My Big Fat Gypsy Christmas!

I can't get anuff of the "big fat" gypsy stuff :D haha

Drat, I'm jealous it doesn't come on until Sunday in America :brat:.

Where on earth do they get the $$ to fund these gaudy, feck off weddings? The women don't work, stay home to take care of several children, and the husbands are hardly educated...with so many mouths to feed :shrug:.

they don't have to pay as many taxes as the rest of us, and they don't have to pay rent or a mortgage and tend to do manual jobs which are extremely hard work but can pay really well-especially if they are a skilled manual worker like an electrician or have their own company-then they tend to save pretty much all their money for their children's weddings xx

Are there really that many that would be qualified in a trade???

Most of them I know are tarmacers, and collect scrap.

Up untill a few months ago I lived right next to a travlers site and knew a fair few of them, most of them are "self taught" not qualified and dodgy as hell when it comes to tarmacing :)
All the ones I knew (alot have even been on the show) are actualy very polite, when I used to work at the local pub they where in every night and the older ones where always respectfull and kept the younger ones under control and the younger ones always helped me bring the logs and coal in and go tthe fires going for me, I loved how the older ones would give one of the lads a clip if they wtached me dragging it in on my own :)
Although I suspect that was purely because I had the right to bar them if I wanted :) their wives where never allowed out with them.
Every now and then you would get the old vile one in that swore and was generaly nasty but normaly they didnt live near by and was visiting.
Its the girls you have to watch out for in our area, you look at them wrong and they will have you on the ground and they arnt allowed in the pub anymore.

Im not keen how all gypsies get tarred with this though as there are many kinds of gypsies, I come from a long line of water gypsies (canal people) and they are nothing alike, for a start youd freaze your arse off in the outfits on a barge :)

I can't believe I missed this :( Is it repeated at all or on Sky Anytime?

I have never lived near gypsys, and we don't really get many staying long, but my town is fairly rural, and they do pass by and stop over in random fields and road sides from time to time, so nothing like what you see on the tv ! .... except earlier on this year! they showed up in their masses lol, and pulled up smack bang in the town centre opposite the main park/lake, i was shocked lol to see they had horses and everything with them ! but they left within two days, as the council were starting road works near by and asked them to leave haha, was surprised they left so easily tbh, after what you hear about them hanging around for ages!

Did anyone see the part where those girls were wearing those heels walking to the church :shock: I didnt like any of the dresses but I did like watching lol

I dno how you didn't like them ... :/ i want to get married in one JUST like that big puff ball dress....

OMG i love that show its soo bad that its really good!!!!

I cant believe they are driving around in blinged up range rover sports?? Where the hell am i going wrong!!!!

Id be soooo mad if my husband was late for the church because he was getting pissed down the pub and there she is freezing her arse off just saying nothing about it, im far to out spoken to be a travellers wife!

Also you could see the disapointment on that guys face when they found out they were having a girl!

I love it, love it, love it!!!

The toddlers in the bra tops bumping & grinding make me sad

well my OH is a traveller and his parents live on a legal site. Him and his family all agree that this series greatly exagerates their traditions and doesnt do them any favours with the public.

the gypsies that i associate with are hard working, and do pay their taxes.

The series doesnt show travellers how they really are in my opinion and i think it makes a sweeping generalisation which doesnt help their already awful reputation.

its a bit like showing a programme called "Real Farmers" and then showing an hour of them wearing wellies and saying "ooohh aaaar". (thats probably a bad example but you get what i mean?)

^^^ agreed i feel bad for most travllers as its a t.v show they have to make it look good but for me its made me less 'scared' to talk to them we have a few that come in the salon and tbh they like to push their luck with freebies and if you make a tiny mistake they want money off or for free but i still find them really interesting!!
And none of them look like they do on the show!!

well my OH is a traveller and his parents live on a legal site. Him and his family all agree that this series greatly exagerates their traditions and doesnt do them any favours with the public.

The series doesnt show travellers how they really are in my opinion and i think it makes a sweeping generalisation which doesnt help their already awful reputation.

its a bit like showing a programme called "Real Farmers" and then showing an hour of them wearing wellies and saying "ooohh aaaar". (thats probably a bad example but you get what i mean?)

Couldnt agree with you more, most of the travelers I know do not carry on like that.

Though I have noticed a change in the last few years in their flashyness.

When my Big fat gypsy wedding came out first travelers in ireland were very angry about it and even went on tv to state so.

I think travelers in ireland are less overtly flashy than those who immigrated to england by the looks of things.

or maybe I am wrong and this is just a small section of the irish travelling community living in england???

I watched it, i loved it.

Some of the little toddlers outfits were far too much and the glass baby bottles :wacko:

But overall a big :thumbup:

V xxx

I watched it, i loved it.

Some of the little toddlers outfits were far too much and the glass baby bottles :wacko:

But overall a big :thumbup:

V xxx

Nuk sell glass baby bottles in Mothercare. I had a few for the girls my mum got me :haha:

Couldnt agree with you more, most of the travelers I know do not carry on like that.

Though I have noticed a change in the last few years in their flashyness.

When my Big fat gypsy wedding came out first travelers in ireland were very angry about it and even went on tv to state so.

I think travelers in ireland are less overtly flashy than those who immigrated to england by the looks of things.

or maybe I am wrong and this is just a small section of the irish travelling community living in england???

i think its the same with any ethnic group, there are a small section who are over the top and just plain wronguns really. but the majority of travellers are just "normal" families that prefer to live in mobile homes.

it really pisses me off to be honest that people are so outspoken about racism (and rightly so) but when it comes to the travelling community they get called "pikey" and "gypo" on a regular basis but its fine because they are just gypsies. (not on this thread btw but i have seen it before on bnb).

its just such a shame that the only time travellers get news coverage is if they are scamming old women or having an ott wedding.

put a camera in my OHs parents mobile home for a few days and you will be bored stiff. just the usual cooking dinner, going out to work, coming home and watching tv and having all the grandchildren round!

Your right Brookey, its not right people are openly racist towards travellers.

I've lived near and went to school with travelers all my life and the majority I've never had a problem with.

They are a very family orientated race and I'm sure your Oh's family are exactly this.

Also you LO is gorgeous, super cute!

xx

I agree that it's wrong that all travellers get tarred with the same brush and the comment I made was just about what I saw last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->