My "Do. Not. Spend." Journal x

vhal_x

The four of us.
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I can post a money based journal in here so Mods, if it should be somewhere else, sorry :flower:

Anyway, I'm getting out of control with my spending so I thought I'd write down the date of my spending and update this every time I buy something, just so I know where my money is going (as I often buy things, forget, then wonder why I'm £100 out of pocket :dohh:)

xx

26/05/11
Pikachu Slippers: £8.99
Pokemon Ranger NDS Game: £7.51
Pinball Game: £9.84

27/05/11
Pokemon Zombie T Shirt: £13.59
Gameboy Cable: £6.80
Shoulder Bag: £6.48
Baby bodysuit: £6.98

29/05/11
Nintendo 64 Bundle: £59.51

30/05/11
Two Retro toy cars: £9.98
Dreamcast from a girl on here: £35

Total: £164.68

SHIT :cry:

oh dear, not a good start to your do not spend journal, but never mind, at least by writing it down you have realised how much you are spending. Are you saving for anything specific? or just trying to see where your money goes?x

might not be a good start but it might shock you into changing how you spend

I am the same babe, 20quid here and there seems nothing but it adds up xx

that's a good idea actually hun. I'm absolutely awful with money.... I can manage other peoples really well, just not my own haha. I think I'm guna have to do my own actually lol.

:flower:

xxx

Not spent anything since my last post, so have done well so far :)

Oh no, I lied, I bought one thing, a Nintendo 3DS game, for £24.99.

Legends of Zelda: The Ocarina Of Time N3DS: £29.99 with £5 discount: £24.99

Total: £24.99.

At least it's better than before :coffee: xx

oh dear, not a good start to your do not spend journal, but never mind, at least by writing it down you have realised how much you are spending. Are you saving for anything specific? or just trying to see where your money goes?x

A bit of both, me and OH are trying to just save up in general, but with a long term goal of having enough to buy a house (have the deposit I mean, not buy outright) and get married, at the moment we have £1000 saved, but we both keep dipping into then paying it back in.

Only problem is, we often forget what we have spent, so we just pay back an estimate, whereas I'd rather we always knew what was coming out, so we know exactly what is needed to go back in, so we can put more in on top of that to make the savings grow IYKWIM?

Sorry I rambled :haha: xx

Can you set up a direct debit from your account on the day that you get paid? Then it is out of your account before you have time to spend it. And give somebody the passbook/bank card. Then you cannot be tempted to dip into it.

I'm rubbish at saving but what works for me is to set myself a budget for the week or month, take out that much cash and then I can see as I spend it from my purse, so if I've only got £20 left and still a few days left until new 'allowance' then I won't buy frivulous things I don't need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->