My baby girl had her first cold :(

princesspie

Reaction score
And I feel so bad! :(
She is only 5 weeks old, I'm blaming myself and wondering if I did something to bring it on, not keep her warm enough or have her bath to cold, I'm ffing aswell so feeling guilty for not bfing

Ah hun, don't blame yourself, these things happen!! My LO had her first cold at 3 weeks old, they are gonna get them at some time, just give her lots of TLC, keep her warm, well hydrated, raise the head end of her matress/basket/crib, it helps!!

Hope she is feeling better soon!!

Her getting a cold has nothing to do with her being too hold or cold, colds are caused by germs, and as hard as you can try to keep her away from germs they will get through. So you cannot blame yourself.

Hopefully it wont last long.

It's really common to blame yourself for these things early on but it's not your fault lovely. Just keep hugging her and all will be well!

My baby caught her first cold yesterday from her daddy, and now I have it too. She's all snotty and snuffly. I have a sore throat, which isn't a great accompaniment to the sleep deprivation that goes with a 10 day old baby who is feeding every hour and a half!

There are a lot of colds going around atm, have you tried the plugin Calpol vapour? I cant praise it enough. (Just noticed it says 3 months though) I think at 5 weeks you need to use a nasal sucker.
https://www.google.co.uk/products/c...a=X&ei=g6zqTf3iNYSxhAf6mrC6Bg&ved=0CCgQ8wIwAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->