My Big Fat Gypsy Christmas!

I agree that it's wrong that all travellers get tarred with the same brush and the comment I made was just about what I saw last night.

i know hun i wasnt having a pop at you :flower: im just speaking in general.x

all the my big fat gypsy shows on the TV show people that look like what you'd get if you crossed strictly come dancing, toddlers and tiaras and a pantomime together. Of course they don't represent all travelers, its a TV programme, when have they ever represented anyone or anything fairly? :flower:

I love it!! I do think the foundation that travellers have is really intriguing, such as the young girls dress provocatively but they do not have sex, do not drink and fully respect their parents. Some of the rules should be introduced into our culture!!!

I love it!! I do think the foundation that travellers have is really intriguing, such as the young girls dress provocatively but they do not have sex, do not drink and fully respect their parents. Some of the rules should be introduced into our culture!!!

Really? I think how they treat the females is horrible. They aren't supposed to do anything cept keep the caravan clean and have children. Horrid way to spend your life IMO. & its wrong that so many girls leave school so young too :(

Really? I think how they treat the females is horrible. They aren't supposed to do anything cept keep the caravan clean and have children. Horrid way to spend your life IMO. & its wrong that so many girls leave school so young too :(

classic example of how a television programme influences peoples opinions...can i ask have you ever spent a day with a travelling family? I dont mean the over the top, exagerated type on gypsy wedding but a normal, everyday family?

my OH is a traveller and i can assure you he does his fair share of housework/cleaning/looking after the baby. So does all of the males in his family.

i dont mean to sound argumentative but this kind of thing really annoys me. would you watch a programme on suicide bombers and then say that you dont like muslims because they all let off bombs? no.

some of my patients are gypsies and I have to say they show more respect and gratitude than most!

I watched it, i loved it.

Some of the little toddlers outfits were far too much and the glass baby bottles :wacko:

But overall a big :thumbup:

V xxx

Nuk sell glass baby bottles in Mothercare. I had a few for the girls my mum got me :haha:

Alot of places sell them even the hospital gave me some glass bottles of ready milk when LO was born and again when he was in hospital because they are easier to package as a sterle product rather then plastic ones so they are ready to use straight away.

Was I the only one dissapointed though? I was expecting a show about how they do their christmas parties and the traditions they have around christmas (yes I was wanting a big over decorated caravan) but nope it was just about the wedding again that just happened to be held near christmas.

Was I the only one dissapointed though? I was expecting a show about how they do their christmas parties and the traditions they have around christmas (yes I was wanting a big over decorated caravan) but nope it was just about the wedding again that just happened to be held near christmas.
yea i agree..it should of been called my big fat gypsy christmas wedding! still a good watch tho.

I understand what you're saying and also about the generalizations annoying people, but at the same time, you can't say that NONE of the young traveller girls have sex, I'm sure some of them do, it's just under the radar; same with any culture/community. I don't think it's right to tar everyone with the same brush but TV programme does affect people's view, not saying it's right but that's how it goes. :shrug:

I understand what you're saying and also about the generalizations annoying people, but at the same time, you can't say that NONE of the young traveller girls have sex, I'm sure some of them do, it's just under the radar; same with any culture/community. I don't think it's right to tar everyone with the same brush but TV programme does affect people's view, not saying it's right but that's how it goes. :shrug:

No ones saying that none have ever had sex before marriage, of course it happens but it is still a huge part of the girls upbringing.
A good 95% odd percent of them do stick to it, I know first hand the grief and hatrasment you get off other girls for havimg sex before marriage

classic example of how a television programme influences peoples opinions...can i ask have you ever spent a day with a travelling family? I dont mean the over the top, exagerated type on gypsy wedding but a normal, everyday family?

my OH is a traveller and i can assure you he does his fair share of housework/cleaning/looking after the baby. So does all of the males in his family.

i dont mean to sound argumentative but this kind of thing really annoys me. would you watch a programme on suicide bombers and then say that you dont like muslims because they all let off bombs? no.

this thread is on the tv show :wacko: of course my opinion is on it.

this thread is on the tv show :wacko: of course my opinion is on it.

well obviously but you didnt state that in your post. you spoke as if you were meaning generally.

and the post that you quoted was talking about travellers in general, and you replied to it. no mention of the tv show.:wacko:

Blah that is the exact reason why I said SOME of their way of life should be brought into our culture. Of course I don't agree that all women should do is have children and keep a caravan clean and leave school at a young age. But what I was meaning to say is that to the outside they dress provocatively and you would assume from that, that the young girls would be getting up to all sorts, but infact they have these rules that MOST of them abide by.

How can they let their children go out wearing outfits like that, at such a young age?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->