sleep when she wakens from her power naps?

Caitlyns daily routine worries me, I fear she sleeps too much.

11pm - 8am
feed then back to sleep untill 12pm
feed then awake untill 4pm
feed then nap at 6, up at 7
feed at 8 then awake untill her bedtime feed at 10.30pm

Strangely, it's exactly the same everyday and I don't force it. I still let her decide.

First of all, SO jealous of all you mummys who's babies sleep through! Grace will go to sleep about 10-10.30pm after a feed. Then wake about 1-2am for another feed. Then again at around 4-5am then 7-7.30am. She will be awake for about 20 mins to half an hour each time. After that she may or may not go back to sleep. Then she usually has a bit of a nap between 10am and 12am for an hour or two. Then she's awake for pretty much the rest of the day until her night feed at 10ish. She may have the odd half hour nap throughout the day.

First of all Sonny :hug: u sound to me like your doing fab.
our little princess can be very different each day with regards to sleeping and we're just letting her find her own routine. sometimes it has been every 3hours in the night, and awake from 5am on wards. at the moment (hopefully this continues!) shes sleeping from between 8-10pm through till 5am - feed and change then through till 9am - doubt it will carry on be we can only hope :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->